Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry Rozier 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

another guy who dropped way down in the rankings ..

 

for a guy who put up 18-4-4 with 3 threes a game in the first year of a hefty contract, being ranked 144 overall doesn’t really seem to do him justice 

 

is there something i’m missing here? i know they got lamelo and hayward, but they’re not paying him to sit.. how is he not top 100?? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was putting up jumpshots in pre-game. 

It was a blowout n hes been playing a lot...they just let him rest after the hip contusion...48 hrs for treatment...still looks good for Monday i'd say.  

33 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

another guy who dropped way down in the rankings ..

 

for a guy who put up 18-4-4 with 3 threes a game in the first year of a hefty contract, being ranked 144 overall doesn’t really seem to do him justice 

 

is there something i’m missing here? i know they got lamelo and hayward, but they’re not paying him to sit.. how is he not top 100?? 

 

I got him in the final round of my draft. Lamelo and Hayward really puts a dent in his value for sure, but there's also a very negative perception of him. People just see him as a mediocre guy that chucks on a bad team. He finished 77th overall on BMM last year, so finishing around top 100-90 this year is not a crazy expectation. I certainly don't think he'll top what he did last year but something like 15.5/3.5/3 is a very reasonable projection for him and great value for where he's ranked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

 

I got him in the final round of my draft. Lamelo and Hayward really puts a dent in his value for sure, but there's also a very negative perception of him. People just see him as a mediocre guy that chucks on a bad team. He finished 77th overall on BMM last year, so finishing around top 100-90 this year is not a crazy expectation. I certainly don't think he'll top what he did last year but something like 15.5/3.5/3 is a very reasonable projection for him and great value for where he's ranked. 

 

they need his production, there’s a chance he replicates last season imo 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2020 at 1:24 PM, BykeINIT said:

 

they need his production, there’s a chance he replicates last season imo 

 

Well I hope thats the case. Getting him in the last couple of rounds carries a ton upside. If he can get close to those number he will obliterate his ADP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

won't LaMelo start over him eventually? I mean even Eric Gordon went off last year.

Hornets need someone to score and shoot,Lamelo can't hit shot,lol

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had him last year and he gives you games like this, then comes out the next night and drops a stinker.  Hopefully his consistency will improve this year otherwise he's tough to hold, especially with the potential for LaMelo to cut into his minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he’s in for a big year. They need scoring and him and Hayward are the best scorers. Plus his fg% should rise this season sense they are a better team overall. Don’t expect 40+ points every game, but there’s no reason why he can’t score 18-20+ points a night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He still ended up giving top 80 value overall last year - for a guy I picked off the wire I'll more than happy with that. 

Lamelo also has zero idea how to score the basketball lol so I think Terry's job is safe for now. 

Edited by fabrar
Link to post
Share on other sites

He was 39% from 3 last year as 1A so he does have the ability and the opportunity to produce as a scorer

Don’t think anybody expects him to average 42 but low 20+ ppg with an increase in fg% is doable 

He’s 26 not 32, far from a finished product

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So when LaMelo does start and if Terry goes to the bench, will he lose as much value as some ppl think? Wouldn't that just open up some usage with the second unit? Is it possible that he closes games with the starters? They would probably have to run a small lineup though. But he's one of their better scorers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

So when LaMelo does start and if Terry goes to the bench, will he lose as much value as some ppl think? Wouldn't that just open up some usage with the second unit? Is it possible that he closes games with the starters? They would probably have to run a small lineup though. But he's one of their better scorers.

I'm actually thinking he will be the 2nd option still even coming of the bench similar to how Jason Terry was to Dirk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scary terry is good, had him last year and he was fine. 

 

Value on him was terrific draft day. 

 

He's still not the #2 option on this team though. Graham has that role as he bested him like 80% of games they played together last year. 

 

He's option 3, but that isn't bad, but I doubt we see another 40 point outing from him this season. Once Cavs went up 20 they were coasting on defenses rest of game and their defense already blows, so coasting defense was just like taking candy from a baby for scary T. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Terry Rozier 2020-2021 Outlook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...