NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Patrick Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

Espoiral

3 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Hope someone doesn’t use a waiver pick on him, gonna pick him straight back up if he clears.

He's such a smart player, especially defensively.  Really knows how to rotate and play PnR defense.  Offensively he uses his strength and balance really well.  Shot is evolving, but he's 19.

5 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

I added him earlier of Keldon Johnson.  Hope I made the right choice.

Actually struggling with this dilemma as well. Went with Keldon waiting for waivers to clear on Williams.

I could also drop Burks/Plumlee as well but they seem like more guaranteed locks to produce top-100 value..

Edited by Espoiral

26 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

How do we feel about his potential beyond this game. You guys think he'd have more overall value than Hayes for this year? 

Like that Pwilly is starting and will also get garbage time mins so big win opportunity-wise + actual 2 way talent = roster

Was higher on Vassell tbh but hate his situation.

Hayes on the other hand might be a bit rough since their vets can’t or don’t want to play off the ball IMO

7 hours ago, FantasyMamba said:

How do we feel about his potential beyond this game. You guys think he'd have more overall value than Hayes for this year? 

I dropped hayes to scoop him. Hayes is looking like a post All-star break guy to me whereas pay Williams looks like immediate value

21 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

I'd consider grabbing back Plumlee, if he's still available. Youre looking at about 10/10/2.5/.7/1 as a floor

Yeah it sucks dropping him but he pretty much had the lowest upside on my team. He only really reaches the top-100  in punt 3s/FT. 

Don't think people will be dropping waiver claims on a name like Plumlee anyway.

Just banking on the rare chance he has a Tatum-like rookie season with the chances and opportunity the Bulls are giving him from the get-go. The slot is pretty much gonna be taken over by one of Porz/JJJ coming back from IR if it doesn't work out.

4 minutes ago, Marinshannon said:

I drafted Pat Williams with my last pick - 16 round #151 in my H2H points league... crossing fingers!

Very nice. That’s a steal. I grabbed at 121.  Toes crossed. 

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Patrick Williams 2020-2021 Outlook