Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, python3 said:

He passed off to Noel for a 3, with the shot clock running down.  That should do it for the day

Yeah I didn't understand that play. Thibs was like "I've seen enough". Especially with Orlando on a 14-3 run.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, rush007 said:

You mean you'll hope Payton gets injured? That's petty, man.

Payton is trash. I don't know what more Quickley has to do to for Thibs to trust him. It's clear who the best PG is on the team and it's not even close. So I'll be petty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was just unlucky that Knicks got destroyed while Quickley was in, and Elf actually decided to play today. IQ def looks like the better talent, just gonna take some patience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding. 

Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are one of the worst teams in the league and the knicks still might lose (fingers crossed)

We know IQ can ball. The problem is Thibs. As long as the coach stays, this will be a bumpy ride.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just love this kind of a discussion. Every time it is the same thing. The underdog player coming off the bench is better and the coach is to blame and the starting guy is washed up. Then it goes on and on and on... When there are good games everyone cockrides and when it goes bad there is always an excuse.

Quickley got the quick hook as he made couple of a bad shot selections and was not stellar on D. Simple as that. Either way he would not be as good starting. Barrett and Randle suck the air out of the ball before they pass it. He would have tough time converting the success he has off the bench to starting AND playing against better comp. Just let the rookie kid play off the bench for 15-23 minutes a night and here and there more if the game gets out of hand.

Edited by JormaJormala
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

Payton is trash. I don't know what more Quickley has to do to for Thibs to trust him. It's clear who the best PG is on the team and it's not even close. So I'll be petty.

So what, because he's not playing you'll be wishing a young player gets injured? Are you the guy who wrote to Myles Turner's instagram that he's not respecting him because Myles is not playing and that's bad for his fantasy team? Same vibes lol. Get a grip.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rush007 said:

So what, because he's not playing you'll be wishing a young player gets injured? Are you the guy who wrote to Myles Turner's instagram that he's not respecting him because Myles is not playing and that's bad for his fantasy team? Same vibes lol. Get a grip.

I touched a nerve 🤣 relax!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thibs had pretty strong history to not playing rookies and tends to over play his guys. His pecking order might be behind Burks, Rivers and Payton. Not super high on him at the moment. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re grabbing IQ looking for an immediate starter then sorry to disappoint. He’s a hold/ streaming option depending on league size. 
All previous comments in this thread apply when evaluating IQ (Rookie, Thibs, Elf, minutes) 

Im holding and will just let his situation play out.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

I touched a nerve 🤣 relax!

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying.

It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Edited by darkyume
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cucubing said:

Thibs had pretty strong history to not playing rookies and tends to over play his guys. His pecking order might be behind Burks, Rivers and Payton. Not super high on him at the moment. 

It was noted that during the game either Barrett or Randle was leading the league in minutes.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I just love this kind of a discussion. Every time it is the same thing. The underdog player coming off the bench is better and the coach is to blame and the starting guy is washed up. Then it goes on and on and on... When there are good games everyone cockrides and when it goes bad there is always an excuse.

Quickley got the quick hook as he made couple of a bad shot selections and was not stellar on D. Simple as that. Either way he would not be as good starting. Barrett and Randle suck the air out of the ball before they pass it. He would have tough time converting the success he has off the bench to starting AND playing against better comp. Just let the rookie kid play off the bench for 15-23 minutes a night and here and there more if the game gets out of hand.

This seems accurate. I'm hoping he continues to come off bench similar to how Boucher has been used, and getting closer to 25 minutes would be awesome. Better usage with the second unit than with the starters, as you mention.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

Not wishing for injury but I am hoping Thibs puts Elf on the shelf.

They are winning more games than usual and won today. I agree with everyone that Quickley looks like a stud but Thibs will do what he can to win games. That said, I still think gradually Quickly will get more minutes and if the knicks start losing a lot, then he will probably change starting lineup as well. Either way he is a strong hold in 12+ leagues because there will be no wire guard that can provide ROS value like Quickley can

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

People need to pump the brakes and be real. He's a rookie, making rookie mistakes. Still a bit rough. I'm holding because he has decent output, but I think it will get too crowded for minutes eventually. Also NY is winning games, so there won't be too much experimenting while that lasts. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bolletrie said:

People need to pump the brakes and be real. He's a rookie, making rookie mistakes. Still a bit rough. I'm holding because he has decent output, but I think it will get too crowded for minutes eventually. Also NY is winning games, so there won't be too much experimenting while that lasts. 

He's one of the top 3 reasons Knicks are winning Amesbury, we'd be lost without him. You pump the brakes

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bolletrie said:

People need to pump the brakes and be real. He's a rookie, making rookie mistakes. Still a bit rough. I'm holding because he has decent output, but I think it will get too crowded for minutes eventually. Also NY is winning games, so there won't be too much experimenting while that lasts. 

Make sure you hold him. Payton is inconsistent and Thibodeau has continued to say that no lineup is solidified yet. IQ is the only PG in NYK that attacks the rim and has the ability to actually score, drive/dish, and hit the 3. His defense is OK but, like you said, he’s a rookie. Better to see how he evolves and how the situation in NYK plays out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...