NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darius Garland 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garland better start learning from MCW so he can pass your eye test.

You mean the one bad game he's had this entire season?

He looked real ugly today, they all did but he was like -30. It's a great situation for production, but we've already seen him play big minutes and there's currently very little to his game outside scoring inefficiently and secondary playmaking. Last year in 31 mins he was 12/2/4 with <1 stock on 40% shooting. A number of per-minute things need to improve for him to become a value

• Like 1

Awful FG%, bad rebounding even for a guard, doesn’t help you out with defensive stats, isn’t a high scorer to compensate for his bad efficiency, not going to rack up more than the ~4ish assists he was getting per game last year. I wouldn’t touch this guy in category leagues.

1 hour ago, QingJames said:

Awful FG%, bad rebounding even for a guard, doesn’t help you out with defensive stats, isn’t a high scorer to compensate for his bad efficiency, not going to rack up more than the ~4ish assists he was getting per game last year. I wouldn’t touch this guy in category leagues.

I think his %'s go up some , as does his assists. But everything else is pretty much spot on

For what it's worth I have him in a points league. 9cat he's just a streamer for now until we see otherwise.

Read a blurb recently where coach said the plan is to stagger Sexton's and Garland's minutes, which is great news for both if true. 

I guess just throw him on your watchlist for now.

3 hours ago, JonTheMutant said:

How much faab?

7 minutes ago, westbrookballin92 said:

Didn't watch the game but watched highlights. He looked really good and confident, good to see him handling the ball a lot and being in control out there (again, caveat of good matchup). Thinking 15-20% of FAAB might get him but who knows. Definitely a good add where available!

I won the one league he was available with $10 out of $100. Bids were:

$10

$6

$5

$2

$0

I don’t get why people didn’t see this coming.  Second year PG who is the center piece of a rebuilding franchise.  He was my late round target in all my leagues.  I had him on par with coby white who is 91+% owned

Edited by c_dog
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, c_dog said:

I don’t get why people didn’t see this coming.  Second year PG who is the center piece of a rebuilding franchise.  He was my late round target in all my leagues.  I had him on par with coby white who is 91+% owned

People were way too turned off by his inefficient play last year and he was totally overshadowed by another ball-dominant guard in Sexton, not to mention the uniform he plays in. Which is great for those of us who actually pay attention. Still expecting to take a hit in FG/TO this year but in the right build he's going to be immensely valuable and should get all the run he can handle. Sexton is working at the 2 which is huge for Garland at the PG spot.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bbythepier said:

I won the one league he was available with $10 out of $100. Bids were:

$10

$6

$5

$2

$0

Rookie money 😉

I spent 52$. Second and only competitor put a 0$ bid in. 

Edited by dorwell
  • Haha 1

+ He's added some size in the off season.

A big weakness of Garland's was finishing at the rim last year. Something he's trying to rectify this campaign. 

Should help with FG% . Besides him being more confident and in control of the offense.

Assists should be solid across the board. 

just picked this guy up. I actually don't know much about him other than he's better than the guy I dropped but what type of guard is he? Is he he a pure point or scoring guard? Just what type of stats do we expect from him? pts,ast, stls, good ft%, low fg% high to, 3s?

Honestly, I think the major diff is just that he has a big target or two who can hit their shots. Just passing to Drummond improved his assist rate and FG% considerably last season. Nance also has a high FG%. Even McGee is a great finisher if he gets the ball in his spots.

Last season, Garland was forced to take late shots at the end of the clock on broken plays. And he was not in control.

He did look confident, which is just the natural progression of a 2nd year player. Add in Sexton hitting his shots, and all arrows are pointing up.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

just picked this guy up. I actually don't know much about him other than he's better than the guy I dropped but what type of guard is he? Is he he a pure point or scoring guard? Just what type of stats do we expect from him? pts,ast, stls, good ft%, low fg% high to, 3s?

he's a good scorer but solid passer too. predicting 19 pts 3 rebs 6 assists with a steal and 2 3pm. prob fairly high turnovers and fg% around 43. should also be nice plus for ft% he hits them and he looks aggressive enough that he will get to the line so can be a good impact there. 

Edited by richg24
  • Like 3
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Darius Garland 2020-2021 Outlook