NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook

Anyone still holding in the hope he somehow gets bought out or gets traded? I know it’s unlikely but this is a potential top 20-30 guy if he gets the minutes and I don’t see any reason for SAC to keep him

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two scrubs centers for an all star and you didn't smash accept immediately??? Jesus man these Whiteside fangirls are nuts

He has 10 years worth of minutes. Who exactly are they showcasing him to? Aliens that just arrived on earth? Walton is desperate and Hassan is a break-in-case-of-emergency kind of guy on their roster.

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literall

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Anyone still holding in the hope he somehow gets bought out or gets traded? I know it’s unlikely but this is a potential top 20-30 guy if he gets the minutes and I don’t see any reason for SAC to keep him

I held out for hope until .... a month ago. Should anything change in terms of Whitesand's play time or potential trade, I will have my fingers cross that he is available to ad. Otherwise, he is wasting a streaming spot or chance to add a player getting hot with good upside.

19 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Drummond will fill whatever team needs a C before any teams consider Whiteside.

1 hour ago, thornton1986 said:

He is fantasy irrelevant this season. Dump this guy already. Fools gold.

1 hour ago, thornton1986 said:

McGee

Love

Maker

Drummomd

All might be available or are available. Whiteside has no chance. 

I think it depends on your current league standings when debating to hold/pick him up. I'm sitting 5-0 and he was just dropped in my points league. This was a no brainer pick up situation just to see how everything pans out. As previously mentioned, this guy dominates on a per minute basis and has top 25 potential (in my points league anyway) when given run. You're not going to find a better handcuff/stash than Whiteside at the moment. 

I play in many leagues and I always make sure that I am utilizing my IL spots.  I have him stashed in the IL spot in a quarter of my leagues just because I had the spot open.  Hopefully he gets traded.  Chances are some one on my team will get hurt/Covid and I will have to drop him.  

On 1/26/2021 at 7:37 PM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

McGee

Love

Maker

Drummomd

All might be available or are available. Whiteside has no chance. 

Theres a key factor you are not accounting for, the cca. 27 mio. salary difference between Whiteside and Drummond/Love. Most teams would also still rather have Whiteside over Mcgee who cant play more than 15-20 mins.

Maker... just no.

1 hour ago, Fantasiser said:

Theres a key factor you are not accounting for, the cca. 27 mio. salary difference between Whiteside and Drummond/Love. Most teams would also still rather have Whiteside over Mcgee who cant play more than 15-20 mins.

Maker... just no.

Ahem, I guess teams would prefer to play McGee about 20 Minutes than play Whiteside for 30 minutes. JaVale is by no means an elite defender, but way better than Whiteside. Plus he got that championship experience.

1 hour ago, Fantasiser said:

Maker... just no.

Sure I guess that makes sense when you factor in most teams signed their centers before Whiteside got an offer with the Kings and before recently, Whiteside was DNP’s and only getting like 10 minutes a game. While McGee (before the Allen trade) and Maker were getting (16mpg and 9mpg) respectively.

• Like 1

Holmes foul trouble ,the Raptors playing Aron Baines big minutes and the grotesque incompetence of cool-name-bad-player Marvin Bagley, gave Hassan a chance and he responded well.

I know, he's a stat chaser, wihch is something that coaches and teammates hate, but we fantasy owners love, so I grabbed him,

Let's see if he can keep this up, because the potencial is there, and we never know...

I could be biased here as i drafted him and was devastated after what panned out and being forced to drop him. But being a Bagley & holmes owner ive just readded him as a bit of a handcuff for now to see how the situation continues to shake out. It seems either Bags or Holmes can be quite prone to foul trouble at times and whenever he can get 20 mins hes going to be useful (and lets see if the latest winning with him on court translates to much)

2 hours ago, falconish said:

F*** it I’m biting. They’re playing against MIA tomorrow and I’m in need of games for Saturday.

hope for revenge game,lol