NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darius Garland 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garland better start learning from MCW so he can pass your eye test.

You mean the one bad game he's had this entire season?

Just now, dragonballz said:

you guys selling high? 

Not a bad idea. Think he'll average 20 & 10 all year? Maybe if cavs blow up the roster, but wouldn't hurt to test the market and see if you can flip him for someone above his weight class while the iron's hot

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

you guys selling high? 

Selling high for what exactly? It's impossible to get proper value for waiver pickups. I'd rather just ride him to the end, or at least until I get an offer.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fabrar said:

Selling high for what exactly? It's impossible to get proper value for waiver pickups. I'd rather just ride him to the end, or at least until I get an offer.

better just keep him! he showed flahses of irving when he was in college!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, fabrar said:

The real move is to keep Garland and sell one of your other PGs that has name value.

• Like 1

Garland is looking great. When he came down court with ball in OT and pulled up and hit that 3 I started thinking this dude does NOT look like the gun shy guy from last season. 

He was drafted so I never had a chance, but I'm starting to question my previous statement being bearish on him. 

Still haven't come all the way though, but I doubt he's available in any leagues anyway. 

1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Still haven't come all the way though, but I doubt he's available in any leagues anyway. 

Not in any of my $$ leagues (all 12T).  If people are after him, the asking price is shooting up fast after these first two games.  

This may be a buy-high situation with nobody to challenge for minutes in CLE.  

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

i dunno he looks good on Youtube...

I get that. As someone said, the big difference is that he's got an Andre Drummond inside - who actually makes the entire CLE roster better.

But I still don't see him making a huge breakout year compared to Coby White. D Garland would need another year before he can consistently produce 18 PTS and 8 AST. I still see a conservative 14 PTS and 5.5 AST with 1.5 3PTM.

2 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

I get that. As someone said, the big difference is that he's got an Andre Drummond inside - who actually makes the entire CLE roster better.

But I still don't see him making a huge breakout year compared to Coby White. D Garland would need another year before he can consistently produce 18 PTS and 8 AST. I still see a conservative 14 PTS and 5.5 AST with 1.5 3PTM.

Coby White is 🗑 what is the obsession? Garlands teammates said he was the best player in the mini camp and looks like he’s this years Devonte Graham 

I don't have him but he's easily proved everyone wrong for sleeping on him. I had Sexton pegged as the starting PG and start KPJ at the 2, I didn't think they'd do copy what CJ and Dame do (didn't think they were skilled enough for that) but I am very wrong about them. 

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Coby White is 🗑 what is the obsession? Garlands teammates said he was the best player in the mini camp and looks like he’s this years Devonte Graham 

Just overall feels and mindset. DeVonte has swagger and confidence in his game whereas CLE's alpha dog I think is still Sexton. Garland has to coexist his game with the young bull and there are others waiting for opportunties as well - C Osman, Okoro and KPJ once he comes back. Nothing against Garland's game. He's going to improve but I'm not seeing a breakout season just yet.

Coby White is in a more ideal space with Donovan's knack for making the situation better for his younger players. Only thing is Coby is more of a scoring guard rather than a facilitator and I think he's still getting used to all the ball handling and orchestrating the offense.

Just now, wisegeeks said:

Just overall feels and mindset. DeVonte has swagger and confidence in his game whereas CLE's alpha dog I think is still Sexton. Garland has to coexist his game with the young bull and there are others waiting for opportunties as well - C Osman, Okoro and KPJ once he comes back. Nothing against Garland's game. He's going to improve but I'm not seeing a breakout season just yet.

Coby White is in a more ideal space with Donovan's knack for making the situation better for his younger players. Only thing is Coby is more of a scoring guard rather than a facilitator and I think he's still getting used to all the ball handling and orchestrating the offense.

Coby and Devonte are overrated and both are chuckers as well lol.

• Like 1