NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keep 1 - Donovan Mitchell or Ja Morant

8 cat. Pick one to keep. My other keepers are Luka and KD (and no I will not keep both over KD).

Donovan Mitchell - 2019-2020 = 24 years old, 34 mpg, .449 FG%, .863 FT%, 2.5 3PTM, 24 PTS, 4.4 REB, 4.3 AST, 1 STL, 0.2 BLK
Ja Morant - 2019-2020 = 21 years old, 30.5 mpg, .477 FG%, .776 FT%, 0.9 3PTM, 17.8 PTS, 3.9 REB, 7.3 AST, 0.9 STL, 0.3 BLK

Really a tough one, because you like better Morant's room to grow but you like better Mitchell's proven ability and maybe even growth potential in the shooting cats. I always hear that players with ^70 FT% can make big gains in their 3p ability, and I think Morant is about to walk into almost as much usage as Dmitch commands these days. It's super tough, but I'd lean morant 

Thanks everyone! I was really torn on this one. I feel like Mitchell is who I’m “supposed” to take here, but my guts saying go with Morant.

I’m going to lock in Morant. Mainly because I really don’t like the hit to FG% that Mitchell gives me, and think the areas where he currently has the edge on (FT%, Pts, 3ptm) Morant can improve upon. I still think Mitchell will end up with more points and 3s... but I think the gap will be closed enough that the other benefits Morant provides will be worth it.