NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Hunter 2020-2021 Outlook

Another caveat, make of this info what you will.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/atlanta-hawks-player-usage-rates

The main players of ATL soak up alot of usage & Rightfully so. At least in Trae's & Collins case. Cappella been balling too

So what's left is divvied up by the wings 

Trae: 32.4%

Collins: 22.%

Capela: 20.2%

Gallo: 21.2%

Hunter: 19.5% , Bogdan: 19.3%  , Reddish: 19.1% , Red Kevin : 16.9%

And yes I understand not every player needs high usage % to put up numbers. Just trying to paint the landscape here

• Like 3
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.radio.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-could-see-deandre-hunter-return-this-week

shhh keep this quiet. I like your use of transparent font 👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️

13 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Another caveat, make of this info what you will.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/atlanta-hawks-player-usage-rates

The main players of ATL soak up alot of usage & Rightfully so. At least in Trae's & Collins case. Cappella been balling too

So what's left is divvied up by the wings 

Trae: 32.4%

Collins: 22.%

Capela: 20.2%

Gallo: 21.2%

Hunter: 19.5% , Bogdan: 19.3%  , Reddish: 19.1% , Red Kevin : 16.9%

And yes I understand not every player needs high usage % to put up numbers. Just trying to paint the landscape here

I see this changing soon with Hunter taking more usage than Gallo and Capela. Gallo will just get phased out cause he's old and injury-prone, and Capela is not a guy that needs touches to be effective. His offensive game is pretty much lobs, putbacks and dunks and he's there to grab rebounds and block shots anyway. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I see this changing soon with Hunter taking more usage than Gallo and Capela. Gallo will just get phased out cause he's old and injury-prone, and Capela is not a guy that needs touches to be effective. His offensive game is pretty much lobs, putbacks and dunks and he's there to grab rebounds and block shots anyway. 

Cream always rises to the top.

Logic says Gallo should be the odd man out. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Downgraded for tonight kid can't catch a break 

I'm not sure if it's as much him not being able to catch a break as it is the team just being careful with him after an invasive knee surgery.  I think he'll be fine ROS but patience must be exercised. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Nica4two said:

I'm not sure if it's as much him not being able to catch a break as it is the team just being careful with him after an invasive knee surgery.  I think he'll be fine ROS but patience must be exercised. 

I meant kid can't shake off knee issues I hope its not a constant issue he is a joy to watch

Dropped this guy for Chuma. Atlanta has too much wing depth, and Lou isn’t even there yet. 

Might be worth a pick up if there’s injuries, but for now, I think he can left on the wire in all leagues.

• Like 1

who could have guessed such a thing

now when he comes back he'll probably ball out and everyone who dropped will be pissed.

i'm hoping he's just out for the year though, i hate* having players on my roster on mins limit/no back 2 backs etc. plus they really shouldn't mess with an injury like this with a young player

Edited by lethotjames23
10 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

who could have guessed such a thing

now when he comes back he'll probably ball out and everyone who dropped will be pissed.

i'm hoping he's just out for the year though, i hate* having players on my roster on mins limit/no back 2 backs etc. plus they really shouldn't mess with an injury like this with a young player

Yea, I worry about the no back to backs. But his upside is too hard to just leave on the WW.

I'm going to lose 1st place because I'm holding this guy. Only up by 3 wins with 3 weeks to go and 2 weeks against Top-5 teams. Replaced him with Je'Sean Tate so I don't feel like I lost too much. 3 days with FAAB I can always re-add Hunter if he has a decent game. The biggest issue is fighting Lou Will, Gallinari, and Huerter for touches now....... All of these guys would be starters on other teams!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, mtx said:

I'm going to lose 1st place because I'm holding this guy. Only up by 3 wins with 3 weeks to go and 2 weeks against Top-5 teams. Replaced him with Je'Sean Tate so I don't feel like I lost too much. 3 days with FAAB I can always re-add Hunter if he has a decent game. The biggest issue is fighting Lou Will, Gallinari, and Huerter for touches now....... All of these guys would be starters on other teams!!!!!!

Lou Williams stinks, Gallo is slow footed and his offense isn’t that great. Huerter can shoot but very pedestrian.

8 minutes ago, mtx said:

I am comfortably in 1st place but the fact that he no longer has the INJ tag and sitting in the IR spot hinders my ability to stream. Hope he returns soon.

7 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

Lou Williams stinks, Gallo is slow footed and his offense isn’t that great. Huerter can shoot but very pedestrian.

All of those guys are still better than a guy with a swollen surgically repaired knee getting you zero stats!!!! 

10 minutes ago, mtx said:

All of those guys are still better than a guy with a swollen surgically repaired knee getting you zero stats!!!! 

It’s only been 2 games dude relax

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

Capela is questionable for Tuesday

Gallinari is out for Tuesday

Bognanovic is out for Tuesday

Time for De'Andre Hunter to make the donuts along side Collins

Amazing. Hope he lights it up and earns that starting job back. I got $89 left in my FAAB to use and Jordan Poole is next to be dropped!!!!!!!