Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Patrick Williams 2020-2021 Outlook


Espoiral
 Share

Recommended Posts

We tend to under-rate body control as an athletic attribute and it's probably the single most important attribute for finishing at the rim and in traffic after strength and leaping ability.  If you have all three like Lebron you're unstoppable but if you have two of the three and good enough hops like Butler or Williams you're going to be a good finisher.

Just in love with this kid's game on both ends.  Smooth finisher, knows when to switch defensively and has more than enough overall athleticism.  His handle is better than I expected as well.  He's only really a catch and shoot three guy but with time I'd expect him to expand on that. He could be a star, no doubt.  To come in at his age with a limited camp and play as well as he did last night is impressive.

Edited by laurilegend
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Curious about this as well

I managed to grab both and sadly had to trade one of them away but here is my analysis. 

 

Keldon Johnson currently has more hype right now but i believe he is the one that can fall apart faster. With Pop you just never know what's going to happen and were jumping the gun off one game. Now it doesn't mean he will break down but i believe the risk is higher with Keldon. People are saying Derrick White won't affect him and i have to say that I disagree with that. He won't destroy him but he will impact him in mins. I think people may be sleeping on Lonnie as well atm. The upside is also if Deroxan gets dealt which would be extra juicy for him. But for now id rather have Patty Williams. 

With Patrick Williams he comes in with the perfect NBA ready body and he's a straight up hustler. He's a smart player and hes already starting which is a good sign. There may be more bumps just because he's a rookie but I'm liking him a bit more just because I don't see him falling apart especially with Donovan who wants to play his future young pups. I'm not worried about Otto Porter breathing down his neck since he'll be limited through out the season. A bench role suits him well and im sure theyre looking to deal him which may be difficult unless the Knicks will take any thing haha. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyways I drafted him more as a stash so him starting right off the bat is just beauty and I’m excited to be an owner this year. Does anyone have concerns about less minutes or production when Thad comes back? Any Chicago people know if Thad is even going to be a part of the rotation this year or is this strictly youth movement year? Just curious. I’m excited either way. 
The only he’ll be competing for minutes is Otto and Thad? Is that correct? 

Edited by Bugs bunny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Anyways I drafted him more as a stash so him starting right off the bat is just beauty and I’m excited to be an owner this year. Does anyone have concerns about less minutes or production when Thad comes back? Any Chicago people know if Thad is even going to be a part of the rotation this year or is this strictly youth movement year? Just curious. I’m excited either way. 
The only he’ll be competing for minutes is Otto and Thad? Is that correct? 

 

Thad had a staph infection and missed pretty much a month of conditioning.  I'm not expecting him to be in basketball shape anytime soon.  Scary situation honestly and glad he beat the infection.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Austin_Rivers said:

I managed to grab both and sadly had to trade one of them away but here is my analysis. 

 

Keldon Johnson currently has more hype right now but i believe he is the one that can fall apart faster. With Pop you just never know what's going to happen and were jumping the gun off one game. Now it doesn't mean he will break down but i believe the risk is higher with Keldon. People are saying Derrick White won't affect him and i have to say that I disagree with that. He won't destroy him but he will impact him in mins. I think people may be sleeping on Lonnie as well atm. The upside is also if Deroxan gets dealt which would be extra juicy for him. But for now id rather have Patty Williams. 

With Patrick Williams he comes in with the perfect NBA ready body and he's a straight up hustler. He's a smart player and hes already starting which is a good sign. There may be more bumps just because he's a rookie but I'm liking him a bit more just because I don't see him falling apart especially with Donovan who wants to play his future young pups. I'm not worried about Otto Porter breathing down his neck since he'll be limited through out the season. A bench role suits him well and im sure theyre looking to deal him which may be difficult unless the Knicks will take any thing haha. 

 

I'm skeptical of Lonnie's sudden 3 point shot. We'll see, but if he isn't able to maintain it, who else besides White & Keldon can space the floor & defend? Lonnie isn't adding much if his shot isn't on that Murray / Derozan can't do better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, worldclass said:

 

I'm skeptical of Lonnie's sudden 3 point shot. We'll see, but if he isn't able to maintain it, who else besides White & Keldon can space the floor & defend? Lonnie isn't adding much if his shot isn't on that Murray / Derozan can't do better.

Rudy Gay is basically a floor spacing 4 who can defend.  Depends if Pop wants to embrace the youth movement while potentially sacrificing wins.  I don't know why Spurs wouldn't do that especially with the roster they have but that hasn't been the Spurs/Pops M.O in the past.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tonycpsu changed the title to Patrick Williams 2020-2021 Outlook
1 hour ago, indigorivers said:

im holding . I want to see if he starts hitting 3s atleast. good stocks good fts. I like what i'm seeing. 

Yeah he looks great out there. I’m excited. Us patient guys will be rewarded handsomely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had to drop him.. I watched the games.. he just kind of stands around the 3 pt line, doesn't get involved offensively. Doesn't seem to drive in, post up, gets what's given to him. That's it. Maybe good towards the middle/end of season.

 

This CHI team stinks.. like watching a pick up game lol

Had to drop him.. I watched the games.. he just kind of stands around the 3 pt line, doesn't get involved offensively. Doesn't seem to drive in, post up, gets what's given to him. That's it. Maybe good towards the middle/end of season.

 

This CHI team stinks.. like watching a pick up game lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maxim730 said:

Had to drop him.. I watched the games.. he just kind of stands around the 3 pt line, doesn't get involved offensively. Doesn't seem to drive in, post up, gets what's given to him. That's it. Maybe good towards the middle/end of season.

 

+1

I'm in a dynasty so it's a tough call but in H2H I need all of the guys on my roster to produce.

Watched him yesterday vs. GSW and on 90% of possessions he just stands in the corner and never touches the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

absolutely making a giant mistake in dynasty. you're gonna regret this when the guy you picked up for him is inconsistent too and this guy comes around

30 minutes ago, alexstr said:

 

+1

I'm in a dynasty so it's a tough call but in H2H I need all of the guys on my roster to produce.

Watched him yesterday vs. GSW and on 90% of possessions he just stands in the corner and never touches the ball.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why is everyone thinking of dropping this kid? He has been great in the stocks department through his first 3 games. They will almost assuredly dump OPJ before the trade deadline and the minutes will only go up as the season progresses. He's in contention for ROTY and I assume he is only going to get better. HOLD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hlin8821 said:

Why is everyone thinking of dropping this kid? He has been great in the stocks department through his first 3 games. They will almost assuredly dump OPJ before the trade deadline and the minutes will only go up as the season progresses. He's in contention for ROTY and I assume he is only going to get better. HOLD.

 

Quiet you!  I haven't seen him dropped in enough of my leagues yet.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...