NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jimmy Butler 2020-2021 Outlook

Strikk3r

7 hours ago, Strikk3r said:

Hey, I noticed there is no thread yet for Jimmy Buckets. What you guys think of him this season?
Do you think he'll have plenty of load-management games?
Let's discuss.

Jimmy B is awesome.  He might miss a handful of games, but would't be concerning to me, personally.

Jimmy's problem is he doesn't like to shoot 3s and only tries to take over games when necessary.  

He's steady and safe and if you don't need 3s or have others to compensate for his lack of 3s you'll be fine.  

9 hours ago, Strikk3r said:

Hey, I noticed there is no thread yet for Jimmy Buckets. What you guys think of him this season?
Do you think he'll have plenty of load-management games?
Let's discuss.

Miss a couple games. Very safe player. High FG%, solid steals, a dash of assists. Nothing more nothing less. In H2H he could possibly win steals for you by himself.

Steals are not a category which can be win by one person. I don't agree: I have CP3 (1,6 steals average) and Dejounte Murray (1,7 steals per 26 minutes). How you can beat me only with Butler? You have to draft at least 3-4 supportive (1,1-1,4 steals) players.

Edited by apatas

30 minutes ago, apatas said:

Steals are not a category which can be win by one person. I don't agree: I have CP3 (1,6 steals average) and Dejounte Murray (1,7 steals per 26 minutes). How you can beat me only with Butler? You have to draft at least 3-4 supportive (1,1-1,4 steals) players.

In H2H, of course in Roto he can’t. Also I prefaced by saying he “could”, didn’t say he “will”.

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

In H2H, of course in Roto he can’t. Also I prefaced by saying he “could”, didn’t say he “will”.

Yes, sometimes in H2H can happen miracles and really one player give you a win. But I have always said as "generally". Steals are enough inconsistent category that anything can happen by short period as week. But for this reason nothing is certain how much wins I can get during season and it depends on luck more than it depends on certain players. Honestly I have gone through it - my team was third best (among 20 teams) by total amount of steals, but I finished season 10-9-1...

I've read that steals are one of the weakest categories to build around, as the difference in quantity between elite and waivers is much smaller than most cats. I believe the same could be said about 3pm in today's league, so these two considerations "cancel" each other out to an extent in regards to butler. I would've taken jimmy late 2nd/early 3rd if he was available, but it comes with the lebron risk of a valuable-vet, strong-team, short-offseason situation.

7 hours ago, bjav4282 said:

Sigh..."Ankle stiffness"...how many times will be see the combination of *random body part* + soreness, stiffness, tightness, etc., this season?

I know.  These are "ailments" players in the 80s-90s played with and played through the whole season. 

Soft a** generation

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

I know.  These are "ailments" players in the 80s-90s played with and played through the whole season. 

Soft a** generation

Those dudes played 40 plus minutes a game with way less pay in an era where you got hammered every play. Players today are spoiled puss*** 

• Like 2

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

Those dudes played 40 plus minutes a game with way less pay in an era where you got hammered every play. Players today are spoiled puss*** 

exactly.  It's the NB freaking A.  You're supposed to have boo-boos and owies.  These players are pampered and led to believe they need to be 100% to go out onto the floor.   Babied and coddled.  Straight embarrassment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

exactly.  It's the NB freaking A.  You're supposed to have boo-boos and owies.  These players are pampered and led to believe they need to be 100% to go out onto the floor.   Babied and coddled.  Straight embarrassment.

They’re all overpaid and the actual game is the last thing they care for. Money, location and lifestyle first 

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jimmy Butler 2020-2021 Outlook

I know about the sore/stiff ankle. Not a problem. But the opening post of the Butler thread asks if Spoelstra is going to give him the AD/Westbrook treatment and rest him on B2Bs.

1) Has Spoelstra mentioned anything about resting Butler & Dragic on B2Bs? Staggering their rest?

2) Do we think Avery Bradley would get the start?

There are 4 B2Bs over the next month.

On 12/25/2020 at 9:54 PM, summersoff7 said:

Butler legit turned his ankle game 1 vs Orlando and was noticeably hobbling. He wasn’t even expected to play vs NOP but he gave it a go when most players would’ve taken the easy DNP