NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, 80version said:

People worried that IQ has to contend with Elf for minutes might want to remind themselves how many times EP has gotten injured over the past few years.  I’ve lost count. 

I was about to say the same thing.  Payton has been injury prone along with Burks and some of the other guards.  I think in time, and not saying right now, this kid will be getting more consistent minutes.  He's more of an investment right now.  The payoff is not right now.  I don't know why people make such a big deal with whether someone starts or not. You don't get any extra in fantasy if your player starts or comes off the bench.  He is probably best served to be on the second team and learn the ropes first.  I think we will have a better idea when he is ready to make a jump if he is consistently in the closing minutes of close games.  I think the Knicks quick start is more likely a mirage and there will likely be more garbage minutes for him to play in in addition.

Edited by The Analyst
missed a point
26 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

I don't know why people make such a big deal with whether someone starts or not. You don't get any extra in fantasy if your player starts or comes off the bench. 

Starters generally get guaranteed minutes, and more minutes generally means more production. Go and count the number of bench players in the top 75 and that should clear things up for you. 

If someone wants to invest in a rookie stash then that’s fine, but having a starting gig reduces risk and increases reward for said investment. 

6 minutes ago, 80version said:

He’s looked bad.  Trigger happy and putting himself in tough spots handling the ball.  He’s a drop for me.. 

Trigger happy but attempted 2 shots? 🤔

8 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

For those who are dropping can you state how many teams are in your league? 8/10 or Taco?

14 teamer

edit i’ll give him til tom since its a b2b haha

Edited by iowncrazyhair
1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

For those who are dropping can you state how many teams are in your league? 8/10 or Taco?

Dudes averaging 10 PPG with damn near 0 REB of AST on 40% shooting. Lmao why you acting like this dude a good hold?

• Like 3

Burks killed his role in this team. Knicks is playing to win and Thibs trusts his veterans. No value whatsoever left. Its OVER.

• Like 2

I'm no expert, but I watched the game and this guy just doesn't look NBA ready quite yet. He looks kinda nervous when he first enters the game and then seems to start feeling comfortable.  Not sure we can blame Thibs for not giving him burn, especially when they're winning with Payton out there. I also don't think Payton is as big of a bum as these forums make him out to be either. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, 80version said:

As in dribbling into a 26’ 3PA early in the shot clock (which wasn’t close).  

Yup.  Knew he was a drop as soon as he took that shot.  Payton is playing solid for Thibs (defense) and the Knicks are winning.  The leash will be tight on Quickley for now.  

Looks like defense is going to carry the Knicks into playoffs this year... Which means they are gonna play bullock and Burkes for the experience. Surprisingly I no longer think they can go back into tank mode. 

Quickley gonna stay around the 12 min range unfortunately. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Dunno if he’s a hold for today bc Payton just played 37 min last night and bound to play a lot of minutes again tonight. When’s the last time Payton didn’t miss like 4 weeks with a hamstring injury?

Just drop him... not sure why you're holding onto him... unless you're in super deep 14 or 16 team leagues.

2 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Just drop him... not sure why you're holding onto him... unless you're in super deep 14 or 16 team leagues.

Bc I got the W cinched up this week so I can wait and see and don’t need to activate the guys on my IL yet. I the wire is bare AF... Nunn is the most productive out there are Bazley is the one with most upside. 

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Bc I got the W cinched up this week so I can wait and see and don’t need to activate the guys on my IL yet. I the wire is bare AF... Nunn is the most productive out there are Bazley is the one with most upside. 

Rather have a spot open to stream than holding into this guy. Lezbehonest.

3 hours ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Upside. Unless you need the immediate streamer production to win your week and stay in the playoff race, it makes sense to hold on to guys with upside for a bit. That's all you should be shooting for mid-season anyway. 

28 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Upside. Unless you need the immediate streamer production to win your week and stay in the playoff race, it makes sense to hold on to guys with upside for a bit. That's all you should be shooting for mid-season anyway. 

He has no upside as long as Payton is there lol. Not happening this year especially with Burks back lol.

Edited by RAGINGROOSTER
6 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

He has no upside as long as Payton is there lol. Not happening this year especially with Burks back lol.

Upside as in "potential upside", not saying with certainty that he'll reach there. A few potential factors are involved: A Payton injury (who played only 50 games per season last 3 seasons), NYK falling out of playoff race, or covid taking out half of the team, which helped a lot of fringe guys around the league. That said, if there's a guy with similar upside on the wire (e.g. Lamb), I wouldn't hesitate to drop him.