NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darius Garland 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, jay_00 said:

Jeez, a break out player is only worth Bledsoe?

It is the poster's responsibility to familiarize themselves with the players thread. I didn't say Garland is only worth Bledsoe. I said he had "surpassed" him in my OP that led to a chain of replies. If you continued to read the thread, some people are not convinced his start is real or "legit".

So good luck on your trade offers. How people value Garland varies.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garland better start learning from MCW so he can pass your eye test.

You mean the one bad game he's had this entire season?

Love this guy. Seems way more confident in Year 2 and the Cavs are easily outperforming expectations early in the season. I can only see him getting better as the season progresses and his touches should go up with KLove out for a few. Only player I see that could affect his outlook is the return of KPJ but I doubt it.

6 hours ago, Kamura said:

Somewhat fair? You’re delusional mate.

Lol gotta take advantage of opportunities. He's at bottom of standings and lost his best player and needs depth badly. I expected a counter offer at the least.

10 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Underrated play from last night. The vision to find Nance, then the seal off of the defender 😍

His playmaking has been super impressive this year. Like a totally different player. That's probably due to the confidence he's playing with now. Also I think a lot of people are still writing him off due to his size but they don't realize how QUICK he is. He's one of the quickest players in the league, up there with Steph and Trae Young. Watch his full game highlights. This is a legit breakout and he's gonna crush his ADP assuming he stays healthy.

Quite possibly the worst 21/2/5, 5 3pt game I have ever seen 😂

All 6 of his TOs were terrible and his -21 stands out like a sore thumb amongst the starters.

But as Herm Edwards said, "You don't play to win the game, you play to get your stats. Hello!? You play to get your stats."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Quite possibly the worst 21/2/5, 5 3pt game I have ever seen 😂

All 6 of his TOs were terrible and his -21 stands out like a sore thumb amongst the starters.

But as Herm Edwards said, "You don't play to win the game, you play to get your stats. Hello!? You play to get your stats."

The guy I drafted with the #130 pick just went 21/5 with 5 3pms on 57%+ shooting. DROP CITY!!!!!!

• Like 4

I think the TO's are ok. The cavs were asleep until the later part of the game and they were trying to push the issue until the team woke up. They might have won too if he did this sooner.

1 minute ago, Cardiak said:

What's going on with this dude?

Coming back to Earth. He was never going to sustain 50% FG (51% from 3).

He will be alright tho. His improvement this year from last (albeit not 50% shooting, double assists, double steals improvement) is real. And the team is building around him with no one coming for his minutes. 

17 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

What's going on with this dude?

Could be an anomaly since it is early, but opposing starting pgs have been shooting 33% against the Hawks (Kyrie twice, Coby White, Killian Hayes). Ja Morant is the only exception, he shot around 48% against them.

10 minutes ago, fabrar said:

You mean the one bad game he's had this entire season?

Fantasy wise, yeah, but his on court performance has been trending down the last few games. 

8 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Fantasy wise, yeah, but his on court performance has been trending down the last few games. 

It’s his first dud what are you complaining about? As someone else mentioned, even Kyrie in 2 games struggled against the hawks It’s all good breathe 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Can you give me some examples of his poor on court performance over the last few games? How many is a few games? Cavs have only played like 6 games.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

It’s his first dud what are you complaining about? As someone else mentioned, even Kyrie in 2 games struggled against the hawks It’s all good breathe 

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm not even talking about fantasy. I'm talking about his efficiency on the court. A lot of turnovers and missed shots.

Edited by Cardiak