NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook

rush007

and here we are again...as a holmes owner im considering handcuffing him (as i did with holmes when i drafted whiteside ironically) but am super nervous with the fact they started jones, play small ball & he seems to always be injured/on restrictions. hopefully doesnt get rested tomorrow and will take a flyer i think, all id really want is a 12/6 with 2 blocks on good fg

8 hours ago, Tomy said:

Bagley will be back in the week. So Whiteside is an add ?

i must drop okeke or dort for him ...

No concrete updates on Bagley's return but definitely a concern to Whiteside's relevance. Until then, Whiteside should be able to get some minutes. As for your question, I'd drop Okeke.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

No concrete updates on Bagley's return but definitely a concern to Whiteside's relevance. Until then, Whiteside should be able to get some minutes. As for your question, I'd drop Okeke.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kamura said:

I picked him up but does he serve any purpose beyond this week?

We assume Holmes will be good to go next week?

It’s kind of a wait and see what happens scenario. Hamstring injuries are notoriously fussy. Just be ready to drop if necessary I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

It’s kind of a wait and see what happens scenario. Hamstring injuries are notoriously fussy. Just be ready to drop if necessary I guess. 

True. Good example is Harden who returned a couple of days from hamstring issues only to aggravate it and now he’s out for 1+ week and counting. 

18 minutes ago, Kamura said:

I picked him up but does he serve any purpose beyond this week?

We assume Holmes will be good to go next week?

as the guys said and i def know from experience hammys are def not a simple one. if low grade strain min 1-2 weeks at best, and if they have nothing to play for no point in rushing him. as a holmes owner im lucky i can just handcuff whiteside until i can do the switch back 

5 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

as the guys said and i def know from experience hammys are def not a simple one. if low grade strain min 1-2 weeks at best, and if they have nothing to play for no point in rushing him. as a holmes owner im lucky i can just handcuff whiteside until i can do the switch back 

Same. Picked up Whiteside and hoping for the best. Just lost LaVine for what looks like 2 weeks. 

Holmes been one of my favorite players to own all year but this isn’t a 3 game injury. It’s looking more like a 6-8 gamer and thats me being really optimistic. Run and scoop white side everywhere. He’s top 20 value if he plays 30 minutes a night and Walton will soon do that cause Damian Jones sucks. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Holmes been one of my favorite players to own all year but this isn’t a 3 game injury. It’s looking more like a 6-8 gamer and thats me being really optimistic. Run and scoop white side everywhere. He’s top 20 value if he plays 30 minutes a night and Walton will soon do that cause Damian Jones sucks. 

I think so also.

Gonna burn my no1 waiver claim on him

I'm in the 2nd round of playoffs so he's a nice addition 4sure

Edit: don't know who to drop tho ? 🤔🤔🤔 Keldon, Dort or DeAndre Jordan hmmmm.... ? Fuuuuuuuuuck 

Edited by Stefan

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I think so also.

Gonna burn my no1 waiver claim on him

I'm in the 2nd round of playoffs so he's a nice addition 4sure

Edit: don't know who to drop tho ? 🤔🤔🤔 Keldon, Dort or DeAndre Jordan hmmmm.... ? Fuuuuuuuuuck 

I’d probably drop keldon

9 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Has this dude forgot how to block? 🥲

didnt see the game, seemed odd, started the game & came out strong 9/6 in the first, got to 12/10 then barely played for rest of game. saw he had 3 fouls so wasnt sure if that benched him early or they went small ball. at least jones DNPCD and walton couldnt give an update on holmes so even if not big mins should be v solid going forward 

Grabbed him to secure my lead in blocks for the last game of the week. Lost blocks by 1 as he never got any and my opponent got 3 from Luka (and nothing from my Porzingis lol)

But he should still stick with the starting lineup with Holmes still out for a few games

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 3:38 PM, EsTiLO said:

He only plays 23 minutes a game. It’s a shame what Walton is doing to him.

A shame what Walton is doing to him? Or to your fantasy team? Simply put, Whiteside is a really bad real-life player. Just be happy that he plays 20 to 25 minutes, thats more that you can hope for, and stop complaining

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Grabbed him to secure my lead in blocks for the last game of the week. Lost blocks by 1 as he never got any and my opponent got 3 from Luka (and nothing from my Porzingis lol)

But he should still stick with the starting lineup with Holmes still out for a few games

This is the worst feeling. Sometimes you make all the right moves and some random a** **** happens and you lose anyway.  

Hopefully Whiteside blocks a bunch more going forward.