NBC Sports Edge Forums

Otto Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

Our man was a top 40 ranked player two years ago, then got hurt, then had a setback. Lost season.

He looks fully healthy now. They are ramping him up. I'm liking tonight's line, with 12 boards. He looked good out there. I think he will hold off Williams and start when the games count.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When will this Lionel Richie looking mofo gona start singing again?

Looks like he's in tonight. Can't wait for his hit song: "2/7 FG, 7 pts, 4 rebs, 2 assists".  I conceived my first child to that one. 

The devil's greatest trick is convincing people that Otto Porter Jr. has fantasy value

I wouldn't be surprised if he played well since he's on his last contract year so that gives him incentive to play hard & stay healthy. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls use the playing time to highlight him as trade bait since Donovan seems to like Williams a lot as well. 

I know Otto gets injured a lot, but last season it was a real fracture. You can't fake a fracture.

It was misdiagnosed as just a bruise, then Boylen the moron played him through it and it got worse, then it was diagnosed as a sprain, then worse to where the fracture could be seen more clearly. He sat on the shelf from November until March as a result. So the medical staff and general Bulls incompetence are to blame.

Now note they not only changed their coach, but also their head athletic trainer, to revise the medical staff.

https://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bulls-hire-todd-campbell-head-athletic-trainer 

Campbell brings more than 16 years of NBA experience in both athletic training and physical therapy to the Bulls. Prior to coming to Chicago, he spent the previous three NBA seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans as the team's athletic trainer and physical therapist. While in New Orleans, Campbell helped stabilize the team's medical staff and decrease the number of games lost due to injury.

Sure he could get injured again. My point is that if you look at this situation clearly, Otto could be the steal of the draft. I got him at #111.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I know Otto gets injured a lot, but last season it was a real fracture. You can't fake a fracture.

It was misdiagnosed as just a bruise, then Boylen the moron played him through it and it got worse, then it was diagnosed as a sprain, then worse to where the fracture could be seen more clearly. He sat on the shelf from November until March as a result. So the medical staff and general Bulls incompetence are to blame.

Now note they not only changed their coach, but also their head athletic trainer, to revise the medical staff.

https://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bulls-hire-todd-campbell-head-athletic-trainer 

Sure he could get injured again. My point is that if you look at this situation clearly, Otto could be the steal of the draft. I got him at #111.

He basically had a free offseason last season, this year he has to play for his next contract, #111 is a steal. He was an early round pick last season (3rd-4th round). I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls traded him at the deadline, especially if they're out of playoff contention. 

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Otto Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook
5 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

be mindful hes most likely going to sit for b2b games

Interesting handcuff potential with Patrick Williams if both are on your waiver.  Patrick comes in ranked 144th in 10 cat H2H so barely rosterable even in deep leagues but there is upside (top 80 I think) by EOY.  

Of course Thad coming back might eat into both their minutes.  Thad is not in any ******** universe a three anymore but Boylen insisted on playing him on the wing.  Hopefully Donovan isn't so stubborn.

All aboard the Otto express!  I am probably nuts but I just moved Oubre for Porter... i have a feeling we are going to see the best version of OPJ this year.. 27 yrs old, in his prime and finally healthy.. oh yeah CONTRACT YEAR too..    Oubre is being forced to be a shooter in GSW and its getting UGLY over there.. not his game.  Anyways enough of my "cool story brah"..   If OPJ can average around 28 mins a night with the way he is looking out of the gate top 50 is a very real possibility..  and very easy to attain the way he is playing.

As we all know he is OTTO-matic out there! as good a shooter that this league provides.

Of course the minutes have to be there but the rookie will fade .. and they need to showcase Otto for a trade later this year..   he's only 27! 

I just traded for this guy without looking into the Bulls lineup. I had no idea Lauri has been injured. Do people still think he get his 28 mins when Lauri returns? I mean he's certainly showing he deserves it. Man, I really wish looked into this before I pulled the trigger.

19 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

I just traded for this guy without looking into the Bulls lineup. I had no idea Lauri has been injured. Do people still think he get his 28 mins when Lauri returns? I mean he's certainly showing he deserves it. Man, I really wish looked into this before I pulled the trigger.

These last 2 games with him cemented in the closing lineups proved that Billy D trusts him along with the other vets. And he’s rewarded Billy D with some nice games along with good leadership on the floor. My question is will Lauri be a part of that closing lineup when he’s back? If so, at who’s expense? Because I think, if Otto is a part of that closing lineup, he’s playing those 28 minutes even from the bench

33 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

Yes. He's prime trade bait and is a winning player IRL not just fantasy when healthy.  He looks healthy and is rounding into shape.  Expect top 70 production.  Even when Lauri comes back it looks like they will play more small ball with Williams and Porter both on the court as hybrid 3/4s and Lauri as the 5 or even Thad Young.  The man in danger of losing minutes is probably Carter Jr.