NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two scrubs centers for an all star and you didn't smash accept immediately??? Jesus man these Whiteside fangirls are nuts

Well I have good news and bad news for you guys regarding a Whiteside trade. The good news is there is one team dumb enough to trade for a horrible real life player with an attitude problem. The bad n

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literall

Posted Images

What do we think his trade prospects are? Does the Cousins news limit his options and make it less likely he gets moved? I'm wondering if he's worth trading a player that's actually producing for the upside of him getting into a position where he's back to producing elite big men stats.

1 hour ago, BossRoss said:

What do we think his trade prospects are? Does the Cousins news limit his options and make it less likely he gets moved? I'm wondering if he's worth trading a player that's actually producing for the upside of him getting into a position where he's back to producing elite big men stats.

He has no prospects. No one wants him right now. His options were 0 before even the Cousins news.

• Like 1

Hassan Whiteside will never play meaningful minutes on an NBA team again, guys. I think we need to stop waiting for something that's never going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Lakers are interested in obtaining Whiteside if has bought out. 

Yeah, I was about to mention this. People are nay saying Whiteside here (with good reason), but at this point the lakers desperately need bodies down low and with Gasol being a shell of his former self. Use all the analytics you want on Whiteside against him. The truth of the matter is that the Lakers could use him and his defense. Not sure why it's less likely Whiteside get's bought out than the other bigs being shopped around, his contract is only 2.3 million. The Kings are a hot mess and desperately need to make changes. If they can't swing a trade for him then buying him out and clearing way for players they're actually invested in makes a lot of sense.

If you are cool with risk and high upside plays Whiteside is an interesting name to look at.

• Like 1

Whiteside to be fantasy relevant again on the Lakers? Disengaged on the Kings with Fox and Haliburton, he going to be engaged with Lebron and Schroeder? 

Hopefully he don’t play selfish chasing blocks on the Lakers, Lebron will tell him to get benched.

On 2/22/2021 at 8:35 PM, mtx said:

So drop?? There's still Drummond, Love, Horford, Cousins that all have better chances at a new team than Whiteside does........

A majority of those guys will be difficult to move thanks to their lengthy big money contracts. They also won't accept a buy out as that would be foolish on their part. Whiteside was playing for the minimum so it should be an easy buy out or via waive. 

2 hours ago, BossRoss said:

Yeah, I was about to mention this. People are nay saying Whiteside here (with good reason), but at this point the lakers desperately need bodies down low and with Gasol being a shell of his former self. Use all the analytics you want on Whiteside against him. The truth of the matter is that the Lakers could use him and his defense. Not sure why it's less likely Whiteside get's bought out than the other bigs being shopped around, his contract is only 2.3 million. The Kings are a hot mess and desperately need to make changes. If they can't swing a trade for him then buying him out and clearing way for players they're actually invested in makes a lot of sense.

If you are cool with risk and high upside plays Whiteside is an interesting name to look at.

...have you ever actually watched Whiteside play? He plays zero defense, and has no BBIQ on that end. All he does is chase blocks and rebounds, which is why those stats were so high for him. Whiteside is the exact opposite of a winning player and the last person the Lakers would be looking at.

There's a reason Miami and Portland moved on him and he's barely playing on the minimum for a lottery-bound team. He is not a good real life player.

• Like 2

Gasol, even in the aged state is much better than Whiteside because he just uses his body and length to play high IQ positional defense. He is a "shell" of his fantasy self but Toronto won a title (contended last year) based on his real life contributions. 

Whiteside is just the fantasy stats and none of the real life. They could buy him as a body to play to rest Gasol, but put him in a meaningful game with all the 3 pt shooting today? God you are doomed. 

The Kings already cleared the way for their younger players. Bagley is playing a lot of will share those minutes with Holmes. They may elect to trade one of Bjelica and Whiteside and keep the other as backup. Depending on what they get for either player. Bjelica is a pretty skilled complimentary big. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, fabrar said:

...have you ever actually watched Whiteside play? He plays zero defense, and has no BBIQ on that end. All he does is chase blocks and rebounds, which is why those stats were so high for him. Whiteside is the exact opposite of a winning player and the last person the Lakers would be looking at.

There's a reason Miami and Portland moved on him and he's barely playing on the minimum for a lottery-bound team. He is not a good real life player.

We’ve said this over 3 pages. 

People still believe that Whiteside is a defensive stud. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

We’ve said this over 3 pages. 

People still believe that Whiteside is a defensive stud. 

I think most people do realise Whiteside is not a defensive stud. He's a stat chaser, we all know it. FWIW it appears there are teams interested in him, and he's still an NBA player.

Fantasy-wise, I don't have another guy on my waiver wire who *under the right conditions* could return 1st round value for a prolonged period of time. Neither 2nd, 3rd or even 4th round potential even with multiple injuries opening up opportunities on their respective teams. That is massive, massive fantasy upside, and even a fraction of that happening in a remote scenario is worth holding for if you can afford to do so.

19 minutes ago, rush007 said:

I think most people do realise Whiteside is not a defensive stud. He's a stat chaser, we all know it. FWIW it appears there are teams interested in him, and he's still an NBA player.

Fantasy-wise, I don't have another guy on my waiver wire who *under the right conditions* could return 1st round value for a prolonged period of time. Neither 2nd, 3rd or even 4th round potential even with multiple injuries opening up opportunities on their respective teams. That is massive, massive fantasy upside, and even a fraction of that happening in a remote scenario is worth holding for if you can afford to do so.

Fair. But how many minutes do you suppose he gets? 

Lakers: Gasol gets 22 and Harrell gets 24-28. So he is 3rd string there.

Nets: Jordan gets about 20 and Green/Durant get the rest, they just got Claxton back.

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Nets: Jordan gets about 20 and Green/Durant get the rest, they just got Claxton back.

There's also trade rumors Lakers would trade Gasol for Whiteside if buyout doesn't happen.

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I agree, it's not much. But he should be getting traded soon, so we'll find out. I think he can be somewhat useful on Lakers though. AD is out/won't be playing C till playoffs, Gasol is old and Harrell has 0 interior presence. 

30 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

There's also trade rumors Lakers would trade Gasol for Whiteside if buyout doesn't happen.

Lol... yeah if the Lakers do that. No repeat is happening. Gasol for Whiteside? Haha

Gasol is way better than Whiteside and Gasol is about as good as Jokic as far as passing C’s goes and can shoot 3’s. 

5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Lol... yeah if the Lakers do that. No repeat is happening. Gasol for Whiteside? Haha

Gasol is way better than Whiteside and Gasol is about as good as Jokic as far as passing C’s goes and can shoot 3’s. 

In the playoffs last season, Lakers used AD at the 5 mostly anyway (Javale was out of the rotation and Dwight played sparingly)  All Whiteside would need to do is play that Dwight role from time to time. Let's not get it twisted the Kings are bad because they are the Kings not because they have Whiteside. 

• Like 2