NBC Sports Edge Forums

Luguentz Dort 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol, no jinx ... welcome to today's NBA. Play one day and rest the next. Wonder if my employer will adapt this model 

oh man, he's so T H I C C too.

sorry bud, simply shining some reality so that your next emoji is not like this 😭

27 minutes ago, maleman said:

2 subpar games. Time to move on? 

It's a long season. Hopefully, your team is balanced enough to allow your end of the roster players to have their dud games. I don't know what player pools look like in 12-14 team leagues, but I imagine it's going to be hard to find another player with his role, potential, and minutes. He's a def hold in deeper leagues. 

1 minute ago, tremixt said:

It's a long season. Hopefully, your team is balanced enough to allow your end of the roster players to have their dud games. I don't know what player pools look like in 12-14 team leagues, but I imagine it's going to be hard to find another player with his role, potential, and minutes. He's a def hold in deeper leagues. 

Who will be better ROS Josh jackson rui hachimura Duncan Robinson or lu dort? 

1 hour ago, Cozie said:

This thread has quite down recently. Has Lu lost some of his fantasy luster? Is he even a hold in 12 teamers?

Yes definitely a hold in 12-teams. He has not been terrible as some of his lines are due to foul trouble or the team getting blown out. HOLD, the opportunity is still there.

9 minutes ago, hlin8821 said:

Yes definitely a hold in 12-teams. He has not been terrible as some of his lines are due to foul trouble or the team getting blown out. HOLD, the opportunity is still there.

issue is okc absolutely sucks, making the numbers of alll the starters volatile as this will be an obvious lost season while they'll look to give mins to ALL their younger upside players

Edited by TroutFister
Just now, TroutFister said:

issue is okc absolutely sucks, making the numbers of alll the starters volatile as this will be an obvious lost season while they'll look to give mins to their younger upside players

And Dort is not one of those younger upside players? His defense alone keeps him on the floor. On a bad night without foul trouble or blowout, he'll see a easy ~33MPG.

Just now, hlin8821 said:

And Dort is not one of those younger upside players? His defense alone keeps him on the floor. On a bad night without foul trouble or blowout, he'll see a easy ~33MPG.

i corrected myself by saying "all"...they have a ton of young players an i can see okc seeing what they have in all of em. 

1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

i corrected myself by saying "all"...they have a ton of young players an i can see okc seeing what they have in all of em. 

Yes but Dort is easily a player OKC wants to take a longer look at this season and he has a pretty long leash with his elite defense. It speaks volumes of how he was able to guard James Harden during the bubble and his frame is definitely NBA ready. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hlin8821 said:

Yes but Dort is easily a player OKC wants to take a longer look at this season and he has a pretty long leash with his elite defense. It speaks volumes of how he was able to guard James Harden during the bubble and his frame is definitely NBA ready. 

we'll see, but i can't afford to play the waiting game in a competitive points league and where i like a few spots to stream based on weekly game volume. in roto i can hold though. good luck

4 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

we'll see, but i can't afford to play the waiting game in a competitive points league and where i like a few spots to stream based on weekly game volume. in roto i can hold though. good luck

Fair enough. I'm in a 12-team 9cat so he's an easy hold for me.

• Like 2

I got Bazley and Dort. Bazley is firmly on my untouchable list already for his upside. Dort is just a HOLD for now, mainly cuz this team is awful, so both players will get a TON of minutes all year long....

On 12/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, MWon said:

I really doubt he'll be that good fantasy-wise since he'll likely destroy your FG% if he shoots enough, and I could realistically see him losing minutes to Kendrich Williams and Diallo.  However, I don't think he'll be lacking for minutes completely either, since he's a great defender. Ideally, you'd have him for about 28-30 minutes, which is enough time for him to rack up some stocks and treys, and get out before hurting your FG% too much.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:06 PM, worldclass said:

I'm not a huge Dort guy but saying you think he loses minutes to Diallo & Kendrich Williams is just a terrible take. Diallo is just a bad bball player, and Kendrich is just a warm body off the bench.

You gonna recant that, or do you want me to pull up their minutes over the last two weeks?

Dort is still worth rostering, as I've said two weeks ago, but it's clear OKC needs more firepower, and Diallo is hot now.  Dort is more of the 3/D wing defender that OKC always seems to have (Thabo, Roberson, Ferguson, etc), and while he's been semi-productive on the stats sheet, I'm not sure his minutes are not only safe but also conducive to consistent production ROS.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:11 PM, MWon said:

You gonna recant that, or do you want me to pull up their minutes over the last two weeks?

Dort is still worth rostering, as I've said two weeks ago, but it's clear OKC needs more firepower, and Diallo is hot now.  Dort is more of the 3/D wing defender that OKC always seems to have (Thabo, Roberson, Ferguson, etc), and while he's been semi-productive on the stats sheet, I'm not sure his minutes are not only safe but also conducive to consistent production ROS.

Fair play, you’re right. He’s been getting more & more boards. Solid all around