NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darius Garland 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garland better start learning from MCW so he can pass your eye test.

You mean the one bad game he's had this entire season?

19 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Sexton + Garland are locked in starters & franchise cornerstones. Very fun duo to watch, I caught the game last night.

Everyone not named them, and that's including Drummond should worry about minutes. 

SexLand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

SexLand!

Let's Gooo !!

Sounds crazy I know, but Cleveland is on the right track back to NBA relevancy.

A couple years away but the pieces are definitely there.

• Like 2

K Love definitely has to be shipped away sometime this season.

They're just so much better with a defensive front court of L Nance and A Drummond.

CLE leads 64-50 after 2 quarters.

Nance, Drummond, Osman, Dotson are +10

Garland with 5 AST, haven't watched those assists but my hunch is 2 of them are to Andre

18 hours ago, jay_00 said:

I like him and hope he keeps it up, but he's played against 2 bad teams. He will play against Simmons and the Sixers on tired legs on a back to back tonight after having played 40+ mins the previous night. This will be the first real test for him this year although I certainly won't blame him if he struggles after playing all those minutes and going up against a good defender.

When you get 14 & 7 and 2 swipes against your tough opponent, you know he's going to beast while healthy. He has probably surpassed 80 ADP Eric Bledsoe 15/4/5. He has in my eyes, anyway.

2 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

When you get 14 & 7 and 2 swipes against your tough opponent, you know he's going to beast while healthy. He has probably surpassed 80 ADP Eric Bledsoe 15/4/5. He has in my eyes, anyway.

Yeah Philly is a level above their previous opponents and he still pulled out a really nice line. This kid is for real.

loving him so far, I think as season goes by he will just get better. SO far hes seemed like a triple double threat too. I got an offer of garland for fultz, but i decided to decline because I do think garland can sustain this production. He will prolly have dud games every now and then tho.

10 minutes ago, lillardfan said:

loving him so far, I think as season goes by he will just get better. SO far hes seemed like a triple double threat too. I got an offer of garland for fultz, but i decided to decline because I do think garland can sustain this production. He will prolly have dud games every now and then tho.

Fultz > Garland

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Fultz ADP 85-90, Garland ADP 125-150+

This is why we play the games.

Garland = #17 ranked after 3 games.

Fultz - #81 ranked after 3 games.

Garland > Fultz.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Still not 100% sold yet. Embiid didn't play and almost all the good teams tonight got surprisingly blown out by bad teams. It was a very weird night that I won't read too much into. He looks great but I need more so I can start trading this guy away for top talent because I could use an extra big.

4 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

Still not 100% sold yet. Embiid didn't play and almost all the good teams tonight got surprisingly blown out by bad teams. It was a very weird night that I won't read too much into. He looks great but I need more so I can start trading this guy away for top talent because I could use an extra big.

So you're not sold yet but when you eventually are sold, then you'll trade him because others will then be sold also? You might find your leaguemates have a different "sold" timeline than you. If I were in your league, I would gladly trade you Eric Bledsoe for Garland. But not sure what ADP "legit big man" you might be waiting for, because by the time you are "sold" the slumping big man may be out of his slump.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Garland > Fultz.

I mean I like Garland. But I am just a little suspicious on him shooting 54% all year while also doubling his assists and doubling his steals from last year. Call me crazy.

Personally, I don’t need Fultz to shoot a lot of threes for my team, and Garland will have him on that all year so that might be the thing that keeps Garland ahead of Fultz rank wise all season. But after three games, nothing Fultz is doing is currently unsustainable while Garland is doubling production.

5 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I mean I like Garland. But I am just a little suspicious on him shooting 54% all year while also doubling his assists and doubling his steals from last year. Call me crazy.

Personally, I don’t need Fultz to shoot a lot of threes for my team, and Garland will have him on that all year so that might be the thing that keeps Garland ahead of Fultz rank wise all season. But after three games, nothing Fultz is doing is currently unsustainable while Garland is doubling production.

So suddenly Fultz is Devin Booker from the FT stripe? I'm gonna need a bigger sample, hoss.

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yep find the sleepers, last season was FVV/Ingram, this season is Garland

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Garland > Fultz.

Had no idea we are basing ROS outlook from huge 3 game sample.... 🤣 

8 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

So suddenly Fultz is Devin Booker from the FT stripe? I'm gonna need a bigger sample, hoss.

Hahaha. I actually forgot Fultz was shooting 90% from the line so far. Obviously Fultz won’t be at 90%. Improvement to 80-85% I think could be in play for Fultz tho. He has come a long way from his issues (I will always believe he had the yips).

2 hours ago, bbythepier said:

So you're not sold yet but when you eventually are sold, then you'll trade him because others will then be sold also? You might find your leaguemates have a different "sold" timeline than you. If I were in your league, I would gladly trade you Eric Bledsoe for Garland. But not sure what ADP "legit big man" you might be waiting for, because by the time you are "sold" the slumping big man may be out of his slump.

Jeez, a break out player is only worth Bledsoe? He was borderline top 100 last year and is off to a terrible start this year. The goal is to package a player you got off the wire like Garland for better players. I don't need him. I play roto and I already have Kyrie, VanVleet, Derozan, Sabonis, Nurkic, and Horford as my assist guys, plus Draymond and Schroder on my bench. I'm leading in assists with one of the lowest turnover rates in league. Like I said, when you get these breakout players on a deep team, the goal should be to upgrade.

I already sent out an offer to get Towns since he got injured. The guy declined immediately lol. It was a somewhat fair offer though of Sabonis/Nurk/Garland for Adebayo and Towns. His team was punting ft% and he's also near bottom of standings and is in desperate need of a guard. One month without Towns for a stars and scrubs team in a roto auction league will cost him his season for sure.

37 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

Jeez, a break out player is only worth Bledsoe? He was borderline top 100 last year and is off to a terrible start this year. The goal is to package a player you got off the wire like Garland for better players. I don't need him. I play roto and I already have Kyrie, VanVleet, Derozan, Sabonis, Nurkic, and Horford as my assist guys, plus Draymond and Schroder on my bench. I'm leading in assists with one of the lowest turnover rates in league. Like I said, when you get these breakout players on a deep team, the goal should be to upgrade.

I already sent out an offer to get Towns since he got injured. The guy declined immediately lol. It was a somewhat fair offer though of Sabonis/Nurk/Garland for Adebayo and Towns. His team was punting ft% and he's also near bottom of standings and is in desperate need of a guard. One month without Towns for a stars and scrubs team in a roto auction league will cost him his season for sure.

Somewhat fair? You’re delusional mate.

• Haha 4