NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook

Drafted to the Knicks at #25. This dude made 144 of 156 free throws last year at Kentucky (92.3% on 5.2 attempts per game), and shot 42.8% on threes.

Tonight: 21 points, 3 threes, 5 assists, 5 steals, and (oddly) 2 missed free throws.

He's totaled 13 assists in just 63 NBA preseason minutes, after totaling only 100 assists in 1672 minutes at Kentucky.

So what's the deal?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

Thanks for starting a thread for Quickley. I posted this in the Deep Sleeper thread:

Kid looks super-legit. I know it’s only a preseason game vs a depleted Cavs team, but Quickley was fun to watch tonight. He’s got great energy and court vision, gets his teammates involved, plays solid D, and has a great-looking shot. Contagious personality and spirit on the floor as well. With the mediocre talent the Knicks have at PG, wouldn’t be surprised if Thibs gives Quickley plenty of burn sooner rather than later. I can see the rook becoming the team’s PG1 at some point this season. 

Edited by jnormy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

Against the Cavs.....

Yeah but they played against them last game too, and look how shot Payton performed. Quickley did better than the other guards. You just have to be better than this level of guards to shine on the Knicks...

16 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Title should of mentioned Dyansty leagues only or 30 team leagues.

Why? Threads about older players with little to no future value don’t say “redraft leagues only.”

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, jnormy said:

Why? Threads about older players with little to no future value don’t say “redraft leagues only.”

FWIW they do say 2020-2021 season outlook. 

Thus the implication of bearing on the current fantasy season. 

Y'all dynasty people do you though, doesn't bother me at all. 

6 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

FWIW they do say 2020-2021 season outlook. 

Thus the implication of bearing on the current fantasy season. 

Y'all dynasty people do you though, doesn't bother me at all. 

So again I ask, why does it need any other disclaimer? Anyone who knows basketball can figure out where the discussion will go just from the players’ name. The title doesn’t have to be an instruction manual. 

Besides, how a rookie or young player performs during the 2020-2021 season absolutely has a bearing for managers in deeper or dynasty leagues. And on a team bereft of PG talent, Quickley does have a real chance for value at some point this season, even with Thibs coaching. 

• Like 1

as a Knicks fan it will piss me off if he isn't given a chance to run the show almost immediately. Payton has been around long enough to know who he is, which is decent but limited by bad shooting (which is particularly a problem with this Knicks roster). DSJ has shown us nothing. Frenchie had his chances. 

• Like 1

I love the Quickley pick for the Knicks. But Payton has the starting spot and DSJ lingering for minutes. That makes it a tough call for Thibs to get Quickley meaningful minutes. Hoping Thibs has sound rotations but who knows. Quickley is still on the wire in my 18-teamer but I'm watching closely.

• Like 1

This year it's gonna take a month or two for Thibs to give every young guard a try (and ultimately fail) Also helps Knicks tank. After that, it will Quickley become his time and good stats except for rebs.

If someone picks him up and your league is not deep, I am guessing they might get impatient and drop him.

• Like 1

Point guards who can shoot and look to shoot usually perform well for Thibs: Nate Robinson, Aaron Brooks, DJ Augustin

I think Quickley will still have work to do if he wants to overtake Payton, but he does fit the archetype of the type of PG who can do well under Thibs

I know that risk can be justified, but it is really too early to make some conclusions. I surely don't add him if I don't see some evidence from regular season, not preseason. Why do you want all the time to decide so Quickley (I mean quickly)?

Edited by apatas
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook