NBC Sports Edge Forums

Up against the 4 time defending champion in the semis, QB question

Hi fellas,

This is the best fantasy season I've ever had, having never before reached the semifinal.  My opponent is the reigning champion over the last 4 seasons and if he gets past me, I think he'll win again.  So this is high stakes for the whole league.

My question is this:  If my opponent starts TY Hilton, should I start Philip Rivers over Kyler Murray just to cancel out Hilton?

My rationale:  He's weak at WR, and picked up Hilton off waivers. I would've gotten him myself but he had better priority.  Kyler has been in a slight slump since hurting his shoulder and Philly isn't the best matchup, although it is a home game.  Rivers on the other hand has a friendlier matchup also at home against the Texans, Indy is surging, and his general performance in the abstract hasn't been bad.  It would also cancel out Hilton if my opponents starts him.  The second he saw me acquire Rivers, he benched Hilton.  So this may be a mind game until kickoff.

Would appreciate any opinions.