NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two scrubs centers for an all star and you didn't smash accept immediately??? Jesus man these Whiteside fangirls are nuts

He has 10 years worth of minutes. Who exactly are they showcasing him to? Aliens that just arrived on earth? Walton is desperate and Hassan is a break-in-case-of-emergency kind of guy on their roster.

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literall

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maleman said:

Anyone else stashing this guy with the hopes of a buyout? 

What would the reasoning be for a buyout? Especially as they’re planning on moving bjelica. Whiteside doesn’t cost anything and they can just sit him there as emergency depth if injuries happen to holmes or bagley. I think it’d only be for a trade potentially which, I’m not sure any teams would give up much 

On 3/6/2021 at 12:26 AM, beejay6020 said:
On 3/5/2021 at 11:18 PM, maleman said:

What would the reasoning be for a buyout? Especially as they’re planning on moving bjelica. Whiteside doesn’t cost anything and they can just sit him there as emergency depth if injuries h

Player being unhappy? Whiteside could be somewhat valuable for a contender, not for a rebuilding team. It's not like they play Whiteside when Bagley or Holmes sit anyway.

30 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Player being unhappy? Whiteside could be somewhat valuable for a contender, not for a rebuilding team. It's not like they play Whiteside when Bagley or Holmes sit anyway.

With whiteside you're not a contender anymore 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Maxemann said:

With whiteside you're not a contender anymore 

I guess Portland didn't get the memo last year? :) If you have no other options, you could do worse than Whiteside as an interior defender.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

if he does make it to lakers - probably wont be for another week or so, so at best hes going to have 1-3 weeks of relevance before AD is back (presumably) but i cant see them using him that much regardless with harrell etc. would be a deep league add i think would be back to 10-15mins tops imo

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

With Bagley out, Kings should give Whiteside some minutes to drum up stats and raise interest.

Yessir.  Questionable for tomorrow's game.  They can stop milking his covid protocols as an excuse now.  LFG!!!!

11 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

Can't play Holmes and Whiteside together. 

Yeh they’ll just play lineups with Halliburton/Barnes more and holmes more Mins as we’ve seen all year but if whiteside is back he’ll at least get back to his consistent 15 mins most likely as pure holmes backup

10 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

With Bagley out, Kings should give Whiteside some minutes to drum up stats and raise interest.

Last year Whiteside averaged 15, 13, and 3 blocks. The kings then signed him for a 1 year 2.3 m contract after no one else was interested. "Showcasing" him for a week isnt going to change anything - the rest of the league knows how bad he is. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

Yeh they’ll just play lineups with Halliburton/Barnes more and holmes more Mins as we’ve seen all year but if whiteside is back he’ll at least get back to his consistent 15 mins most likely as pure holmes backup

Won’t they give Bjelica Bagley’s minutes??

Also, I think the Kings want to give Jeffries a lit more playing time. 

7 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Won’t they give Bjelica Bagley’s minutes??

Also, I think the Kings want to give Jeffries a lit more playing time. 

yeh probably, i think bjelica is ahead of whiteside in terms of preference, whiteside will only have relevant games when/if holmes is in foul trouble. can see already their plan with their lineup today - haliburton starting at the 2 with barnes starting at the 4

• 3 weeks later...