NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darius Garland 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garland better start learning from MCW so he can pass your eye test.

You mean the one bad game he's had this entire season?

Not sure I can get behind a lot of this hype. 

I owned him last year in a deep league. He's gun shy often. He'll have increased assists this year, but I don't expect 15 PPG this year. I can see Sexton being closer to 20 shots a game with garland being closer to 10.

Watched the game, my big question is WTF is Drummond doing? He's legit trying to become a worse Blake Griffin which could hurt garland assist numbers. 

Drummond was posting up and wasn't even close then one play he got rebound,went coast to coast and airballed contested layup / hook thing. 

If drum can get back to bring an exclusive rim finisher garland can have great dime numbers, but without that he might be just a deep league guy. 

13-15 / 2 / 5

Probably can get that on the wire. 

Last night was great tho, so if he's available just add and see, but I think his 20 point games gonna be few and far between. 

5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

13-15 / 2 / 5

In a regular ol' Yahoo 12- team league, the guards on the wire who they project to get 4-5 assists:

Satoransky

TJ Mcconnell

Rondo

Ty Jones

Ish Smith

Some of these guys don't even get minutes.

Darius Garland had to be the easiest Christmas Eve scoop ever. We (his previous owners and scoopers) know that 22/6/6 is his high water mark, probably for the season. But 15 & 5 is WW gold in a standard 12-team. Throw in that he was the 5th pick last year, gets 30+ min a game, there's multiple videos in this thread of his improvement on toughness at the rim and willingness to shoot the 3... he is going to help a lot of people out when Kyrie rests on a B2B or gets hurt, or when the Teague wheels fall off or until Killian Hayes gets out of his cocoon or when Brogdon misses 20 games with a groin strain or ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

In a regular ol' Yahoo 12- team league, the guards on the wire who they project to get 4-5 assists:

Satoransky

TJ Mcconnell

Rondo

Ty Jones

Ish Smith

Some of these guys don't even get minutes.

Darius Garland had to be the easiest Christmas Eve scoop ever. We (his previous owners and scoopers) know that 22/6/6 is his high water mark, probably for the season. But 15 & 5 is WW gold in a standard 12-team. Throw in that he was the 5th pick last year, gets 30+ min a game, there's multiple videos in this thread of his improvement on toughness at the rim and willingness to shoot the 3... he is going to help a lot of people out when Kyrie rests on a B2B or gets hurt, or when the Teague wheels fall off or until Killian Hayes gets out of his cocoon or when Brogdon misses 20 games with a groin strain or ...

I'm in a 12x15 league. 

It's available early in the season normally, but I do agree with you that once we get a few weeks into the season it's not any longer without bad injuries, trades or roster shakeups, but everyone is fighting for those. 

And if you're in a less deep league my belief is it's even more available early in the year. Heck, most of y'all are saying you just got him, so that kind of shows it's available on the wire... 

He was drafted in my league and likely won't be dropped.  

8 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

12x15

Heck, most of y'all are saying you just got him, so that kind of shows it's available on the wire... 

He was about 45-50% owned in 12x13 Yahoo leagues. He was "available" on the wire in some cases post-draft because people gambled on Lamelo, Hayes, etc. I will venture a guess no other PG with top 5 pick pedigree surfaces on 12x13 wires again. He was "it". Maybe Rondo is a godsend in March if Trae pulls a hammy or Satoransky has 2 weeks of relevance in April if Coby White has Covid but I don't see another "Garland" on the wire. Some leagues just didn't like the low FG% and low AST% as a freshman and rather bet on the rookies. But the sophomore step-up is a helluva drug. There is no DJ Augustin this year IMO.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

He was about 45-50% owned in 12x13 Yahoo leagues. He was "available" on the wire in some cases post-draft because people gambled on Lamelo, Hayes, etc. I will venture a guess no other PG with top 5 pick pedigree surfaces on 12x13 wires again. He was "it". Maybe Rondo is a godsend in March if Trae pulls a hammy or Satoransky has 2 weeks of relevance in April if Coby White has Covid but I don't see another "Garland" on the wire. Some leagues just didn't like the low FG% and low AST% as a freshman and rather bet on the rookies. But the sophomore step-up is a helluva drug. There is no DJ Augustin this year IMO.

You sure you don't want to engage in some masochism with Elfrid instead? 😛

59 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Not sure I can get behind a lot of this hype. 

I owned him last year in a deep league. He's gun shy often. He'll have increased assists this year, but I don't expect 15 PPG this year. I can see Sexton being closer to 20 shots a game with garland being closer to 10.

Watched the game, my big question is WTF is Drummond doing? He's legit trying to become a worse Blake Griffin which could hurt garland assist numbers. 

Drummond was posting up and wasn't even close then one play he got rebound,went coast to coast and airballed contested layup / hook thing. 

If drum can get back to bring an exclusive rim finisher garland can have great dime numbers, but without that he might be just a deep league guy. 

13-15 / 2 / 5

Last night was great tho, so if he's available just add and see, but I think his 20 point games gonna be few and far between. 

Almost everyone is literally pretty much getting him on the wire LOL. Also, how many players are averaging 15/5 floating around on the wire? 

11 hours ago, fabrar said:

Almost everyone is literally pretty much getting him on the wire LOL. Also, how many players are averaging 15/5 floating around on the wire? 

FT% is solid as well , and taking more attempts this season.

Theres alot to like here ..  + a steal a game not too shabby for a point guard. If that FG% stays high , ohh man watch out.

I personally thing he can average 16/6 on good-great percentages. 

I'm going to root with all my might that this dude outranks ADP 80 Eric Bledsoe 15/4/5 (ranked 96 last year on BBM) at the end of the year on BBM. Lord knows he is funner to watch. Can you imagine getting a funner Bledsoe off the wire in week 1?

• Like 1
On 12/24/2020 at 11:32 AM, My Dinner With Andre said:

Sorry but this comment bothers me. What is he, a chicken sandwich? 🤣

Hahaha! I was talking with friends in a group chat and that's exactly what our conversation turned into when we were talking about Garland's game that evening. I was craving fried chicken LOL

9 hours ago, bbythepier said:

I'm going to root with all my might that this dude outranks ADP 80 Eric Bledsoe 15/4/5 (ranked 96 last year on BBM) at the end of the year on BBM. Lord knows he is funner to watch. Can you imagine getting a funner Bledsoe off the wire in week 1?

Gotta believe Bledsoe steal numbers should be substantially higher, although last year they were pretty pedestrian. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Darius Garland 2020-2021 Outlook