NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Jackson 2020-2021 Outlook

DonutGiveUp

35 minutes ago, maleman said:

The highlights of today's game was really good. Scooped him up and hoping for more of the same. 

We'll find out tomorrow when the rest of the lineup is back. Surely his usage takes a bit of a hit but if he's got the talent, the opportunity should come just like it did for Wood last season. Might be a rough road as it was in the beginning with Wood given that it's still Casey so i guess it's good that it's still early and that they have time to figure out their rotations/roles to go along with the Losing lol.

10 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Just that, JJ since his rookie year has been a tease. This has happened before. Beware lol.

Yeah but this is a guy who has matured a TON since his rookie year. He came into the league at age 19 with a terrible attitude, terrible shooting mechanics (which he's fixed) and a huge spotlight on him as a top 4 pick (I know it sounds crazy but there was some justification to taking him over Tatum at the time) and now he's 23 and being given a third or fourth chance (lol) on a rebuilding squad in his hometown. With a coach who says he wants to give him opportunity. Talent, pedigree, growth and now opportunity are all present in the situation. This is coming from a KU fan who has watched him since the summer before his one-and-done year at Kansas.

Honestly the biggest thing is that he fixed the hitch in his jump shot and his numbers since the preseason are showing it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

Drop Dort or Jarrett Allen for this guy?? 

If you don't have anyone worse then I'd go with Dort but I think he is going to be a guy worth owning this season. Tho I think Josh's ceiling is much higher than his. I like Allen this year despite the limited minutes and slow start and if DJ goes down he could be a league winner

35 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

This dude just needs 30 plus minutes a game to produce. 

With Rose Griffin Grant all playing does he get it???

Def worth an add but I don't think it's a sure thing. 

Rose Griffin and Grant all played today and he still got 29 mins. I added him today and I'll wait to see how the Piston rotation solidifies. If we can secure those 30 mins a game he could be great.

WHAT ABOUT this guy, hm ? 

Jesus f ucking Christ can't beleve I'm in his thread after 4 years

Life's krazy 

😂 

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

Interesting... I might drop B. Lopez if he's on a 🔥 start

But I dropped Naz Reid in the end

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

He's had a steal and a block tonight already and he got credit for neither. The block was clear as day off a Jaylen Brown layup and they credited it to Isaiah Stewart who was completely uninvolved in the play. I'll be furious if that doesn't get corrected.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CFN said:

He's had a steal and a block tonight already and he got credit for neither. The block was clear as day off a Jaylen Brown layup and they credited it to Isaiah Stewart who was completely uninvolved in the play. I'll be furious if that doesn't get corrected.

Yeah, I was watching the game and wondering about that.  Fingers crossed.

23 minutes ago, maleman said:

Would like to see minutes in the 30's but can't complain with 1/1/1 potential. 

I think he was in early foul trouble from just glancing through the game, so they just went with the hot streak in Bey and rose tonight.