NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deni Avdija 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally hate saving waivers, especially in basketball. But, if it's a deep league (14+) I think he's worth it. 12 is a coin flip, 10 I would probably save it for an impatient owner.  In gene

I wouldnt say a big list. About 50 over a span of ten years. I wrote about it a few seasons ago: https://perkinsfor3.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/rookies-fantasy/   "I often see questions a

Doesn't seem like he will get much usage with Westie and Beal chucking at will. This is without Rui in the game. Dropcity.

10 minutes ago, hoopking said:

dropping george hill for him. Though a bit hesitant he comes back to low usage with russ beal back. There is no bryant though. minutes in forward positions will open up. 

Beal then senpai then Bertans then him. Let’s see how he performs 

I'd like to think he'll get more touches and more looks, but its scott brooks and russell westbrook we are talking about here. He could be a great streamer tmr, and a good longer term guy, but I think over the next two months theres a good chance he has large chunks of unusable games. Hope I'm wrong though!

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Damn another team snagged Wagner just as the clocked hit the reset. Dropped Josh jackson and streaming this rook. 4th option with bryant done?

More like 5th or 6th... Beal/Westy/Rui & Bertans pecking order

13 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Westy out for a week. I guess he'll be a short streamer for this upcoming week!

Yeah I just picked him up to stream for the week with Westbrook gone 

3 hours ago, dfstout said:

In this time, Deni gains the confidence he needs in himself and the trust from his coach and sticks the rest of the season through... cant wait to see this kid rock...

Drafted and dropped ... only because it was an emergency. 

I feel really bad about it. Hoping he had a clunker or 2 coming up - love to be able to add him again. 

• 3 weeks later...

I this guy worth holding on to in a deep league? Im mainly talking about late season/ playoff potential.  He seems like he could be good. Rookie on a bad team

For context of what i mean by "deep." My league rosters almost 200 players and guys on my waiver are cody zeller, danny green, thad young, house

5 minutes ago, Jimmy21 said:

I this guy worth holding on to in a deep league? Im mainly talking about late season/ playoff potential.  He seems like he could be good. Rookie on a bad team

For context of what i mean by "deep." My league rosters almost 200 players and guys on my waiver are cody zeller, danny green, thad young, house

In an IL spot, sure... otherwise not atm...

• 2 months later...

Is it time to start considering picking him up as a end of bench contributor?? His minutes are pretty consistent now and Russ / Beal can be shut down at any moment. He's not being asked to do to much which allows him to get okay numbers without killing you in %s or TOs. He seems to be a good replacement for Jason Richardson sooner or later.

2 minutes ago, mtx said:

Is it time to start considering picking him up as a end of bench contributor?? His minutes are pretty consistent now and Russ / Beal can be shut down at any moment. He's not being asked to do to much which allows him to get okay numbers without killing you in %s or TOs. He seems to be a good replacement for Jason Richardson sooner or later.

Mins are definitely there - seems to be 30+ most nights. Russ is taking everything lately, so he can maybe get a few scraps

12 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Mins are definitely there - seems to be 30+ most nights. Russ is taking everything lately, so he can maybe get a few scraps

Agree on Avdija getting scraps. I originally thought Westbrook may rest or sit some games with triple double avg locked for the season but he is not the type as evidenced by prior season's # of games played. Beal has played 42 games and needs 50 to qualify for his first scoring title so barring significant injury, Beal will be out on the court.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Agree on Avdija getting scraps. I originally thought Westbrook may rest or sit some games with triple double avg locked for the season but he is not the type as evidenced by prior season's # of games played. Beal has played 42 games and needs 50 to qualify for his first scoring title so barring significant injury, Beal will be out on the court.

Love the insight. Maybe in 2-3 more weeks we can add him then...

6 hours ago, mtx said:

Love the insight. Maybe in 2-3 more weeks we can add him then...

monitor Beal's updates, he mentioned tweaking his hip or knee or earlobe after a dunk in last night's game. he said it wasn't much but there's always the possibility of his earlobe flaring up