NBC Sports EDGE Forums

trade help WHIR

Jonathanc5

Eh, not a fan of the Toby/Garland side. 

Nothing wrong with Toby (though he's a bit boring), but I'd pass on Garland as empty points.

Dunno really how Oubre will play with the Dubs, but with his play last year, I'd roll the dice on him, and while Bagley was a massive disappointment (to owners and the Kings), at least he looks a bit more healthy this year. Things probably won't be easier with Whiteside and Holmes likely eating up all the C minutes and Harry B/Bjelica likely to take some PF minutes, but I'd imagine the Kings at least try to forcefeed Bagley minutes in a rebuild ... if at least to save themselves further embarrassment of drafting him over Luka and Trae.

21 hours ago, MWon said:

Eh, not a fan of the Toby/Garland side. 

Nothing wrong with Toby (though he's a bit boring), but I'd pass on Garland as empty points.

Dunno really how Oubre will play with the Dubs, but with his play last year, I'd roll the dice on him, and while Bagley was a massive disappointment (to owners and the Kings), at least he looks a bit more healthy this year. Things probably won't be easier with Whiteside and Holmes likely eating up all the C minutes and Harry B/Bjelica likely to take some PF minutes, but I'd imagine the Kings at least try to forcefeed Bagley minutes in a rebuild ... if at least to save themselves further embarrassment of drafting him over Luka and Trae.

Thanks, I'm on the side getting Oubre and Bagley.  I was high on Bagley since he came in the league and his foot never held up.  Maybe 3rd time is the charm here!

If Oubre stays same as last year and Bagley takes small step, I think i win the trade... it's that step i'm worried about.

7 hours ago, Jonathanc5 said:

Thanks, I'm on the side getting Oubre and Bagley.  I was high on Bagley since he came in the league and his foot never held up.  Maybe 3rd time is the charm here!

If Oubre stays same as last year and Bagley takes small step, I think i win the trade... it's that step i'm worried about.

Oh yes, I understand that.  I guess I'm thinking Oubre will probably take a small step back with a slightly more fleshed out Dubs team (which might reach the POs), which isn't bad.  Haha, I think Bagley needs to take literal steps ... As in I don't care how well he plays as long as he proves himself to be healthy. I think there's a reason why the Kings have Holmes/Whiteside/Bjelica/Harry B all on the same team (well, one of those reasons is that the Kings are just an awful franchise).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MWon said:

Oh yes, I understand that.  I guess I'm thinking Oubre will probably take a small step back with a slightly more fleshed out Dubs team (which might reach the POs), which isn't bad.  Haha, I think Bagley needs to take literal steps ... As in I don't care how well he plays as long as he proves himself to be healthy. I think there's a reason why the Kings have Holmes/Whiteside/Bjelica/Harry B all on the same team (well, one of those reasons is that the Kings are just an awful franchise).

they can't make up their mind to rebuild or rekindle the past.  Worse combo imo.