NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Jackson 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote a little song for our boy:   I'm sorry, Josh Jackson Ooooooo You are fo' real Never meant to label you a bust Tatum can go suck himself a nut I'm sorry, Josh

You gotta love the setup here: - #4 overall pick - struggles a bit in his rookie and sophomore seasons but overall is far from a total bust.  Suns still touting him as a part of the future g

Lol Okafor/Griffin might rank in one of the worst defensive pairings to ever play in the nba. This Pistons team is pure trash with loads of fantasy appeal. Okafor probably pairs well with a Jackson/Ha

I'm trying to figure out the PISTONS forwards rotation. I followed the Pistons a bit last year, because I had D. Rose. Woods is gone. Doumbouya, Griffin, J Grant, Bey, JJ, Mcgruder, and Mykhailiuk are all there.

So which if any of them are worth drafting?? 

4 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Blake is a loser.  

Somebody just dropped Blake in a points league.

I would think he still would a 20+ min player for Detroit. So that should result in some mid-value stats. Maybe 20-30 fantasy points in our scoring system.  

I guess I'm surprised he hit our waiver system.  I have no clue what the roto guys think of Griffin.  But I would think he should be owned in most leagues. 

2 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Somebody just dropped Blake in a points league.

I would think he still would a 20+ min player for Detroit. So that should result in some mid-value stats. Maybe 20-30 fantasy points in our scoring system.  

I guess I'm surprised he hit our waiver system.  I have no clue what the roto guys think of Griffin.  But I would think he should be owned in most leagues. 

Blake Griffin is by far the most talented player on this team. If he's healthy no ones challenging his minutes unless the playoffs is completely out of reach

Edited by indigorivers
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

Blake Griffin is by far the most talented player on this team. If he's healthy no ones challenging his minutes unless the playoffs is completely out of reach

Yeah, my waiver position (10 out of 12) didn't give me a chance to pick him up. But I was not sure if Doumbouya was talented enough to have a big impact on Blakes minutes. Seems like some people are really high on him. I think JJ will eventually turn into a big talent. So with the come back from  injury for Blake, I was curious how the forwards would be used with the Pistons.

I never stopped believing in this guy. I still believe he can be a very good NBA player. Would have been interesting to see him coming off the bench on a team like Golden State. Matter of fact....what is really the difference between him and Andrew Wiggins? Minus the off court troubles. The price the Pistons got him for is a damn good bargain seeing how Wiggins is a max player. By all accounts it appears Jackson was really about basketball during his time in Memphis. 

Griffin is OK, when he is healthy, but if we talk here about Josh Jackson then his minutes don't depend too much on Griffin, but mostly on D. Wright and Mykhailiuk, also it depends how much minutes Grant plays at SF. Because JJ plays only at SG or SF, it means we have to count 96 minutes how they will divide between players. I don't specify how I did calculation but in best case scenario JJ gets not more than 25-26 minutes.

20 minutes ago, apatas said:

Griffin is OK, when he is healthy, but if we talk here about Josh Jackson then his minutes don't depend too much on Griffin, but mostly on D. Wright and Mykhailiuk, also it depends how much minutes Grant plays at SF. Because JJ plays only at SG or SF, it means we have to count 96 minutes how they will divide between players. I don't specify how I did calculation but in best case scenario JJ gets not more than 25-26 minutes.

His last 2 games would be top 60 numbers.

Played 24 and 22 minutes. 

Hayes/Jackson backcourt looks real good defensively/offensively than with Wright. If he continue to perform well, he might be the next Christian Wood (fantasy wise) and push Wright off the bench for the starting 2.

They should try a starting 5 of Hayes/Jackson/Svi/Grant/Griffin.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, xellosdax said:

Hayes/Jackson backcourt looks real good defensively/offensively than with Wright. If he continue to perform well, he might be the next Christian Wood (fantasy wise) and push Wright off the bench for the starting 2.

They should try a starting 5 of Hayes/Jackson/Svi/Grant/Griffin.

This looks better if Grant is PF. But Griffin is not a real C. Both (Grant and Griffin) are pure forwards. And because Plumlee/Okafor has to get playing time, it also indirectly reduces Josh Jackson (and Svi Mykhailiuks) playing time.

Edited by apatas
22 hours ago, apatas said:

This looks better if Grant is PF. But Griffin is not a real C. Both (Grant and Griffin) are pure forwards. And because Plumlee/Okafor has to get playing time, it also indirectly reduces Josh Jackson (and Svi Mykhailiuks) playing time.

Lol Okafor/Griffin might rank in one of the worst defensive pairings to ever play in the nba. This Pistons team is pure trash with loads of fantasy appeal. Okafor probably pairs well with a Jackson/Hayes for a lot of putback opportunities. Figuring this lineup though isn’t going to be easy. 

One upside to betting on Jackson tho is he’s a D Rose injury away from a guaranteed 28min/game. No other playmakers off the bench. Not a bad horse to bet on.

• Like 3

For some reason I think Dwayne Casey is going to let him eat. Also it looks like JJ fixed the hitch in his shot and it's paying dividends. He's actually shooting well from 3PT land which is something I never thought I'd see. This could be the year...

You gotta love the setup here:

- #4 overall pick

- struggles a bit in his rookie and sophomore seasons but overall is far from a total bust.  Suns still touting him as a part of the future going into the summer.

-  gets banished over the summer for knucklehead personal issues, goes to Memphis where his punishment is way worse than his crime, and gets through it with flying colors.

-  works on his game, most notably his shooting, while in his rehab year in Memphis, turning it into a decent two year guarantee in a perfect situation for him to become a lead dog like he was always meant to be.

-  is the best player on his team through the preseason and in the first game of the year.

-  He's now 23 - looks like a man out there unlike the kid that was in Phoenix.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Sixersfan740 said:

- #4 overall pick

- struggles a bit in his rookie and sophomore seasons but overall is far from a total bust.  Suns still touting him as a part of the future going into the summer.

-  gets banished over the summer for knucklehead personal issues, goes to Memphis where his punishment is way worse than his crime, and gets through it with flying colors.

-  works on his game, most notably his shooting, while in his rehab year in Memphis, turning it into a decent two year guarantee in a perfect situation for him to become a lead dog like he was always meant to be.

-  is the best player on his team through the preseason and in the first game of the year.

Opted for this dude over keldon Johnson.. I love the potential on a Detroit team. Regardless if he's off the bench he'll continue to remain aggressive with the ball in his hand. Good job on the assessment sir@! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sixersfan740 said:

- #4 overall pick

I don't know how much of this is confirmation bias but I don't care, jumped on the train, let's go :) Thanks! 

• Like 1