NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Jackson 2020-2021 Outlook

3 hours ago, Quazza said:

Welp 

I fkn ruined him 

Please god drop him.  Also, I'm playing against PG in a few leagues, do you mind trading for him this week?  :D

Seriously though, guys, I think it's time to bail.  Casey's rotations are pretty wild, and I think Bey's basically taking JJ's role now.  Hang on and see what happens if you want, but if there's a hot FA or you wanna stream this week (DET only plays 3 games), it might be a good time to move on.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote a little song for our boy:   I'm sorry, Josh Jackson Ooooooo You are fo' real Never meant to label you a bust Tatum can go suck himself a nut I'm sorry, Josh

You gotta love the setup here: - #4 overall pick - struggles a bit in his rookie and sophomore seasons but overall is far from a total bust.  Suns still touting him as a part of the future g

Lol Okafor/Griffin might rank in one of the worst defensive pairings to ever play in the nba. This Pistons team is pure trash with loads of fantasy appeal. Okafor probably pairs well with a Jackson/Ha

2 hours ago, MWon said:

Please god drop him.  Also, I'm playing against PG in a few leagues, do you mind trading for him this week?  :D

Seriously though, guys, I think it's time to bail.  Casey's rotations are pretty wild, and I think Bey's basically taking JJ's role now.  Hang on and see what happens if you want, but if there's a hot FA or you wanna stream this week (DET only plays 3 games), it might be a good time to move on.

haha I already have PG ;)

• Haha 2

I didn't own him, but I thought he would be in the running for waiver wire pickup of the year. He just got dropped in my league. Not gonna make a move yet, but definitely intrigued. His track record tells us that the first two weeks were the aberration, but he looked vastly improved in those games. He's always put up stats, but he's looked questionable as a player. Definitely looked like things were starting to click for him. He's only 23 and a fourth overall pick, so he has the pedigree. But on the other side of the coin, he's already bounced around to 3 teams and a G-League stint. Not entirely sure which of those indicators I want to trust more. Hahaha. I'd say keep an eye on him. Maybe he's still a little banged up. Maybe Casey gives him a little more leash in the coming games. But he's starting for a team that lacks players and have all the reason in the world to develop some of these lotto tickets. Maybe he can get back on course.

he was doing just fine before the injury, lol. too little of a sample to drop him, let's wait and see. i mean, who's his competition? 

Edited by doomz
7 minutes ago, doomz said:

he was doing just fine before the injury, lol. too little of a sample to drop him, let's wait and see. i mean, who's his competition? 

Saddiq Bey. The combination of Josh getting hurt + putting up poor numbers in his return + Bey looking like a very real contributor to the team really put a wrench in his outlook.

11 hours ago, MWon said:

if there's a hot FA or you wanna stream this week (DET only plays 3 games), it might be a good time to move on.

Yeah JJ seemed like a good spec pickup, then he got hurt and things change too fast in DET for JJ to come back to what he had when he got hurt. Tough. I added Bey as JJ came back, just about to drop JJ and give Bey more time to season. Ultimately in a 12 team we are just playing with our bench spots, and not really counting on anything from these guys right away. They are like firewood we chopped, they need to season before they are put to best use.

• Like 1

I really gotta wonder if the low minutes were because of the ankle injury last week or if he's really back to being terrible. Outside of Grant though, my gut is telling me to avoid the Pistons entirely because of Casey...

9 minutes ago, m1dday said:

I really gotta wonder if the low minutes were because of the ankle injury last week or if he's really back to being terrible. Outside of Grant though, my gut is telling me to avoid the Pistons entirely because of Casey...

He was worse than terrible. I watched the game

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I feel like Noel is going to get traded to a contender. Or he should. Nets? But their main bargaining chip is Dinwiddie. Maybe Blazers?

I don't think the Knicks are just going to trade their only reliable back up center when theyre competing for the playoffs themselves 

I think he's like Wood this year, not in the sense that they're at the same level of player at all (Wood is WORLDS better), but more like we're just waiting for the point where he's unleashed. Although knowing Casey, he's probably starting McGruder before ever doing that lol

Was really liking what he was doing before that injury cost him a few games and took a while to get going again. Seems to be back into that groove and with news rose is going to be moved surely they go all in on developing players and reducing Blake’s load even further which will help JJ