NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2020-2021 Outlook

man this is brutal - had him 2 years ago when he fell apart, watched him absolutely dominate last year so drafted him this year totally fine with a timeshare cos all he needs is 20-25mins and what a mistake! i think the only hope/opportunity is that bagley has been injury prone and holmes had a few niggles before too, so injury might be the only thing that brings him back to relevance

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two scrubs centers for an all star and you didn't smash accept immediately??? Jesus man these Whiteside fangirls are nuts

He has 10 years worth of minutes. Who exactly are they showcasing him to? Aliens that just arrived on earth? Walton is desperate and Hassan is a break-in-case-of-emergency kind of guy on their roster.

This is a great way to NOT be a NBA head coach lol. There's a reason good orgs like Miami and Portland got rid of Whiteside. I'm convinced that everyone who thinks he's some elite big man has literall

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

I got offered Lowry for Whiteside and Baynes. Im hesitant because I believe he can bounce back and may only be playing limited mins due to missing training camp. Also Lowry is turning 35 which I tend to stray from away old players. Then again Luke Walton is a headache as well. 

Two scrubs centers for an all star and you didn't smash accept immediately??? Jesus man these Whiteside fangirls are nuts

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

Obviously in the short term i win this deal but it wouldnt surprise me in a month from now lose the trade. Whiteside getting 20 mins is already better than old Lowry who is injury prone. Plus I now have a shortage of centers in a deeper league. 

10 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Obviously in the short term i win this deal but it wouldnt surprise me in a month from now lose the trade. Whiteside getting 20 mins is already better than old Lowry who is injury prone. Plus I now have a shortage of centers in a deeper league. 

It's a valid concern, but in whiteside i see a player no team is eager to use unless they have to whereas Lowry carries his team and they need as much of him as possible. There's a lot of value to me in that difference, regardless of what a man can do in limited minutes

8 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

It's a valid concern, but in whiteside i see a player no team is eager to use unless they have to whereas Lowry carries his team and they need as much of him as possible. There's a lot of value to me in that difference, regardless of what a man can do in limited minutes

We all know Whiteside isn't going to stay quiet sitting on the bench the whole time. Some thing is going to eventually give at some point. Its also possible that Whiteside is slowly being thrown in due to missing training camp from his injury. If that's the case i lost this deal haha. I'm going to try to flip Lowry for a center. But i prefer not owning old players especially one as fragile as Lowry. 

9 hours ago, Austin_Rivers said:

We all know Whiteside isn't going to stay quiet sitting on the bench the whole time. Some thing is going to eventually give at some point. Its also possible that Whiteside is slowly being thrown in due to missing training camp from his injury. If that's the case i lost this deal haha. I'm going to try to flip Lowry for a center. But i prefer not owning old players especially one as fragile as Lowry. 

Whiteside doesn't have that leverage. He's not being paid the big bucks, he has no say. The Kings don't care about whether he stays quiet or not. If he becomes a headcase again, he's likely getting waived. You're lucky you got offered Lowry for Whiteside and Baynes.

2 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Whiteside doesn't have that leverage. He's not being paid the big bucks, he has no say. The Kings don't care about whether he stays quiet or not. If he becomes a headcase again, he's likely getting waived. You're lucky you got offered Lowry for Whiteside and Baynes.

I just don't believe he'll continue playing 10 mins a game. He's one to complain as well so theyre going to butt heads at some point soon. And maybe getting waived could be a good thing for his value. The Hornets could sure use someone better than Biyombo haha. Either way I'm still speculating a lack of training camp may be the reason here or his hamstring hasn't healed up 100%  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

I just don't believe he'll continue playing 10 mins a game. He's one to complain as well so theyre going to butt heads at some point soon. And maybe getting waived could be a good thing for his value. The Hornets could sure use someone better than Biyombo haha. Either way I'm still speculating a lack of training camp may be the reason here or his hamstring hasn't healed up 100%  

We're all in the same boat of wanting more minutes for him. But given that it took him the entire offseason to make a decision and this was the best he could do which is to play for the Kings for a vet's minimum as a 3rd stringer -- getting waived is the least he'd want.

Best case scenario as always, Holmes goes down. 

9 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

We're all in the same boat of wanting more minutes for him. But given that it took him the entire offseason to make a decision and this was the best he could do which is to play for the Kings for a vet's minimum as a 3rd stringer -- getting waived is the least he'd want.

Best case scenario as always, Holmes goes down. 

Honestly I saw the risks in drafting him this season just because he played for Luke Walton and the Kings. I thought Hassan at 76 was too good to pass up and i guess im lucky the team that traded for him has 5 startable PGs and 2 centers including Holmes haha. Unfortunately now i only have 1 center and other teams aren't willing to take Lowry for their top 75 centers even. I won in value but may have trapped myself in lack of C. I don't think he'll stay on the bench for long though. 20 mins is all he needs for top 50 value. 

Edited by Austin_Rivers
1 hour ago, MysticPeak said:

His salary just holds no leverage where a team plays him to up his trade value. Zero.

Yup I had him on my draft board but his signing that contract signaled disaster. It’s the kind of contract a team executes in order to hit minimum roster requirements once the season begins (note how late in the offseason it was signed) and little else. Kings were looking for a rock bottom vet with zero expectations of development or future obligations to sign a minimal guaranteed deal and Hassan was desperate to catch on with an NBA team rather than being exiled overseas. It was a match made in depressing heaven 

Edited by PUNTSQUAD
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I don’t get the Charlotte talk. Zeller will be back in a month, PJ Washington can play the 5 and Bismarck Biyombo is a serviceable backup.

You just answered your own question. I'm amazed that Zeller is still a starting NBA. At best he should be a backup big. Biyombo is basically an ultra poor man's version of Whiteside with a bad contract. Unless this team is still trying to tank they're probably thinking about winning some games this season. It makes a ton of sense. 

3 hours ago, Austin_Rivers said:

You just answered your own question. I'm amazed that Zeller is still a starting NBA. At best he should be a backup big. Biyombo is basically an ultra poor man's version of Whiteside with a bad contract. Unless this team is still trying to tank they're probably thinking about winning some games this season. It makes a ton of sense. 

The question isn't whether you think Whiteside is a better starting C than Zeller, it's whether Charlotte agrees. Given they passed on the chance to sign him for the minimum, I wonder what's changed in their assessment. Maybe seeing his inspired play this season?

4 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Well I have good news and bad news for you guys regarding a Whiteside trade. The good news is there is one team dumb enough to trade for a horrible real life player with an attitude problem. The bad news is he is already on that team.

You had us in the first half, not gonna lie. 

• Haha 3