NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, bolletrie said:

Could also imply he sees himself as mostly a scorer. A walking bucket type player. 

It could, if he didn’t specifically mention the part about being a spark off the bench immediately before. You have to infer meaning from context and that’s the only context he gave. 

Also, he chose to emphasize Lou Will instead of McCollum in support of that 6th man argument. 

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

It could, if he didn’t specifically mention the part about being a spark off the bench immediately before. You have to infer meaning from context and that’s the only context he gave. 

Also, he chose to emphasize Lou Will instead of McCollum in support of that 6th man argument. 

Fair enough, didnt mention McCollum at first because he couldnt come to mind. And based off watching the games I see more of a Lou Will instead of CJ. Cj uses more of a pull up and step back jumper. Dont see that in Quickleys game yet. Quickleys game rn is revolved around floaters, shooting a 3 off the pick, and drawing fouls. 

Also brought up the 6th man talk because I can see how fantasy owners not watching the game and see a bad game and be like "wtf this dude isnt consistent *drops* " And also for owners to not expect he will start in the near future.

So a shoot first guard, aggressive off pick and roll, "microwave", and will not start = more Lou Will than CJ. Never have i said he wants to BE lou will. I think theres a difference between modeling and wanting to "be." He has similarities to Lou at this stage of his career - about 20 games in. And well, he actually said it. My bad for not mentioning CJ, but original post I had is intended for fantasy advice in this season and the near future and not a Quickley future career aspirations.

Whenever you get the chance to roster a player (ie. Rookie) that’s fun to watch that’s  just icing on the cake. 
Those that have LeMelo can definitely relate to that.

• Like 1

Right now prefer Quickley to continue to come off the bench.  Barrett and especially Randle get too much free reign to do whatever they want on offense and he defers to them.  They're play is not very good basketball.  Not talking fantasy but real basketball. It's great to see him finish close games though even though it's with them, it shows the confidence of the coach.  I think it's a bad pairing to play too many minutes with those two currently fantasy wise and basketball wise.

Obviously he can't avoid playing with those guys, but I believe he will develop better if he's the lead ball handler and not just dribbling it across half court when paired with both of them on the floor. Pretty ugly basketball watching those two put their heads down and drive to the basket with no real plan.

Edited by The Analyst
clarifying
  • Like 4
9 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

Right now prefer Quickley to continue to come off the bench.  Barrett and especially Randle get too much free reign to do whatever they want on offense and he defers to them.  They're play is not very good basketball.  Not talking fantasy but real basketball. It's great to see him finish close games though even though it's with them, it shows the confidence of the coach.  I think it's a bad pairing to play too many minutes with those two currently fantasy wise and basketball wise.

Exactly 

24 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

RJ doing his best “Carmelo during Linsanity” impression. Can’t let the new kid upstage him.

RJ was ball hogging so hard at the end of the game and single handedly changed it from a close loss to a semi blowout. Refusing to pass to Quickley and making dumb drives to either get blocked or get free throws that he then missed.

• Like 1