Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Heal up quick please.. he is already such a major improvement over that bum Payton.

As for fantasy purposes, Quickley is probably a year away from being a solid contributor to standard leagues. Will have some great nights for sure this year, but he's on a short leash so you can't really count on him yet. He does however make the team play a lot better by simply getting his teammates involved and proving the needed spacing. Him playing more minutes should really increase the value of other guys on the NYK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, IDatDude said:


How long are guys usually out for hip pointers? 

This is the moment when it seemed to happen:

At first I read it was a non contact injury - which probably would be scarier, but reviewing that play, it looks like Holiday landed on Qyickleys hip with the rebound. I think it's usually 2-3 weeks to get back to full health?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, perkinsfor3 said:

This is the moment when it seemed to happen:

At first I read it was a non contact injury - which probably would be scarier, but reviewing that play, it looks like Holiday landed on Qyickleys hip with the rebound. I think it's usually 2-3 weeks to get back to full health?

 

 

mhhh no dude lol, he's like 4 feet away from Holiday, don't get tricked by the camera angle. It is a non contant injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, doomz said:

 

 

mhhh no dude lol, he's like 4 feet away from Holiday, don't get tricked by the camera angle. It is a non contant injury.

Seems you're right. Doubt it's a hip pointer then? Didnt notice anything obvious which could have led to it earlier on. 

 

Knicks totally collapsed in second half btw. 

Edited by perkinsfor3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy hold in deeper leagues; he was severely outplaying Payton until his injury (and getting the minutes too, he played 12 min straight), and the Knicks were winning while he was in there. He's got the goods to eventually take over, and I don't think this injury is serious. Some patience will be necessary. Shallower leagues can watch from the wire.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CFN said:

Easy hold in deeper leagues; he was severely outplaying Payton until his injury (and getting the minutes too, he played 12 min straight), and the Knicks were winning while he was in there. He's got the goods to eventually take over, and I don't think this injury is serious. Some patience will be necessary. Shallower leagues can watch from the wire.

 

Agreed. I'm in a deeper dynasty and he's an easy hold at the moment. If they announce he's out for 3/4 weeks then ehhhhh. I'll be making a decision between him and Gary Trent Jr. right when JJJ gets back.

But everyone with 2 eyes could see how well the offense ran when he was on the floor vs Payton. This shouldn't be much of a competition when he gets back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick research says average recovery on a hip pointer is 1-3 weeks 

Julius Randle a couple years back missed 3 games so it does seem likely he’s gonna miss Saturday game at the very least

Might be a tough hold for those who didn’t watch and w this being the first week of waivers but anybody who watched the game saw his impact. Including Thibs who spoke glowingly about him after the game  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he'll end up being the starter. When he was on the floor their offense was clicking. Insert Peyton and it all went to sh*t. The fact that he can't shoot just messes up all of the spacing. 

Edited by Jugernot
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was in a shallow league I'd have zero issue dropping him for a Keldon Johnson type player. Otherwise I would wait a few weeks and see what develops. PGs that can distribute and shoot the 3 at a good clip can be extremely valuable. He's also one of the best FT shooters in the NBA already.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook
8 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

what's it gonna take for this dude to get IR status?

 

Expecting him to get it ASAP, and definitely before tomorrow since he's been ruled out a day early for his 3rd straight missed game (usually Yahoo uses 3+ missed games OR projected to miss 3+ games as a qualifier for the INJ tag)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 9:42 PM, kball09 said:

If I was in a shallow league I'd have zero issue dropping him for a Keldon Johnson type player. Otherwise I would wait a few weeks and see what develops. PGs that can distribute and shoot the 3 at a good clip can be extremely valuable. He's also one of the best FT shooters in the NBA already.

What is your expectation for him in terms of role and minutes?  In a 14 teamer I feel like he's hardly on the radar for me so I'm trying to understand what the hype is about.  I'm asking as someone who is genuinely clueless about him and his situation.  If he's stuck in a reserve/limited minutes role despite being pretty good in his limited time a la fellow rookie Cole Anthony he'd be someone I keep an eye on only versus a hold over more stable production (him being hurt and unable to give us more data obviously plays a big part in this).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

What is your expectation for him in terms of role and minutes?  In a 14 teamer I feel like he's hardly on the radar for me so I'm trying to understand what the hype is about.  I'm asking as someone who is genuinely clueless about him and his situation.  If he's stuck in a reserve/limited minutes role despite being pretty good in his limited time a la fellow rookie Cole Anthony he'd be someone I keep an eye on only versus a hold over more stable production (him being hurt and unable to give us more data obviously plays a big part in this).

 

Everyone stashing him (myself included) is simply speculating that he can eat into the NYK point guard minutes and maybe take the starting job. He has excellent pedigree (UK), is an unconscious shooter, and killed it during the preseason. Can light it up from three (42.8%) and the free throw line (92.3%) on high volume attempts (4.8 and 5.2 respectively). Kinda reminds me of a more highly recruited, smaller version of Kevin Martin. Probably better suited as an off-ball guard to run off screens, but he could develop a more well-rounded game.

Quickley has his limitations (namely rebounding and playmaking), but playing for Thibs in NY is a dream scenario for any young PG. They need floor spacing and Quickley can provide it.

Anyone who says they expect Quickley to play X amount of minutes is probably talking out of their a**. It's all speculation right now, but with good reason.

Also, Cole Anthony needs to be owned in a 14 teamer.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

 

Everyone stashing him (myself included) is simply speculating that he can eat into the NYK point guard minutes and maybe take the starting job. He has excellent pedigree (UK), is an unconscious shooter, and killed it during the preseason. Can light it up from three (42.8%) and the free throw line (92.3%) on high volume attempts (4.8 and 5.2 respectively). Kinda reminds me of a more highly recruited, smaller version of Kevin Martin. Probably better suited as an off-ball guard to run off screens, but he could develop a more well-rounded game.

Quickley has his limitations (namely rebounding and playmaking), but playing for Thibs in NY is a dream scenario for any young PG. They need floor spacing and Quickley can provide it.

Anyone who says they expect Quickley to play X amount of minutes is probably talking out of their a**. It's all speculation right now, but with good reason.

Also, Cole Anthony needs to be owned in a 14 teamer.


As a Knicks fan I would say this is a pretty good analysis of IQ. I would note that we don’t really know about his playmaking ability because he wasn’t asked to do that at UK. However he did look good setting up his teammates during preseason and played w/ more poised than I expected. 
His energy is built for NY and the fans are gonna luv him once they return to the arena. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CFN said:

 

Expecting him to get it ASAP, and definitely before tomorrow since he's been ruled out a day early for his 3rd straight missed game (usually Yahoo uses 3+ missed games OR projected to miss 3+ games as a qualifier for the INJ tag)

Yep spot on - if he misses today he’ll get INJ status 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have him stashed on IR in both ESPN and Yahoo. I like the kid’s potential but you have to be patient w/ him. Thibs isn’t handing him the starting spot just because. He has to go out there and earn it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s great to see Quickley back on the floor. He just got great energy and I love the way he is able to draw fouls

Such a good skill to have when you shoot 90% from the line 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kilslo said:

It’s great to see Quickley back on the floor. He just got great energy and I love the way he is able to draw fouls

Such a good skill to have when you shoot 90% from the line 


Oh yeah, his ability to get to the line as a rookie can’t be understated. That’s only going to get better over the next few seasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tazdingo said:

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1345563928630349825?s=20


Something to take note of. If Payton throws up more stinkers, you know what to do.

 

Yessssssss Thibs, yes! Been stashing Quickley since the preseason, albeit in a very deep league and it helped that he had the INJ tag. Would be huge if he can continue to provide low end value in limited minutes. Otherwise we'll all have to watch from the wire, which always makes me uncomfortable. No doubt he's exactly the kind of PG the Knicks need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lethotjames23 said:

he's ballin rn. i just wonder how many assists he could get in a starting role. doesn't seem to be a GREAT passer, but isn't doing dumb **** either. you can tell he can really play

 I don't think he will be a great passer, but I believe he is what they need in their starting lineup. Randle and Barrett are shot creators and he is such a better shooter than Peyton. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...