NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 Commissioner's Corner

On 2/11/2021 at 11:38 AM, 89Topps said:

Your keepers constitute your 1st, 2nd, then 3rd round picks, depending on how many you keep.  As such, those 3 rounds of picks are not tradable

Sounds like it should not be allowed.   Let them work out a trade and post if after the draft is completed.  Then it will be clear what players are involved in the trade.

• Like 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definition of a Dynasty League is you keep ALL your roster if you wish. Period.  Option "B" is a Dynasty/Contracts Hybrid League.  Option "C" is called a Keeper League and has nothing whatso

In a typical league I don’t think you can tank 2 categories and win but in a 30 teamer with 10 teams in the money, it’s certainly possible to place. If you don’t think a team should be able to place b

I'm going to take this opportunity to pitch "innings pitched" as a stat. I've come to prefer this over wins or QS. Pitchers have a ton of control over their innings. There's also a pretty appropriate

On 2/11/2021 at 8:38 AM, 89Topps said:

Got kind of an interesting one.  I LM an ESPN league where we can keep UP TO 3 players.  For those unfamiliar with how ESPN formats that, the first 3 rounds are keepers. Your keepers constitute your 1st, 2nd, then 3rd round picks, depending on how many you keep.  As such, those 3 rounds of picks are not tradable, I guess because we don't actually know if those picks exist until after the keeper deadline (which is one week prior to the draft).  After the keeper deadline, I believe all trading is frozen until after the draft.  

Anyway, 2 owners are discussing basically swapping draft positions.  The guy with the 2nd draft slot is likely keeping 3, and the guy with the 9th slot is keeping just one.  So, it's beneficial for the guy in 9th to move up in the 2nd & 3rd round, whereas it doesn't matter for the guy drafting 2nd, since he's keeping guys in those rounds anyway.  Important to note here, the draft does not snake back until round 5.  The guy drafting from the 9th slot would throw in a pick or two later in the draft to even things out.

Since the keeper round picks are not tradable, the only way I could do this, is to edit the draft order and swap the two.

I've been thinking over this, and I can't tell if that's kind of skirting the rules, or if I'm making too big a deal out of it.

Just have them trade the picks they can trade and then just deal with the keeper round players after the draft. You shouldn't need to be involved here.

Edited by brockpapersizer

Existing keeper league (snake draft) is now switching to an auction for this season.  

We had a lot of draft pick trades during the 2019 season and some teams have much better picks than others, so we can't just give every team the same auction budget.

We have the snake draft pick order but need help converting those picks into auction $.  

Does anyone have a chart or know of any resource to figure out the correct budgets for our teams?  

On 2/13/2021 at 12:18 AM, 89Topps said:

Yes, I understand why it isn't doable in the system. I guess my question is; would you have a problem with teams essentially just trading drafts slots?

Yes, they're trading picks. Is trading picks allowed or not? 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Do you guys think 42 min. innings pitched is too much this season?  12 team league.

4 SP, 1P, 2 RP

man I have no idea what you're asking honestly.  42 IP for 1 week is too much for that few spots.  42 IP for the year seems like way too few.

17 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

man I have no idea what you're asking honestly.  42 IP for 1 week is too much for that few spots.  42 IP for the year seems like way too few.

around 40 innings per week is pretty standard.

Edited by summersoff7
2 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

for that few spots? OK then, seems like a lot by glance for  a minimum with only 5 spots for starting pitchers, but I don't play in too many leagues like that so if that's standard so be it.

On 2/13/2021 at 8:24 PM, AlexxelA said:

Existing keeper league (snake draft) is now switching to an auction for this season.  

We had a lot of draft pick trades during the 2019 season and some teams have much better picks than others, so we can't just give every team the same auction budget.

We have the snake draft pick order but need help converting those picks into auction $.  

Does anyone have a chart or know of any resource to figure out the correct budgets for our teams?  

Your league should use a snake draft one more season and then suspend draft pick trading so that everyone can have the same budget in 2022. Only right way to do it, imho. 

11 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Really?  I believe the default in my league is 10, and that's what I use.

With just 4 SP spots, you're essentially forcing teams to use bench spots on SPs or stream. Personally, I don't like forcing strategy on teams. But, that's just me. If this works for your league, then keep it.

• Like 1
On 3/1/2021 at 7:59 AM, 89Topps said:

Really?  I believe the default in my league is 10, and that's what I use.

With just 4 SP spots, you're essentially forcing teams to use bench spots on SPs or stream. Personally, I don't like forcing strategy on teams. But, that's just me. If this works for your league, then keep it.

glad i wasn't the only one who thought that was a very high weekly limit for a small team. 

17 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Any idea if yahoo will have a designated covid slot that's separate from dl?  If not how is everyone handling covid?

Would assume it will be handled the same as last year.

• Like 1