NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Clarke 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He should request a trade or go to a strip club.

21/8/5? No, stay put. 

Might be time to cut the chord...

20 minutes ago, LineyBoy said:

Can't drop this guy this early in the season right?  Drafted him in all 4 of my leagues....

My condolences. 

I have a share, regrettably.  Watching him play has made me wonder what happened to the guy that showed so much promise last season. 

Someone probably told him if he shot every shot like his floater he'd score every time and he took that literally. 

I don't think this guy is rosterable in standard leagues if he doesnt revert his shooting form. What made him so valuable last season was his efficiency at the mid-range and if he cant convert open jumpers and the occasional 3, then I think he's a drop. I wouldn't hold this guy and miss out on a hot waiver pickup.

• Like 1

Totally agreed.  Clarke's shooting coach must MKG or something, because he basically turned an efficiency machine into a liability there.

Clarke's strength is exactly that - reasonable stocks and boards while being rock solid on efficiency, so if he's not doing that, he's hurting your team.  I'm holding in one league and dropping in another.  Slo-Mo looks really good and that's even without JJJ, so the clock is ticking on Clarke to produce.  Otherwise, he'll be stuck at 20 mpg or fewer for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Did any of you BC owners watch any games from last year? That’s not a re tooled jumper, that’s his original jumper and he shot 36 percent last year. Not even claiming he will be any good this year. But that’s literally always been his jumper. His issue is having a consistent shooting form, but generally that’s how his shot looks. 

45 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Did any of you BC owners watch any games from last year? That’s not a re tooled jumper, that’s his original jumper and he shot 36 percent last year. Not even claiming he will be any good this year. But that’s literally always been his jumper. His issue is having a consistent shooting form, but generally that’s how his shot looks. 

No, he's got a late release this year. I'm not a BC owner this season but that is so not his jumper last season. It was way smoother.

LOOK:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 7614 said:

He was on my team last year so I watched a fair amount of MEM games. His jumpshot has a hitch now, stops somewhere near the top of the jump. Looks more like his patented floater.

Edited by SolariNatividad
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, 7614 said:

Definitely not the same shot. He's jumping higher and shooting later. 

Both can and will affect your shot.

Edited by indigorivers
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, SolariNatividad said:

Seems to be alive again with a serviceable line, albeit against a depleted BKN. Anyone watched?

His mid range and 3 point jump shots went in and although they weren't completely smooth, they didn't look awful. His free throw shooting form looked bad but I don't know how it looked last year. Overall I think he played decently.

• Thanks 1

Well.. just managed to snag him off waivers with my 12th waiver. People are really low on him and understandably so. Shot looked better tonight.

Just hoping he bounces back as the season progresses. Too early to make judgements on players. Tonight was a great start.

2 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Grayson Allen seems like he’s gonna get demoted. Think Clarke can secure the starting role ? 

for sure but hes getting demoted again when jjj eventually returns

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Pumbaa said:

2 blocks removed by yahoo, clean blocks on Drummond and some other dude... why?

He is looking better past few games.

Coz they blind. One of them couldn’t be more obvious coz he actually blocked it twice and pinned against the backboard. The announcer said Melton blocked it so maybe they just went by the announcer. Who knows with these dingbats.

59 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Coz they blind. One of them couldn’t be more obvious coz he actually blocked it twice and pinned against the backboard. The announcer said Melton blocked it so maybe they just went by the announcer. Who knows with these dingbats.

Strange, they were obvious blocks by Clarke... hopefully they fix it asap.