NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kendrick Nunn 2020-2021 Outlook

Posted some very respectable numbers @

15.3 points, 2.7 boards, 3.3 assists in his rookie campaign.

Have to imagine that he's a large part of the Heat's future plans. Can we expect those numbers to rise or is Dragic the man to target? I feel like Nunn is getting slept on 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

G-League level talent? He finished runner up for rookie of the year last year. There's a reason why he started for them all year long. Watching the last two games he's easily outplayed Dragic who look

So hard to drop this guy when he does so well every time he gets run

Interesting that you would say Nunn sucks and is a G league level talent averaging 15 over a full season last year and 13 so far this year while also fawning all over MCW who hasn’t averaged more than

He was great to start the year, really fell off though. It seems like the Heat last year was able to capture lightning in a bottle. Does that happen again? Probably not which means that someone on the Heat is likely to bust.

I'm thinking maybe it's Jimmy Butler that busts a bit this year though. We will find out if Nunn is worth owning in the first few weeks. I put him on my bench late in the draft though, 2 rounds after Duncan Robinson

On 12/17/2020 at 6:35 PM, pushaZ said:

We will find out if Nunn is worth owning in the first few weeks. I put him on my bench late in the draft though, 2 rounds after Duncan Robinson

Deep leagues alert (where every warm body is owned):

Avery Bradley 1% owned, 100 adds this morning. Drop Nunn for Bradley IMO. Even if Dragic sits on B2Bs, Nunn might only get 10-12 min.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont have him, but I dont know what happened. He was great last year and just an integral part of their team. And then suddenly Spo stops to play him in the bubble (but he actually got COVID-19 if I remember correctly and still suffered from the effects?). Their team is like unchanged compared to last year, where he played a big role, and still he does not receive minutes when the team is healthy. Really hope he gets another big shot in the rotation, it was just such a feel good story, that a undrafted rookie who worked his way up came out of left field for the rookie of the year race.

Edited by HerrMcKenzie
  • Like 1

Had him last year. He had his ups and downs, but I eventually dropped him. But overall a solid rookie compaign. I think he's nothing more than a streamer this year unless some key pieces go down with serious injuries. But you never know.. its kind of hard to trust Spo with the minutes distribution. He's like Nurse in that he'll play a guy big minutes and then the next game won't see any action.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Nutler and Herro are out so Im not into him at all. G-League level talent.

G-League level talent? He finished runner up for rookie of the year last year. There's a reason why he started for them all year long. Watching the last two games he's easily outplayed Dragic who looks sluggish. Wouldn't be surprised if he cracks the rotation once the team is at full strength.

If his scoring efficiency can improve on last year he'll have some solid value. Pesky defender too with constant attempts at steals.

Value ultimately comes down to Spoelstra's rotation. In my opinion their best starting five is Nunn, Herro, Robinson, Butler, and Adebayo with the bench consisting of Dragic, Vincent, Iguodola, Precious, and Olynyk.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

As someone who has never had shares of Nunn until picking him up last night, I don’t get why Miami has him out of the rotation. I’m not saying he should be starting or is a star, but you’d think he would play the Jordan Clarkson or Lou Williams role for them as a 6th man. I know he’s not good defensively but they have enough defensive first role players that Nunn would be a great compliment in the second unit.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

As someone who has never had shares of Nunn until picking him up last night, I don’t get why Miami has him out of the rotation. I’m not saying he should be starting or is a star, but you’d think he would play the Jordan Clarkson or Lou Williams role for them as a 6th man. I know he’s not good defensively but they have enough defensive first role players that Nunn would be a great compliment in the second unit.

I agree. Its so strange that he either plays 30+ minutes or is completly out of the rotation.

He should be safely in the rotation now with Avery Bradley out 3-4 weeks with a calf strain. Nunn with a 3-4 week showcase should be able to prove he's deserving of 20-25 mins a night ROS.

1 hour ago, CFN said:

He should be safely in the rotation now with Avery Bradley out 3-4 weeks with a calf strain. Nunn with a 3-4 week showcase should be able to prove he's deserving of 20-25 mins a night ROS.

its just weird, that its either like 25+ minutes or nothing. never seen that before.