NBC Sports Edge Forums

Steven Adams 2020-2021 Outlook

He was quite consistent producer in OKC where some stars dominated. He can have his normal stats at Pelicans also. It is like 12/9/1,5 and 1/1 stocks. He is more valuable in our deep league (20 teams, 11 cats) where OREB is also category.

Edited by apatas

If you own Adams, are you automatically punting FT%? Are his attempts low enough that they dont destroy you if he is the only bad FT% guy on your team and you are otherwise strong in that category? For instance, other than Adams, I have 1 player at .780 and everyone else is .810 or above. 

17 hours ago, aMediumPace said:

If you own Adams, are you automatically punting FT%? Are his attempts low enough that they dont destroy you if he is the only bad FT% guy on your team and you are otherwise strong in that category? For instance, other than Adams, I have 1 player at .780 and everyone else is .810 or above. 

Adams might miss 40% of his FTA but he doesn't get as many attempts as Gobert or Drummond, so you can wash it out to a degree with good volume.  However he will restrict you from taking more players that hurt your FT% if you're not going to punt (obviously). 

13 hours ago, sld12 said:

Anyone worried by his performances in their 2 pre season games, or do you think he'll start producing once the season begins?

You thought his performance was bad? 

He had 7 offensive boards in 22 minutes. That's 7 second chance opportunities the team wouldn't have had. 

Should we be worried?

I was encouraged. I assume minutes will be in the 30s to start the season so double double averages should be in play. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You thought his performance was bad? 

He had 7 offensive boards in 22 minutes. That's 7 second chance opportunities the team wouldn't have had. 

Should we be worried?

I was encouraged. I assume minutes will be in the 30s to start the season so double double averages should be in play. 

Sounds good!  I guess I was just a bit concerned by his offensive showing and lack of stocks, but you're right that the minutes should definitely increase once the regular season hits and those things should increase as well as a result.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Sounds good!  I guess I was just a bit concerned by his offensive showing and lack of stocks, but you're right that the minutes should definitely increase once the regular season hits and those things should increase as well as a result.

I hope I'm right.  This is a new team for him, so I'm not 100% what the coaches intentions are for him, but I do know Aquaman is still only 27 years old and Jaxson Hayes isn't very good RIGHT NOW.  I watched him play a handful of games last year and think he's too raw to even be touching minutes in the 20s if his game is the same this year as it was the end of last year.

This is assuming there are no injuries obviously.

I think Adams should see minutes in the 30s, I ASSUME.

But like I said, I'm not positive, so don't get too relieved, cause I have no idea what the plan is as of today.

But yeah, if his minutes hit the 30s, this dude will be a walking double double and he'll get his block and steal averages he's always had more than likely.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I hope I'm right.  This is a new team for him, so I'm not 100% what the coaches intentions are for him, but I do know Aquaman is still only 27 years old and Jaxson Hayes isn't very good RIGHT NOW.  I watched him play a handful of games last year and think he's too raw to even be touching minutes in the 20s if his game is the same this year as it was the end of last year.

This is assuming there are no injuries obviously.

I think Adams should see minutes in the 30s, I ASSUME.

But like I said, I'm not positive, so don't get too relieved, cause I have no idea what the plan is as of today.

But yeah, if his minutes hit the 30s, this dude will be a walking double double and he'll get his block and steal averages he's always had more than likely.

Makes sense.  I've loved Adams the last few seasons when he's received minutes, it's just a matter of whether or not he'll get the minutes at this point like you said.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Steven Adams 2020-2021 Outlook
  • 1 month later...

Single digits scoring last few games. Pels can't reward this hard working big man with some lobs or easy buckets for grabbing all those rebounds? His got a nice baby hook shot. Why don't they go to him more. Zion messed up my numbers.

44 minutes ago, eladamrine said:

Single digits scoring last few games. Pels can't reward this hard working big man with some lobs or easy buckets for grabbing all those rebounds? His got a nice baby hook shot. Why don't they go to him more. Zion messed up my numbers.

That's basically it, Zion can dunk every ball.

tumblr_me9z2xCeFM1qcqqpjo1_250.gif

If he wasn't such a nice guy I wouldve dropped him a long time ago. Ingram and zion stealing all the defensive rebounds, he only gets them on the offensive end.

The poor production doesn't outweighs the negatives he puts up in ft and to (surprisingly a high TO guy this year relative to his usage). 

Two more weeks before I send him to the wire and trade for a competent center

Eff this man....

%#^@!$+$&*#

13 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Not making fun of the guy, but if he's able to get up and walk off the court so quickly then it's probably just a DTD Grade 1 sprain.