NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two scrubs centers for an all star and you didn't smash accept immediately??? Jesus man these Whiteside fangirls are nuts

He has 10 years worth of minutes. Who exactly are they showcasing him to? Aliens that just arrived on earth? Walton is desperate and Hassan is a break-in-case-of-emergency kind of guy on their roster.

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literall

Posted Images

A total DND for me. Will likely go way higher than he should based on last season. I think Holmes is a better real life player and will give the King's their best chance to win. And then he still has to compete with Bagley who has not shown he has the deep game to play well with another center. I had Bagley and Holmes last season and this is a situation I'm avoiding entirely, I'd probably pick Holmes near the last round but have no interest in the other 2.

Edited by stay_woke
  • Like 1

I got this guy for 8 bucks late in our 14 team auction with a lot of sharps.  I either played them all or got played.  Do what I did tho if in an auction you have a pure spot to draft value for him just do it.  My bigs in from of him are AD, Sabonis, Turner.  If he comes through holy ****, if not, for the price, he's gone.

• Like 1

It really helps that Bagley seems to be playing PF right now, ... and that Bagley in general sucks. I am starting to believe that Hassan can win minutes over this loser they picked over Luka Doncic and Trae Young (Even though they had Fox already).

13 minutes ago, edbuzz said:

If Luke Walton wants to remain an NBA head coach, he'll play Whiteside Starters minutes

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literally never watched him play. Once again - all this guy does is chase blocks and rebounds. He plays no defense, has no BBIQ and no effort/hustle.

There's zero reason to play him big minutes. You're seeing him for who he really is now. 

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literally never watched him play. Once again - all this guy does is chase blocks and rebounds. He plays no defense, has no BBIQ and no effort/hustle.

There's zero reason to play him big minutes. You're seeing him for who he really is now. 

Yep. That poster told me "i was trippin" but i see right through counting stats. He got his little $2M vet min contract for a reason. Now hopefully Walton keeps giving Bagley those smallball 5 development minutes so I can drink some more Whiteside tears.

3 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

uhmmmm....

<nervous laughter>

Yeahhhh, my feelings right now too.  I'm glad I drafted him only in one league ... Then again, I used a R5 pick on him.  :/

Still think he could be okay, but I just didn't expect him to get minutes this low given he signed with a team for cheap hoping to start (and he basically only played because the other bigs were in foul trouble AND due to OT).  I know he's not as good a defender as his stats often say he is, but I'm surprised even the Kings don't want to play him.  

Sorta just hoping the Kings eventually let him go and he gets picked up by the Hornets or something, since they're without Zeller again.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook