NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darius Garland 2020-2021 Outlook

4 hours ago, fabrar said:

Drummond really needs to go. He's seriously hampering what garland can do as a playmaker. Dude thinks he's fkn Magic Johnson when he's actually homeless crippled jokic. 

You mean this? 

It never gets old. 

Edited by rob0403
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garland better start learning from MCW so he can pass your eye test.

You mean the one bad game he's had this entire season?

On 2/14/2021 at 4:21 AM, fabrar said:

Drummond really needs to go. He's seriously hampering what garland can do as a playmaker. Dude thinks he's fkn Magic Johnson when he's actually homeless crippled jokic. 

There you go. No more Drummond.

• Like 1

I think this dude is going to break out now. He’ll run a lot of pick and rolls with Allen and should put up some high points/assists numbers. Just needs to start launching more threes.

• Like 2

Both Garland and Sexton will benefit from players they pass to hitting their shots. Drummond stopped the ball, then “went to work,” denying the guard an assist. On top of this, Drummond would also miss easy shots when assisted. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Both Garland and Sexton will benefit from players they pass to hitting their shots. Drummond stopped the ball, then “went to work,” denying the guard an assist. On top of this, Drummond would also miss easy shots when assisted. 

I agree, a breakout is imminent from Sexland.

All systems go for this kid now with that blackhole disaster Drummond out of the picture (hopefully).  

Both Cleveland guards should really benefit from having more control on offense but I'm expecting Garland in particular to see a bump in production.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Breaking out with Drummond gone.

😂

Poor guy just got his shot blocked three times in a row. This was not the start of the post-Drummond era I had hoped for.

No recent comments on his good game the other night? He shot better and his steals have picked up the last couple of games. He has good matchups against bad teams like the Hawks & the Rockets coming up.

• Like 2
On 2/16/2021 at 12:32 AM, JormaJormala said:

Hot garbage. U need to drop. He aint getting better this season.

2 hours ago, EsTiLO said:

No recent comments on his good game the other night? He shot better and his steals have picked up the last couple of games. He has good matchups against bad teams like the Hawks & the Rockets coming up.

He's hot garbage. I am guessing everyone dropped. 

Garland is on automatic right now. 3's, easy assists to Allen, and a floater in his arsenal. Thread's gonna go quiet until he has an off night and the trolls will tell you to drop.

• Like 3

Wasn't he Top50 before going down ? 

Memory eludes me managing numerous teams.  But he was balling I know that much

Counting stats + %'s are exceptional  

You're getting elite point guard production for basically a freebie on draft night. 

I think we all hit it out the park with this pick. You love to see it

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

It was so nice when he was grabbing over 3 rebounds per game in those first six games of the year. Oh well, I can’t complain about his production.

He was getting quite a few but let's be real he's not talented there. Sometimes the ball will just reb will luckily bounce to you for a stretch, especially depending on how many 3's and the FG% the opponents take. 3's have a chance of rebounding further for guards to grab.

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Wasn't he Top50 before going down ? 

Memory eludes me managing numerous teams.  But he was balling I know that much

Counting stats + %'s are exceptional  

You're getting elite point guard production for basically a freebie on draft night. 

I think we all hit it out the park with this pick. You love to see it

People seem to be missing this part. It's not like you spent a mid-round pick to get him. In both leagues I have him in, he was drafted in the last couple of rounds, and then dropped. I spent nothing to get him - free pickup after he cleared waivers. This free pickup is now giving me 16/2/5 with 2 triples, 1.1 steals on 45/89 shooting - those are pretty good numbers even for someone you draft in the middle rounds. For reference, those are pretty close to Mike Conley's numbers - 16/3/6 on 44/82 splits. 

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

higher volume, high floor sato from a few years ago.

as ur 4th pg in most situations he is free gold.

Exactly he should be your 3rd or 4th PG, in which case your absolutely crushing that department.

Have him paired with Trae Young + Dejounte Murray . Garland & Haliburton my 3 & 4 point guards.  *CSB 

Honestly i’m surprised by the FG% bump this season, since I had him last year as well.

So I’m very high on the kid, I figured his scoring and dimes would go up, but his efficiency I didn’t expect.

It’s a welcome sight nonetheless, and he’s turned into quite the thief as well.

Consistent steals from your point guard is huge. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Exactly he should be your 3rd or 4th PG, in which case your absolutely crushing that department.

Have him paired with Trae Young + Dejounte Murray . Garland & Haliburton my 3 & 4 point guards.  *CSB 

Honestly i’m surprised by the FG% bump this season, since I had him last year as well.

So I’m very high on the kid, I figured his scoring and dimes would go up, but his efficiency I didn’t expect.

Yeah he's actually my 5th pg after curry, Westbrook, Conley and lamelo and as the final pg he's putting up excellent numbers 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

yea hes acutally my pg2 and i have had no problems (guess booker doesnt have pg)

those steals have been money. him and clarkson are really thriving with those steals recently

hope it continues tonight and we get a nice 6-8 t/o game from trae.

9 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

yea hes acutally my pg2 and i have had no problems (guess booker doesnt have pg)

those steals have been money. him and clarkson are really thriving with those steals recently

hope it continues tonight and we get a nice 6-8 t/o game from trae.

Don’t talk crazy , I have Trae 🥺