Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Yordan Alvarez 2021 Outlook


Ecofolux
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, absknicks said:

Average plummeting as expected from a guy with such bad peripherals. Still with a .385 BABIP that's keeping him afloat but with a lot more correction in store I have a feeling he's going to end up hitting in the .240-.250 range. His plate discipline seems to be completely gone and then you factor in the injuries and that his quality of contact is way down from a couple of years ago I'm expecting a pretty ugly ROS out of him.

This aged well. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Was there any doubt? Lol

No. I really wonder if this hot streak is a direct response on Alvarez's part to the loss of Alex Bregman. He knows in order for them to keep rolling, he needs to step up a bit more, and like immediately starts to take off in the aftermath. This guy is a force of nature, and I think he's fully confident in his own health and ability at the moment. Watch out. Off the top of my head he might be the favorite for AL Player of the Month heading into the last week, no? Maybe he's 2nd to Ohtani, he's been insane this month too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

No. I really wonder if this hot streak is a direct response on Alvarez's part to the loss of Alex Bregman. He knows in order for them to keep rolling, he needs to step up a bit more, and like immediately starts to take off in the aftermath. This guy is a force of nature, and I think he's fully confident in his own health and ability at the moment. Watch out. Off the top of my head he might be the favorite for AL Player of the Month heading into the last week, no? Maybe he's 2nd to Ohtani, he's been insane this month too. 

Ohtani and Mullins have both been ballin. All make a great case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

he might be the favorite for AL Player of the Month

Olson, Schoop, and Vlad Jr would all like a word. Alvarez has been really good, but not even top 5 in the AL this month

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cs3 said:

Olson, Schoop, and Vlad Jr would all like a word. Alvarez has been really good, but not even top 5 in the AL this month

I checked it out and immediately propped up Schoop's thread. He flies under the radar in Detroit. This could make for a good separate thread. Last month was a good debate too between Vlad, Adolis and Semien (winner), who I was championing for the whole time, so I could see Schoop getting the same love. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I'll take my L. He's been really good these last couple of weeks. Playing in Baltimore is always helpful for a nice boost as well. Nice to see him walking a little more as well. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BABIP is useful in general but power or speed guys often can outperform the league average BABIP because the former hit the ball so hard and the latter can get on base with their speed unlike the league average player. Yordan has a career BABIP of .368 and is it .379 now this year so nothing out of the extraordinary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

Yeah I'll take my L. He's been really good these last couple of weeks. Playing in Baltimore is always helpful for a nice boost as well. Nice to see him walking a little more as well. 

Was waiting patiently for a 3 hit game to quote you, at least you took it. Yordan is an elite hitter. Always has been. Gets hurt sometimes though.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

In Left Field again tonight! That's 9 total on the year. One more to get OF eligibility on ESPN!

He seems to be out there every second or third day. He should be eligible in the outfield in the overwhelming majority of formats soon and he could be eligible in most formats next season if he stays healthy, but that isn't even the entire benefit. I think he is better offensively when he gets to play in the field. Then again, maybe it is correlation without causation. Maybe he just feels good physically, which allows him both to play more in the field and hit better at the plate. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tucker26 said:

Speaking of aging Yordan turns 24 on Sunday.

CSB: The party started last night and we will be celebrating all weekend

Wait, were you at the party? 

Wait, is tucker26 for Kyle Tucker???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...