NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Otto Porter Jr. 2020-2021 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Is anyone touching him after the trade? 

Took a flier in case he doesn’t get bought out.  ORL just shipped their starting wing, so I’d assume he sits atop the depth chart if kept. 

Edited by 80version
  • Like 1

Who else does Orlando have? He's still somewhat young so I expect him to get mins right away and produce for the rest of the year if they decide to keep him. The fg% will probably be a struggle tho because their starting five will be looking pretty ugly.

22 minutes ago, In Spades said:

If he starts, I'm picking him up. A healthy Porter in a role with minutes and touches was the dream ever since his Washington days. It sadly took 7 years to achieve it, but better late than never.

W A S H E D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Not getting bought out apparently.

Took a flier on him dropping NAW.

He’s on a contract year. He’s in the perfect opportunity to showcase himself. He doesn’t want to get bought out.

This. All the reason why I think he'll be the most serviceable Magic player outside of Ross. If he wanted to compete for a chip or play for a decent team, he could. But seeing as how he's going to have all the opportunity in the world by staying in Orlando, he's gonna try to show out to get one last big payday.

We've seen Wendell with minutes in Chicago and it wasn't noteworthy. MCW is trash. And Okeke will have minutes, but he hasn't looked great so far and I'm not convinced he has a fantasy-friendly game -- the boost in usage will help him, but enough to outperform Otto? Idk about that.

9 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

I scooped. Doesn’t hurt to take a flier, especially when he doesn’t seem to have much competition for minutes. If he doesn’t work, send him back to the wire and move on 

Expect a wave of GTD GTD GTD GTD GTD GTD

On 3/26/2021 at 8:46 PM, DoctorLove said:

I scooped. Doesn’t hurt to take a flier, especially when he doesn’t seem to have much competition for minutes. If he doesn’t work, send him back to the wire and move on 

Got him as well as filler for a few game stream.. we will see

on paper he is a no brainer add. I just hope he doesnt get rested every other game. (Same with Ross). The Magic are in full rebuild mode and might rest him way too much. Okeke seems like the better add but I missed that train last night 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Chrizz said:

on paper he is a no brainer add. I just hope he doesnt get rested every other game. (Same with Ross). The Magic are in full rebuild mode and might rest him way too much. Okeke seems like the better add but I missed that train last night 🤷‍♂️

Got both, hoping one starts at PF and the other at SF

People think they got value scooping Birch or the guy that sounds like one of the Hawaiian islands...... but I honestly think OPJ will return top 75 value given enough minutes and healthy 

14 pts 7 reb 4 ast 1 stl 2 3ptm 

i called it 

Edited by csklmf