NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook

Pretty concerning that even when Joker was lighting up Holmes and Bagley that Whiteside was MIA. Otto Porter was dropped in my league and I dropped Hassan for him.  Unless you're desperate for blocks I don't think Whiteside brings much unless of injury or trade and maybe not even then based on last night.  He looks pretty bad.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two scrubs centers for an all star and you didn't smash accept immediately??? Jesus man these Whiteside fangirls are nuts

He has 10 years worth of minutes. Who exactly are they showcasing him to? Aliens that just arrived on earth? Walton is desperate and Hassan is a break-in-case-of-emergency kind of guy on their roster.

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literall

Posted Images

17 hours ago, DrizzleOnTop said:

So many other options with more upside, including most recently Biyoumbo (follow the minutes). This guy is 3rd string. 

Whiteside, even when only banking on his chance of getting traded to a more favourable situation, has waaayyyyy higher upside than Biyombo. Whiteside was a beast for fantasy purposes last year. 

• Like 2

only reason Whiteside was good last year because he got starters minutes when Nurkic went down.

Now Biyombo is in that same position this year because Zeller went down. Meanwhile Whiteside looks 3rd string. 

we’re all speculating one game into the season but you can’t just point to “last season” context when it’s so dramatically different. 

we’ll know more soon enough

Haven't we seen already what Biyombo could do when he became a semi-stable starter for Orlando as Vooch was injured a few seasons ago? He didn't even average a DD. The dude has career averages of 5 pts and 6 rebs. Whiteside's career avgs: 13.7pts, 11.7rebs, 2.4 blocks. It's not just about last year. Lol

You’re not wrong about that. But I do think making bold waiver wire moves early in the season are always part of winning teams. So yeah, I’m (literally) betting Whiteside’s team has chosen to focus on developing young talent, relegating him to 3rd string. 

Biyombo’s sitch seemed analogous so I used it as a provocative example of minutes:upside. But in actuality, I dropped Whiteside for Larry Nance Jr. I might be craaaazy dumb wrong but, in true risk/reward fantasy fashion, I’ve placed my bet....one game in :) 

To note: nobody has picked up Whiteside off waivers in that league yet (10 team H2H)....

• tonycpsu changed the title to Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook
11 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

i dont see a lot of difference between him and Holmes. 

I do. Holmes, IMO, is just a better fundamental defender and is a garbage man on offense. Perfect for a defensive liability like Hield.

Plus, Holmes played damn well last year and walton bumped him into the starting lineup after a few weeks. I think Walton is fond of the change Holmes made to the team last year and thus is riding the horse he knows.

• Like 1

While I think Whiteside's fine as a garbage man as well, Holmes is an energy player who has a fine motor and a willingness to scrap on defense.  Whiteside on the other hand, can get really lethargic or lost on defense.  It's a tough situation since they really want to use Bagley at the 5 much more than I had anticipated (I expected mostly PF minutes from him since they had grabbed Whiteside).  However, it looks like they just gave a cheap contract to Whiteside as insurance for any injury, rather than because they actually wanted him to play meaningful minutes.

Of course, it's the Kings we're talking about, so anything they do is questionable logic really.

I took this guy in the 5th because I didn't have any blocks at that point but man.... this guy is shaping up to be one of the biggest draft mistakes of my fantasy career. Probably the worst since I took Andrew Luck in the first round in my first ever fantasy league. Feelsbad

• Like 1