NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two scrubs centers for an all star and you didn't smash accept immediately??? Jesus man these Whiteside fangirls are nuts

He has 10 years worth of minutes. Who exactly are they showcasing him to? Aliens that just arrived on earth? Walton is desperate and Hassan is a break-in-case-of-emergency kind of guy on their roster.

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literall

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Savitto said:

worth dropping Kyle Anderson for a flyer on him? 

Lol is that a serious question?? 🤣

If Kyle is your worst player and you have no other question marks on your team then youre pretty much guaranteed to win your league!!

Edited by mtx
1 minute ago, mtx said:

Lol is that a serious question?? 🤣

If Kyle is your worst player and you have no other question marks on your team then youre pretty much guaranteed to win your league!!

hahaha I wish it were that easy..its an 8 man league so my team is semi stacked but it is still competitive

Kyle has taken over my stream spot, but if there's any chance Hassan can produce even remotely close to his past performance levels, could be a game changer 

7 minutes ago, Savitto said:

hahaha I wish it were that easy..its an 8 man league so my team is semi stacked but it is still competitive

Kyle has taken over my stream spot, but if there's any chance Hassan can produce even remotely close to his past performance levels, could be a game changer 

Holmes will be back in a few games, is a few games of Whiteside worth it?

Should be an interesting stretch coming up. Both Barnes and Holmes are banged up, and the Kings have said they're also looking to move Blejica. Both guys are UFA next season, so the Kings will be active sellers, and need to get their value up to get the best back.

For anyone streaming out there, Kings have 3 games in 4 days for the rest of the week, and could help. I grabbed Whiteside to see if I can secure blocks/boards/DD for the week. Holmes sounds like he's close to returning - but I'm unsure if they want to risk him on a B2B for Sat/Sun

16 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

Holmes will be back in a few games, is a few games of Whiteside worth it?

if its a few games then def not worth it, white side has been hot garbage this year

the real question is whether there is any scenario in which whiteside has a chance to produce the numbers we've seen him put up on even a semi-consistent basis 

my gut says that's not happening but curious to hear other's opinions 

36 minutes ago, Savitto said:

if its a few games then def not worth it, white side has been hot garbage this year

the real question is whether there is any scenario in which whiteside has a chance to produce the numbers we've seen him put up on even a semi-consistent basis 

my gut says that's not happening but curious to hear other's opinions 

Have you watched him play in real life? He looks half a sleep out there. 💤 😴 🛏 

3 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

So...grabbed him for this 3 game stretch. I'm hoping for the following totals after this stretch.

35 points, 25 boards and 12 blocks

It depends whether Holmes is back for the weekend. If he plays on 1 day instead of 2, those numbers should be achievable (maybe not the blocks).

1 minute ago, rush007 said:

It depends whether Holmes is back for the weekend. If he plays on 1 day instead of 2, those numbers should be achievable (maybe not the blocks).

I'm guessing (hoping) they won't push him to play in a B2B. But you never know

7 hours ago, squidthunder said:

So...grabbed him for this 3 game stretch. I'm hoping for the following totals after this stretch.

35 points, 25 boards and 12 blocks

Only 30 points, 19 boards and 10 blocks to go! 😄

But srsly this guy is no use this season. I guess Holmes plays at least 1 game of the B2B. 

2 hours ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Only 30 points, 19 boards and 10 blocks to go! 😄

But srsly this guy is no use this season. I guess Holmes plays at least 1 game of the B2B. 

ugh - terrible

Bjelica was the play i guesss

Was hoping to wake up this morning and see a solid stat line - not to be. I think I may just pivot and add Willy for his Fri/Sun game (my league counts DD and Willy should be strong for that)

It's highly unrealistic to think Whiteside was gonna be playing heavy minutes against the Heat when they're notoriously thin at C (as shown in last year's POs).  Bam's essentially their only C, and even if they didn't use micro-lineups, their backups at C would be shooters like Olynyk or uber-quick and ultra-aggressive small types like Precious (who barely played tonight). 

So yeah, their starters played heavy minutes and again, to nobody's surprise, their lineups were just a cadre of shooters next to Bam and Jimmy.  Whiteside would naturally suck against them (and he did, with a team worst -18 +/-), and he lost minutes to Bjelica even without Harry B and Holmes.

With that being said, honestly, I'm not terribly upset. Whiteside was worth a gamble, and tho his efficiency sucked (%s and TOs), he had a 5/6/2 line, so it could've been worse.  He gets the weekend B2B so if you wanna drop, I'd probably let him play until Sunday and let him go then (unless you're one of those guys holding long-term ... then good luck); I'd also figure, considering his health history, Holmes misses one of those games even if he plays the other, although Harry B playing might continue to push Whiteside down by default.