NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is getting plenty of minutes, in both starting and backup units, and is delivering. Just has skills, motor, and pace. I love that he plays within his skillset, forcing nothing. He is aggressi

I know it has been on and off, but it is back on now. Otto Porter is out indefinitely with back spasms, and his fat expiring contract is trade bait. As you all know, Patty and his grown man body

We tend to under-rate body control as an athletic attribute and it's probably the single most important attribute for finishing at the rim and in traffic after strength and leaping ability.  If you ha

7 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Strong hold if you have the slot IMO. 

Disagree. 

In redraft leagues, he is definitely not a strong hold. Especially for standard 12-14 team leagues and below. He's going to have A LOT of ugly boxscores. The only saving grace is that Chicago looks bad, so there is no reason he should lose minutes to Porter/Young. 

As for deeper leagues, well, we're desperate. He's not going to shoot enough to really impact your team fg% and he's guaranteed 20-25 minutes per night. 

45 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

patience... i wanna see more stocks tho

I thought he should have been credited with a block early.  That said, tonight was a positive night for him.  He's emotionless which can rub some people the wrong way but for the 2nd youngest player in the draft he looks really impressive.  He doesn't look out of place starting on a (granted bad) NBA team.

3 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Anyone know if he gets more minutes with a Markannen injury?

He's already getting plenty of minutes as a starter/rookie TBH. So I don't think his minutes will go up a lot, but hopefully this gets him more offensive opportunities. 

I drafted him in a dynasty later than he deserved and I'm PSYCHED, but I may start benching him soon to see if he gets more aggressive. I have high confidence he will be an absolute stud, but it might not come this year with all the offensive minded players in the starting lineup with him. I honestly wouldn't mind him playing more with the second unit at this point.

6 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

This guys minutes seem to be trending down.  I bet he gets benched soon.

He doesn't look bad but he's still a 19 year 4 month old rookie on a team that suddenly has a shitload of good depth at the 3/4 with Thad and Porter looking good.  Trending down minutes wise.  I dropped him earlier today for Holmes, easy decision.  That said, def worth keeping an eye on Williams ROS.

8 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

He doesn't look bad but he's still a 19 year 4 month old rookie on a team that suddenly has a shitload of good depth at the 3/4 with Thad and Porter looking good.  Trending down minutes wise.  I dropped him earlier today for Holmes, easy decision.  That said, def worth keeping an eye on Williams ROS.

how on earth was holmes available

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

he's getting more minutes and getting stocks in hist last game. Any thoughts on a trend upwards? If he starts increasing his fg%, he may be potentially a good starter on a roster.

Unfortunately there's too much of a logjam at the forward position for me to think he's going to have any value anytime soon. OPJ is coming on, Lauri's been hurt, Thad Young is also in the picture. On top of that you have usage hogs like Coby White and Zach LaVine that soak up a lot of touches and aren't good facilitator's. The kid has potential, but I think it's going to be a while before he's relevant in 12'ers and less. I'm holding him at this point only because he has more upside than what's on my wire at the moment, but he's definitely on the cut list. 

Love the stocks (future potential of 2.5+ is mouth watering) and shooting numbers, but can anyone who watches the Bulls tell me where in the world the rebounds are? Dude is tall and super athletic -- figured he would fall into 5 per game at the very least if he got starter's minutes. 3 is an eyesore given he's playing nearly 27 mpg. Does he just hang around the perimeter on D and not crash the glass at all?

3 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Love the stocks (future potential of 2.5+ is mouth watering) and shooting numbers, but can anyone who watches the Bulls tell me where in the world the rebounds are? Dude is tall and super athletic -- figured he would fall into 5 per game at the very least if he got starter's minutes. 3 is an eyesore given he's playing nearly 27 mpg. Does he just hang around the perimeter on D and not crash the glass at all?

They have him glued on the opposing teams biggest perimeter threat (Kawhi today, Lebron the other day etc) on D and hanging around the corners on O. The blocks come from weak side help.

Noticed that most of his shots come from kick-outs or in transition.

Basically he’s not in position to really rebound as he’s busy contesting shots and getting back on D 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Mikhov said:

They have him glued on the opposing teams biggest perimeter threat (Kawhi today, Lebron the other day etc) on D and hanging around the corners on O. The blocks come from weak side help.

Noticed that most of his shots come from kick-outs or in transition.

Basically he’s not in position to really rebound as he’s busy contesting shots and getting back on D 

Bulls fan here and this post is absolutely true. He's the 5th option on offense when the starting unit is on the floor. They're just putting him on the perimeter and letting Coby/Zach kick out to him when they drive. The 3pt% is a nice surprise. Last 2 games, they've also tasked him guarding LeBron and Kawhi 1on1 with minimal help. He got torched on quite a few possessions, but overall did fine for a 19 year old on future HOFs.

As long as he doesn't hit the rookie wall too hard, I see those rebound numbers ticking up when we get into March, as his responsibilities on the floor will get bigger.

1 hour ago, TheBoondocks said:

Damn his shot is smooth. Literally everything is all net

Looks poised out there. Love the high arching shot. I think he can make a move second half of season.