Giancarlo just waved to you and sprained an oblique 

• Haha 8
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ill take a stab: Arizona Diamondbacks - Unclear.  Crichton/Soria/Devinski/Ginkel.  Total guess. I lean Crichton for first shot.  Bukaskas wild card.  May be the smart play Atlanta Braves -

Last stab.  These are just my opinions based on months of research and reading the tea leaves.  I've filtered ADP to only include March drafts.  My spelling will also be atrocious.  Guys can get trade

Ranking closers has been especially difficult this year with so many jobs still up for grabs this late in the game. Here's my attempt to rank them for traditional saves only roto leagues: 1. Liam

Posted Images

I figure Greg Holland will get traded by the AS break, but he may be an undervalued closer, despite his performance last year. He struggled in 2018 and 2019, but bounced back strong last season. So far, he's off to a good start in ST. I don't usually put much value in ST, but it's encouraging to see nonetheless. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JBoss said:

Relief Pitching Preview Pod

Love Anthony Bass. I think there's a lot of value for his 355 ADP. Does anyone else have any late -round closer options? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egp9_S9XCa0&t=13s

Bass is no longer going in the 300’s, but he’s still my favorite late round closer option. His NFBC adp over the last week is 243 so if you want him, you gotta jump sooner unless your leaguemates are sleeping. My 3 favorite late round closers are Bass, Bard, and LeClerc. All are going in the 240-255 range. Drafting LeClerc gives me heartburn though.

• Like 1
Just now, meh2 said:

Bass is no longer going in the 300’s, but he’s still my favorite late round closer option. His NFBC adp over the last week is 243 so if you want him, you gotta jump sooner unless your leaguemates are sleeping. My 3 favorite late round closers are Bass, Bard, and LeClerc. All are going in the 240-255 range. Drafting LeClerc gives me heartburn though.

Yes very true on LeClerc. A lot of people have been big on Bard as a late-round option. I definitely lean towards Bass with the Marlins being a better squad. Rockies have those question marks with Arenado getting traded. I like Bard from the standpoint of comfort with knowing he's the closer. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, JBoss said:

Yes very true on LeClerc. A lot of people have been big on Bard as a late-round option. I definitely lean towards Bass with the Marlins being a better squad. Rockies have those question marks with Arenado getting traded. I like Bard from the standpoint of comfort with knowing he's the closer. 

bard's leash can't be that long, oberg's probably the better pitcher. not that always matters with the way managers chose closers.

I'm a fan of LeClerc this year. Should have one of the best K rates of relievers in the MLB. Has a pretty locked in role at closer. There is also a clear handcuff (Joely Rodriguez) with stand alone value that is going cheap if you like to handcuff your closers. His price is very low. If he has just below average control, instead of horrendous control, he will finish as a top 15 closer.

50 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

I'm a fan of LeClerc this year. Should have one of the best K rates of relievers in the MLB. Has a pretty locked in role at closer. There is also a clear handcuff (Joely Rodriguez) with stand alone value that is going cheap if you like to handcuff your closers. His price is very low. If he has just below average control, instead of horrendous control, he will finish as a top 15 closer.

It’s funny how people look at players differently, lol. I look at Leclerq, and I want nothing to do with him. I don’t trust his control, and I don’t trust that he’ll keep the job all season. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1

If Leclerc were to falter and based on Texas' current roster I think they could go to Ian Kennedy to try to turn the non roster invitee into absolutely anything in a trade.

23 minutes ago, turner46 said:

If Leclerc were to falter and based on Texas' current roster I think they could go to Ian Kennedy to try to turn the non roster invitee into absolutely anything in a trade.

Lol Kennedy has no trade value regardless. Buy Hunter Wood.

2 hours ago, Magoo said:

What are you reading suggesting hunter wood is next in line? Sources please!

14 hours ago, Magoo said:

Miguel Castro, David Phelps and Archie Bradley were dealt at the deadline in a crazy covid year last year.

Shane Greene, Melancon, Sam Dyson, Hunter Strickland, Carl Edwards Jr, Daniel Hudson were the relievers JUST on the trade deadline day in 2019 and I'm sure there were many more before the deadline. The business side on baseball would make me believe a team that is clearly not gonna be contending if possible would try to do anything to flip a non roster invitee. He may not even make the team and I'm not saying stash him all I'm saying is don't be certain is Joely Rodriguez is next in line or Hunter Wood.

Edited by turner46
adding me
18 hours ago, turner46 said:

I think GMs are mostly passed saves being the key metric for reliever trades. I'd be shocked if Kennedy got the first chance. It would take Joely also performing badly for that to even be considered.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

What are you reading suggesting hunter wood is next in line? Sources please!

1.)People reading into his ST. 12Ks in 6IP and being used in 3 Save Opps on a team with a lot of un-defined bullpen roles. Usage wise I'd just think they are challenging him to see if he is worth earning a roster spot is all.  After that it's pure speculation, unless someone has a breakdown about some sort of talent change about him?

Unless I'm missing something and Woodward has mentioned being part of the backend of the bullpen?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

I think GMs are mostly passed saves being the key metric for reliever trades. I'd be shocked if Kennedy got the first chance. It would take Joely also performing badly for that to even be considered.

Key word mostly. The smart franchises and the smart managers definitely are but the not so smart ones aren't 100% there yet and the cheap teams want to suppress young pitchers saves due to arbitration like when the Yankees made Betances look mediocre due to him getting no saves.

That said, Joely is 29 years old and has no options and is a free agent after this year so upon finding this out I'm gonna dig in more and possibly get on board as for the reasons mentioned above with flipping Kennedy the same apply with Joely.

3 pitches, throws left handed, avg fast ball velocity 95.1, this man barring injury or disaster will be getting flipped this year.

5 hours ago, turner46 said:

Miguel Castro, David Phelps and Archie Bradley were dealt at the deadline in a crazy covid year last year.

Shane Greene, Melancon, Sam Dyson, Hunter Strickland, Carl Edwards Jr, Daniel Hudson were the relievers JUST on the trade deadline day in 2019 and I'm sure there were many more before the deadline. The business side on baseball would make me believe a team that is clearly not gonna be contending if possible would try to do anything to flip a non roster invitee. He may not even make the team and I'm not saying stash him all I'm saying is don't be certain is Joely Rodriguez is next in line or Hunter Wood.

Oh totally agree about up in the air and the always-plausible closer parlayed to reliever.  Personally I think LeClerc is most likely to get traded with that good contract.

The problem with Kennedy is his closer profile requires a 95 mph fastball and above.  Avg swk especially for a closer.  I personally think he's more insurance

People have speculated all season about different guys:  Evans, Hernandez, Rodriguez, kennedy etc.

As to why Hunter Wood and to answer @fawkes_mulder's question:

1) He's looked very good 

2) Pitched the 9th last game

3) Has two saves + holds this preseason

4) Read a blog predicting it lol

5) LeClerc wasn't even named

Edited by Magoo
  • Like 1

All closers with the “job” will probably be gone by pick 250.  This may be different in your redraft home league, but if you want a bass or leclerc you should plan on taking them before 250

Edited by kidtwentytwo
  • Like 2

Soto in Detroit bc 4 lefties and 4 rhp and he’s nastiest guy.

Valdez in Baltimore. think Scott is the better pitcher but think they go with valdez because he ended 2020 as closer and was good + arb price manipulation of Scott.

Castillo and Fairbanks and Anderson are a quarter each with the remaining quarter up to the rest of the pen.

I actually think that ottavino might get the gig in Boston based off the gushing from Cora all spring training.

• Like 1