NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook

4 minutes ago, gregp said:

I'm not saying dont play him at all, just no need to play him a ton of mins and have him out there chucking shots. I mean, the Knicks are winning.

Haliburton was a projected lotto pick, sure he fell in the draft, but he is a far superior player to IQ. 

Guarantee you if IQ started playing 30+ mins a game his FG% would drop even lower than it is, TOs would go up and Knicks would prob lose couple more games. It's just not worth it for a player that's far exceeding expectations. Hes not a good defender yet, and hes inconsistent on offense. Sometimes it's better to conserve greatness rather than force it. But hey, I'm rooting for the guy, hes fun to watch.

Tbh whatever Thibs is doing rn is fine cuz Knicks are 5th in East. Meanwhile Hali, Walton and Kings have lost 9 straight.

I don't think Thibs is someone savior or messiah, I don't even like the guy. But I like the direction the Knicks are going

He's averaged 17 minutes a game over the last ten, no one's even asking for 30 minutes but surely your most promising rookie can get atleast 20-25. How's he supposed to improve his defense from the bench? The Knicks beat one of the worst teams in the league this year, in the midst of a 9 game losing streak, coached by the worst coach in the league so Thibs must be a genius.

The kings are developing the future star of their team and are going to get a way better draft pick in a loaded draft class, and aren't trading away picks for expiring contracts because they haven't tried to convince themselves they are contenders. Id way rather be the kings than the knicks right now.

• Like 2
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

In reality, they are gonna need to develop Quickley faster if they want to do something in the playoffs. I haven't checked after the Rose trade but before that the offense was putrid. Getting Randle the ball is good but in playoffs they will figure that **** out. You win championships with defense, but not with 0 offense. I don't think Rose helped them that much either. 

Now if you have IQ play more, get into more perimeter creation, you can run more stuff in the playoffs chess match later on. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

He's averaged 17 minutes a game over the last ten, no one's even asking for 30 minutes but surely your most promising rookie can get atleast 20-25. How's he supposed to improve his defense from the bench? The Knicks beat one of the worst teams in the league this year, in the midst of a 9 game losing streak, coached by the worst coach in the league so Thibs must be a genius.

The kings are developing the future star of their team and are going to get a way better draft pick in a loaded draft class, and aren't trading away picks for expiring contracts because they haven't tried to convince themselves they are contenders. Id way rather be the kings than the knicks right now.

Yeah this class is loaded. Teams should tank for this and whenever the double draft year is.

However the ping pong ball chances have changed and it's not as beneficial to tank now. 

1 minute ago, rob0403 said:

Yeah this class is loaded. Teams should tank for this and whenever the double draft year is.

However the ping pong ball chances have changed and it's not as beneficial to tank now. 

Im glad they did that and I hope they make the percentages even more even. Hell Id support equal lottery odds for all teams that miss the playoffs.

And Im not even suggesting that the Knicks (or really any team) actually tank, just play your talented young players, let them develop, and take the losses as learning opportunities. It's a win-win, your young guys develop and you get a better draft pick in the process. The knicks are shooting themselves in the foot letting Thibs pick up guys like Gibson and Rose, and steal minutes from your young guys. Knox is still only 21, is a top ten pick, and theyve completely given up on him so that they can play Taj Gibson 20 minutes a night? It's genuinely painful to see a franchise so poorly run.

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

What's this about people thinking Thibs is a genius only because he beat the Kings? Sounds made up.

• Haha 1

I am looking back to Jan 24 to Feb 1, Thibs might be the only coach to minimize a player after a 25, 25, 31 pt showing. Yeah he didn't play well in 1 game and the other was a 16 pt but you rather play him and work on the offense if you wanna win.

Even if he blows up this weekend, I am scared Thibs will find some reason to bench him.

• Like 1

I don't get why he just doesn't start. Basically Spurs made their run when Thibs stuck with Frank Ntilikina to start the third. Though Frank's stats look good, whatever they were doing on the floor was losing basketball. 

Then when IQ came on, they started scoring to catch up but it was too late. And they didn't catch up because IQ played with Toppin who was wasting possessions. 

Thibs won't start IQ this year

• Like 1

Can't trust the minutes, otherwise he would be a solid pickup. I'm taking a flier on KPJ and can't bring myself to hop on the Quickley express again. He was playing really well, but a lot of those points came in garbage time. I agree with the above: buyer beware. 

everytime i hop back on the IQ train, mainly for streaming, im always crossing my fingers he has one of his hot nights, ultimately those saucy lines have only come when he's on the WW, so i end up getting burned. its so unpredictable

• Thanks 1

I want to drop him so badly but I'm scared to. His good games are like, really really good. and then they get followed by a 13 minute stinker. I just don't want to see him killing it for someone else's roster. but meanwhile Elf Payton is a FA and I need assists...

Edited by rotojoe
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 7:35 AM, rotojoe said:

I want to drop him so badly but I'm scared to. His good games are like, really really good. and then they get followed by a 13 minute stinker. I just don't want to see him killing it for someone else's roster. but meanwhile Elf Payton is a FA and I need assists...

Thibs love setting up expectations and then stepping all over it in the name of "defense"

On 3/14/2021 at 11:31 PM, Stefan said:

Hesus f ucking Christ 
just start him already

WTF where's some Immanuel "IQ" Quickley LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ???!?!??!

1st start of the season 

back 2 back 30 + mins games

back 2 back 20 + points games

GEE hard audience to please  

Edited by Stefan
25 minutes ago, Stefan said:

WTF where's some Immanuel "IQ" Quickley LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ???!?!??!

1st start of the season 

back 2 back 30 + mins games

back 2 back 20 + points games

GEE hard audience to please  

12 3p-attempts

7 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

He's got to play smart, set plays, take good shots. Gunning every time won't do it. Live up to his IQ initials

I watched the highlights above - his shot doesn't look "smooth" - seems like a "push" or something. But agree, if he's going to be starting, he needs to be more involved and not just a gunner