NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook

Just now, Jugernot said:

I don't think he will be a great passer, but I believe he is what they need in their starting lineup. Randle and Barrett are shot creators and he is such a better shooter than Peyton. 

yeah agreed. just trying to project the statline we can expect from him going forward

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

yeah agreed. just trying to project the statline we can expect from him going forward

It's hard to say, we need to see more. In the pre-season near the end he was getting 5-6 assists. 

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

Why?  In standards where is the path to value without waiting till a third of the season is left?

Agreed. Watch him closely though. I really believe he will overtake Peyton this season. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, dfstout said:

He played the whole 4th

Knicks won

He guarded Trae

He scored more than Elf taking half the shots

He is clearly their best PG

Thibs loves him

You should be ahead of these things instead of left in the 💨 in competitive leagues

He got stocks as well

Elf gets hurt every year

He played 23 mins in his 3rd game

His name makes for awesome fantasy team names

He thanks God and gives credit to everyone else but himself

👁 test

Run...Quickley...

Good points

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Good points

Thanks man...I have no agenda...I just call it like I see it... kid is legit... in competitive or deep leagues kid could be gold as the last player on your bench...

10 minutes ago, dfstout said:

He played the whole 4th

Knicks won

He guarded Trae

Thibs loves him

You should be ahead of these things instead of left in the 💨 in competitive leagues

He got stocks as well

Elf gets hurt every year

👁 test

Run...Quickley...

image.jpeg.d06290a4ff570c0be47577e2e4dd015c.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, dfstout said:

He played the whole 4th

Knicks won

He guarded Trae

Thibs loves him

He got stocks as well

Elf gets hurt every year

👁 test

Run...Quickley...

Thanks, this got me even more pumped.  Didn't get to see any of the game so I went to the Knicks subreddit post game thread to see what they were saying, and they are going crazy over this guy.  That was enough for me to make the pickup, but your post makes me feel better about it.

• Like 1

Thibs is slowly turning the ship around.

And Quickley really wants to be coached by the dude (he constantly went to Thibs during dead ball situations to get his input). I'm sure that gives Thibs a stiffy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Check out this quote from him.  How can you not like reading this from a rookie:

“I’ve been a lot of winning teams like USA Basketball, both my years at Kentucky we had winning teams and you can tell when guys like being around each other – not only on the floor, but guys like being around each other off the floor. That’s a big part of team chemistry,” Quickley said. “We don’t really have a lot of egos which is kind of hard I feel like, to find in the NBA. But this team has great camaraderie and I feel like that’s the biggest part of being able to do something special. That’s why we’ve been able to come back a lot of times. Whether it be preseason, regular season, we just don’t give up on each other.”

Sounds very poised and he seems to have the makings of a leader.  I feel like if the culture with the Knicks is going to turn around he will be part of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

He does not pass the eye test, but if he continues to produce I will be taking interest on him.

I'm gonna say what I said about Keldon Johnson & Pop and apply it here:

I could care less what fans or other people think about Quickley. If Thibs loves him, I love him for fantasy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, tazdingo said:

Made the swap as well. Lets go. Choo choo indeed.

you swapped Elf for Quickly? not sure i would have done that yet unless you need PTS/3s which are very easy to find at almost every position on the wire.

while i do think Quickly will be the 2nd PG off the bench at some point, everyone needs to realize that both Frank and Dennis are injured right now and were also getting minutes.

when all the guards are healthy, unless Thibs benches 2 of them, which is certainly possible with Thibs, this will be a carousel game to game unfortunately. not to mention Rivers can play some PG as well.

keep an eye on him but dont expect an immediate role reversal, especially since hes a rookie and we know how Thibs is with Rooks...

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

you swapped Elf for Quickly? not sure i would have done that yet unless you need PTS/3s which are very easy to find at almost every position on the wire.

while i do think Quickly will be the 2nd PG off the bench at some point, everyone needs to realize that both Frank and Dennis are injured right now and were also getting minutes.

when all the guards are healthy, unless Thibs benches 2 of them, which is certainly possible with Thibs, this will be a carousel game to game unfortunately. not to mention Rivers can play some PG as well.

keep an eye on him but dont expect an immediate role reversal, especially since hes a rookie and we know how Thibs is with Rooks...

Oh no, I mean this as "I swapped out my most dropable player (Willie Cauley Stein) for Quickley". FWIW, I listened to the post game interview of Carlisle regarding WCS and he didn't seem to enthused about making a full time swap of Powell for WCS in the starting lineup just yet. Thibs on the other hand was gushing like he got a Victoria Secret Model to go out with him. I don't think my league will run to grab WCS just yet but the secret on Quickley is now out thanks to that Blurb and in my 14-team league, you have to pounce very quickly (no pun intended) on the guys who are in a good position to bloom.

Edited by tazdingo
  • Like 1