NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Terry Rozier 2020-2021 Outlook

BykeINIT

another guy who dropped way down in the rankings ..

for a guy who put up 18-4-4 with 3 threes a game in the first year of a hefty contract, being ranked 144 overall doesn’t really seem to do him justice 

is there something i’m missing here? i know they got lamelo and hayward, but they’re not paying him to sit.. how is he not top 100?? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

another guy who dropped way down in the rankings ..

for a guy who put up 18-4-4 with 3 threes a game in the first year of a hefty contract, being ranked 144 overall doesn’t really seem to do him justice 

is there something i’m missing here? i know they got lamelo and hayward, but they’re not paying him to sit.. how is he not top 100?? 

I got him in the final round of my draft. Lamelo and Hayward really puts a dent in his value for sure, but there's also a very negative perception of him. People just see him as a mediocre guy that chucks on a bad team. He finished 77th overall on BMM last year, so finishing around top 100-90 this year is not a crazy expectation. I certainly don't think he'll top what he did last year but something like 15.5/3.5/3 is a very reasonable projection for him and great value for where he's ranked. 

9 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

I got him in the final round of my draft. Lamelo and Hayward really puts a dent in his value for sure, but there's also a very negative perception of him. People just see him as a mediocre guy that chucks on a bad team. He finished 77th overall on BMM last year, so finishing around top 100-90 this year is not a crazy expectation. I certainly don't think he'll top what he did last year but something like 15.5/3.5/3 is a very reasonable projection for him and great value for where he's ranked. 

they need his production, there’s a chance he replicates last season imo 

I think he’s in for a big year. They need scoring and him and Hayward are the best scorers. Plus his fg% should rise this season sense they are a better team overall. Don’t expect 40+ points every game, but there’s no reason why he can’t score 18-20+ points a night.

He still ended up giving top 80 value overall last year - for a guy I picked off the wire I'll more than happy with that. 

Lamelo also has zero idea how to score the basketball lol so I think Terry's job is safe for now. 

Edited by fabrar

He was 39% from 3 last year as 1A so he does have the ability and the opportunity to produce as a scorer

Don’t think anybody expects him to average 42 but low 20+ ppg with an increase in fg% is doable 

He’s 26 not 32, far from a finished product

So when LaMelo does start and if Terry goes to the bench, will he lose as much value as some ppl think? Wouldn't that just open up some usage with the second unit? Is it possible that he closes games with the starters? They would probably have to run a small lineup though. But he's one of their better scorers.

59 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

So when LaMelo does start and if Terry goes to the bench, will he lose as much value as some ppl think? Wouldn't that just open up some usage with the second unit? Is it possible that he closes games with the starters? They would probably have to run a small lineup though. But he's one of their better scorers.

I'm actually thinking he will be the 2nd option still even coming of the bench similar to how Jason Terry was to Dirk.

Scary terry is good, had him last year and he was fine. 

Value on him was terrific draft day. 

He's still not the #2 option on this team though. Graham has that role as he bested him like 80% of games they played together last year. 

He's option 3, but that isn't bad, but I doubt we see another 40 point outing from him this season. Once Cavs went up 20 they were coasting on defenses rest of game and their defense already blows, so coasting defense was just like taking candy from a baby for scary T. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

• tonycpsu changed the title to Terry Rozier 2020-2021 Outlook