NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thoughts on Brees? Worth a shot playing him in the semi's or stick with Ben vs CIN?

Right now with Ben in line up, projections are close. 2 concners. 1: PIT runs more vs CIN, especially if they get up big early. 

2: NO uses Hill for a lot of plays, which hurts Brees value or he gets hit early & is out.

13 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Thoughts on Brees? Worth a shot playing him in the semi's or stick with Ben vs CIN?

Right now with Ben in line up, projections are close. 2 concners. 1: PIT runs more vs CIN, especially if they get up big early. 

2: NO uses Hill for a lot of plays, which hurts Brees value or he gets hit early & is out.

The Steelers seem to be out of wack and are likely going to use this game as an opportunity to get right before the playoffs. It's probably too late in the year for them to establish the running game like they keep talking about so I think "getting right" involves instilling confidence back into Ben. I like him as a safe option that should outperform his numbers over the last month or so.

Brees is the move if you're looking to swing for the fences. The matchup (as well the location of game) promotes a track meet however I think KC will be bringing the heat to try and test how healthy Brees really is. The Saints also have a much better idea of what they have in Hill now so it is not unreasonable to believe that he will be coming in more than he had been in the past.

Verdict: I'd stick with Ben.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

It's a tough call, one that I have to make in a tall stakes league (with Hurts tossed in too)...I think we need to keep hearing reports about how clear Brees is, but I think I am leaning towards him at this point. Steelers look busted right now, certainly the Bengals are an elixir that cures most but also believe they get some defensive scoring and focus on bringing the run game back around too. Toss in the game script factors (and even weather) and it favors Brees. Don't worry too much about Hill, he will be used for some stuff but all my analysis showed that he did not truly affect the saints weapons last year, and only slightly impacted Brees...there should be plenty enough fantasy goodness to go around anyways. GL!

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Brees

• Thanks 1

This is very tough... but I would roll out Ben. I think the Steelers really try to get the passing attack and guys like Diontae Johnson right, or at least see what they have to work with since there's so many options there (Chase Claypool, Washington, etc.).

Brees seems so risky to me. My main concern is he gets reinjured. 

• Thanks 1

This one is a little slippery. I've noticed that Pitt likes to pick up momentum heading into the playoffs, so even if they are going to beat Cinci, they will want to do it in high scoring fashion. I see Ben piling on the points and spreading it around to try and get his offense firing on all cylinders.

Additionally, I don't trust Brees this year. He has flashed some moments, but he has really shown his wear and is just not the same elite production QB.

I'd roll Ben and not look back. Good luck.

Would like to hear your thoughts on mine: