NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two scrubs centers for an all star and you didn't smash accept immediately??? Jesus man these Whiteside fangirls are nuts

He has 10 years worth of minutes. Who exactly are they showcasing him to? Aliens that just arrived on earth? Walton is desperate and Hassan is a break-in-case-of-emergency kind of guy on their roster.

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literall

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Hopefully he gets extra run tonight vs his old team. If he does and winds up putting up a nice stat line there may be a small window to sell for those who held onto him. 

Sell high? Lol, this guy is FA almost everywhere except for bullish believers that amazingly can't find a better streaming option.......

Im looking for a reason to pick him up. Just one.

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

His minutes have been trending up and they have been winning with him playing. I am adding just in case lol.

Yea the issue is that he only gets minutes when Richaun Holmes is in foul trouble.  The only time he looked some what promising is when he was getting 20 ish minutes in the beginning of the season.

I drafted whiteside in the beginning of the season and end up dropping him and picked up Richaun Holmes from the wire.  So glad I made the decision the person who originally drafted Holmes must be kicking himself in the bum.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, NashNoTrash said:

Yea the issue is that he only gets minutes when Richaun Holmes is in foul trouble.  The only time he looked some what promising is when he was getting 20 ish minutes in the beginning of the season.

I drafted whiteside in the beginning of the season and end up dropping him and picked up Richaun Holmes from the wire.  So glad I made the decision the person who originally drafted Holmes must be kicking himself in the bum.

Haha I did the same, drafted whiteside and I think it was about one game in I got a bit nervous about who was actually gonna be the main center so I added holmes as a handcuff. Then played them off each other for a week before dropping whiteside. So as brutal as it was to have to drop a pick 54 I don’t feel I lost that much as holmes has pretty much been a top 50/75 guy anyway

2 hours ago, mtx said:

Sell high? Lol, this guy is FA almost everywhere except for bullish believers that amazingly can't find a better streaming option.......

This guy has the potential to be a league winner in my points league. I refuse to let someone else capitalize if/when he finds minutes (even if it means holding him until the deadline next month). 

1 hour ago, beejay6020 said:

Haha I did the same, drafted whiteside and I think it was about one game in I got a bit nervous about who was actually gonna be the main center so I added holmes as a handcuff. Then played them off each other for a week before dropping whiteside. So as brutal as it was to have to drop a pick 54 I don’t feel I lost that much as holmes has pretty much been a top 50/75 guy anyway

Damn someone drafted Holmes in my league. Lucky you!

4 hours ago, mtx said:

I guess I’m a bullish believer and so was many others because he wasn’t on any FA in any of my 8 leagues. And the 1 league I had him in, I didn’t drop him.

If he can sustain 15-20 mins per game he'll actually have a shot for top 75-100 value. Hes gotten those mins in the last 3 games. It can't be worse than Covington whom people are praising for about his one game of 4 steals and still only 3 shot attempts 😂

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Is he even a pickup in standard leagues?

He's still the same a** player, he's only getting minutes because of foul trouble - what has changed?

No, not in standard leagues. He was taking Holmes minutes not Bagley. I'm actually not sure why he played so many minutes today.

1 minute ago, stevenzhang said:

No, not in standard leagues. He was taking Holmes minutes not Bagley. I'm actually not sure why he played so many minutes today.

against Heats(revenge game factor)

Still holding. Don't really see him as mid-round value as many still do, just a decent streamer at this point. SAC is going against the big rotation in BOS next week and Joker so I'm curious to see how he'll do.

2 hours ago, falconish said:

Still holding. Don't really see him as mid-round value as many still do, just a decent streamer at this point. SAC is going against the big rotation in BOS next week and Joker so I'm curious to see how he'll do.

I don't think anyone is delusional enough to think of him currently as a mid rounder given the uncertainty of his situation. But, I think there's still mid-to-early round upside. After all, Whiteside has 2 1st round finishes in the last 5 years, as well as 1 2round and 1 4th round. I'm curious about next week as well.

If my team was solid to weather playing one roster spot short, it would be worth the risk of stashing for his insane upside. Especially is upcoming H2H matchups are inferior opposing teams with many injured players or poorly drafted ..... something to consider ...