NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Williams 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is getting plenty of minutes, in both starting and backup units, and is delivering. Just has skills, motor, and pace. I love that he plays within his skillset, forcing nothing. He is aggressi

We tend to under-rate body control as an athletic attribute and it's probably the single most important attribute for finishing at the rim and in traffic after strength and leaping ability.  If you ha

On the door it says Patrick Williams. 

15 hours ago, Mikhov said:

They have him glued on the opposing teams biggest perimeter threat (Kawhi today, Lebron the other day etc) on D and hanging around the corners on O. The blocks come from weak side help.

Noticed that most of his shots come from kick-outs or in transition.

Basically he’s not in position to really rebound as he’s busy contesting shots and getting back on D 

Good to know. Was afraid he was getting bullied near the hoop and losing basically every REB battle.

Also have to echo what people are saying about his shot. Really pretty. Looks like he was taught to shoot by that one old dude at the Y you always see that never gets his shot blocked and hustles you for money betting whether he can swish 10 straight free throws.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sorta wondering how OPJ and Markannen eventually affect his minutes, esp without OT tonight.

I really like the excellent %s and potential for 1-1-1 with treys and stocks, as well as CHI's incentive to develop a high lotto pick on a rebuilding team.  

9 minutes ago, MWon said:

Sorta wondering how OPJ and Markannen eventually affect his minutes, esp without OT tonight.

I really like the excellent %s and potential for 1-1-1 with treys and stocks, as well as CHI's incentive to develop a high lotto pick on a rebuilding team.  

Lauri played tonight, for 35 full minutes. OPJ is likely to be traded. Chicago has incentive to play their lottery pick.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Lauri played tonight, for 35 full minutes. OPJ is likely to be traded. Chicago has incentive to play their lottery pick.

True they drafted Patrick to take over that spot, but I don't see the Bulls easily trading OPJ and his fat salary this season. 

I love him and his potential, but the concerns of him being a 5th option on offense is still there, no?

He's had some inconsistent showings and disappearing acts throughout the season which means he's on quite a few 12 team waiver wires.

1 minute ago, Espoiral said:

I love him and his potential, but the concerns of him being a 5th option on offense is still there, no?

He's had some inconsistent showings and disappearing acts throughout the season which means he's on quite a few 12 team waiver wires.

He's holding on to 12th round value thanks to his efficiency.

• Like 1
On 1/16/2021 at 1:05 PM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

This guy is getting plenty of minutes, in both starting and backup units, and is delivering. Just has skills, motor, and pace. I love that he plays within his skillset, forcing nothing. He is aggressive going for blocks and steals. He has a smooth stroke from 3.

He has the Hornrimmed_Rambis seal of approval. 

Also, he looks big. Bigger than WCJ.

The Rambis seal is all I need.

Grabbed in multiple leagues

• Thanks 1

Picking up for the B2B (Second time since the start of the season).

Kid yippy have extra moves at the end of the week, I recommend streaming guys like Williams in these scenarios as you may just get lucky and he breaks out while he's on your roster.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Em-City said:

... aaaand he comes up short with no stocks 😕

It was disappointing. How valuable he will be this year will rise or fall based on stocks. He has shown flashes but has not been able to do it consistently thus far.

The one mitigating circumstance is he got into foul trouble early because he was guarding Luka and that limited his minutes.

• Like 2

He did a great job on Luka in the first half, then had to sit with 3 fouls. Only then did Luka go off.

This guy's man defense was smothering. He is a good reason why Chicago won the game. He will be up and down but is a long term hold.

• Thanks 1

Acquired in a trade in my dynasty league after i watched the Bulls first 4 games.

I'm considering keeping at the end of the season at the expense of guys like OG Anunby or PJ Washington. Still plenty of time to evaluate and decide but the feeling is here.

5 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Sorry, all. Since I gave him my stamp of approval, he has s*cked. 

It's like the Sports Illustrated cover curse.

Dropped, will monitor when the youth movement begins in the Chi.