Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Shake Milton 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope there's a team out there with Shake Milton, Christian Wood, and James Harden so they form the ultimate team name "Shake my Harden Wood" it's like having Exodia, the dragon balls, and the nine t

I don’t see why not. Besides the backup PG role he can also play next to Simmons taking minutes from Curry/Green. Expect similar usage/minutes with Lou Williams

Does Doc have another daughter Shake can marry?

31 minutes ago, Racepower said:

Drop bazley for shake?

Tried offering Shake and Cousins for Bazley over a week ago and the owner called me an idiot. So glad I didn't make that mistake haha. Don't walk but Shake 

Edited by Austin_Rivers
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sld12 said:

I love the production tonight, but I can't help but feel like once Seth comes back he's going to be back to just average/streamer production again

His value doesn't solely rely on Seth being out. Of course he gets a boost but he was starting to figure out the 6th man role aka the Crawford/ Lou Williams role for Doc Rivers. He's a nice source of points, assists, steals, 3s, and FT%  for cheap. You can also consider him as a premium handcuff to injury prone Simmons and Seth too. 

Edited by Austin_Rivers
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sld12 said:

I love the production tonight, but I can't help but feel like once Seth comes back he's going to be back to just average/streamer production again

 

lol no one was expecting him to do this type of **** every night man. he'd be devin booker if he did

Link to post
Share on other sites

my best mate streamed him today but dropped him as soon as games had started to add someone for tomorrow - i swooped and nothinggg will please me more then if he goes on a tear so i can rub it in his face 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He is locked on a +20 minute role and easy 25 minutes if his shot is falling. He is priority option to finish the game for 76ers. Mostly scoring though, not a stat cumulator by any means. Light on the assists compared to Prime Lou too. But he can be useful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maxey has to do a lot to get higher on the pecking order. He has had huge opportunity to showcase himself, but in the end does Doc want to give large role to rookie when they are trying to build championship level rotation?

As long as Curry is hitting his shots, it seems like Milton is fighting Green for the crunch time minutes. Also Doc is big on nepotism so he should favor Curry over these two either way. It is about who is playing well and what do they need. Green hit his stride January 7th and then the corona outbreak gave him keys to the city for last few games. Its between him and Milton, who is playing better gets to finish the game.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Maxey has to do a lot to get higher on the pecking order. He has had huge opportunity to showcase himself, but in the end does Doc want to give large role to rookie when they are trying to build championship level rotation?

As long as Curry is hitting his shots, it seems like Milton is fighting Green for the crunch time minutes. Also Doc is big on nepotism so he should favor Curry over these two either way. It is about who is playing well and what do they need. Green hit his stride January 7th and then the corona outbreak gave him keys to the city for last few games. Its between him and Milton, who is playing better gets to finish the game.

Green is extremely inconsistent. If last year was any kind of example of what Milton can do, I rather bet on him to be the better player over Green. Also Curry has been playing really well this season but he has had opportunities in the past and has never cashed in.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Green is extremely inconsistent. If last year was any kind of example of what Milton can do, I rather bet on him to be the better player over Green. Also Curry has been playing really well this season but he has had opportunities in the past and has never cashed in.

Curry is probably the most important part of this offense not named Embiid or Simmons. With Curry this team can Contend for a Title, without its the same old Sixers. I think Curry's value for winning will become increasingly apparent as the season progresses.

Edited by indigorivers
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really understand why his ownership fell from 30+% to 20% during the covid struggles of Phi, and now it's back up to 40%'s. Milton clearly had a defined role and was balling before things went awry. Just because Maxey had a 39-point game doesn't mean Doc will be giving him all the opportunity (and cut Milton), considering this is a championship contender, not a lottery team.

Edited by rush007
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 80 floor ROS, with room to grow into a Top 65 player as this season’s ceiling depending on opportunity. 

If the 6MOY chants get louder, he could also yield good market return in your league just from hype and name value alone IMHO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

76ers need to trade Simmons and free Shake,Simmons does not improve his offense game and can't lead 76ers to win(we see that he is useless in playoff)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Curry's absence really opened the door for Shake. He was on fire most of the game and Memphis had to double him and left Simmons wide-open for an airball 3's. He won't be this good forever, especially when Curry back into action but he's here on my roster to stay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kane said:

76ers need to trade Simmons and free Shake,Simmons does not improve his offense game and can't lead 76ers to win(we see that he is useless in playoff)

If they didn't trade Simmons for Harden then he's not getting traded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pyrlose said:

What will Shake's production be like once Sixers are back to full strength? Will he be able to win a starting spot and if not, how many mins per game?

 

full strength is literally + curry. embiid and simmons both played the prior game when he went off.

 

he's earned himself about 26 minutes a night and a sizeable role i'd think

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, pyrlose said:

What will Shake's production be like once Sixers are back to full strength? Will he be able to win a starting spot and if not, how many mins per game?

Probably back to his usual 22-25 minutes. Maybe they try a lineup with Shake in the starting lineup for stretches like they did last season. 

 

3 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

 

full strength is literally + curry. embiid and simmons both played the prior game when he went off.

 

he's earned himself about 26 minutes a night and a sizeable role i'd think

Last game was kind of an outlier, it was a blowout and the game was pretty much over at the half/3rd and Embiid only attempted 8 shots.

Edited by DezedandConfused
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Probably back to his usual 22-25 minutes. Maybe they try a lineup with Shake in the starting lineup for stretches like they did last season. 

 

Last game was kind of an outlier, it was a blowout and the game was pretty much over at the half/3rd and Embiid only attempted 8 shots.

 

i mean he absolutely won't be scoring 30 a game, if thats what you thought i was implying lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...