NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, dfstout said:

We all know how Thibs is with rookies ... I mean its not like he coached a ROY/MVP at the PG position before right? 🙄

I think Rose was with Thibs in his 3rd year, not the rookie year.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

I think Rose was with Thibs in his 3rd year, not the rookie year.

Vinny D thats right... well I stand corrected but still when he finds a PG he likes he runs him...thanks man

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, tazdingo said:

Oh no, I mean this as "I swapped out my most dropable player (Willie Cauley Stein) for Quickley". FWIW, I listened to the post game interview of Carlisle regarding WCS and he didn't seem to enthused about making a full time swap of Powell for WCS in the starting lineup just yet. Thibs on the other hand was gushing like he got a Victoria Secret Model to go out with him. I don't think my league will run to grab WCS just yet but the secret on Quickley is now out thanks to that Blurb and in my 14-team league, you have to pounce very quickly (no pun intended) on the guys who are in a good position to bloom.

ok good lol...that makes much more sense... definitely doesnt hurt to take a shot on him if you have the drop...funny enough, ive got my eye on WCS right now after his last game and we'll see if he starts again tonight

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dfstout said:

Vinny D thats right... well I stand corrected but still when he finds a PG he likes he runs him...thanks man

regardless... i dont think Quickley is Rose....

• Like 1

The point guards Quickley has to beat are not great on talent and those guys have all been given shots to get the spot.  I know the coach is normally not a rookie guy, but I don't know if that can stop him from elevating Quickley up the chain.  The kid looks very poised, polished and unafraid in the moment.  He's not looking to score but isn't afraid either.  My main concern for him would be can his body hold up.  The team appears more energetic and engaged with him out there.  They seem to play better with him out there in his few games.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

The point guards Quickley has to beat are not great on talent and those guys have all been given shots to get the spot.  I know the coach is normally not a rookie guy, but I don't know if that can stop him from elevating Quickley up the chain.  The kid looks very poised, polished and unafraid in the moment.  He's not looking to score but isn't afraid either.  My main concern for him would be can his body hold up.  The team appears more energetic and engaged with him out there.  They seem to play better with him out there in his few games.

He has a big body for a guard.. from what I am seeing.. looks to be a pretty physical guard. 

11 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

agreed but PG is probably the toughest position to come into the nba from college and excel at. hes going to have ups and downs whereas Elf might not put up great numbers but he does know how to be a floor general which Thibs might value more knowing how young our team is...time will tell but i think Elf stays as the leading pg with Quick being first man off the bench eventually

21 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

agreed but PG is probably the toughest position to come into the nba from college and excel at. hes going to have ups and downs whereas Elf might not put up great numbers but he does know how to be a floor general which Thibs might value more knowing how young our team is...time will tell but i think Elf stays as the leading pg with Quick being first man off the bench eventually

I'm with you on that.  I think being a rookie is tough as it is, but PG and C are pretty rough to come into.  In fantasy I could care less if the guy starts or comes off the bench if they are valuable for whatever I got him at. I wasn't saying that he should start immediately or even for this year.  I think though based on the few games he looks like the best point guard they got longer term. Elf is not really a starter in this league except for a bad team like the Knicks.  He's a bit injury prone too.  The Knicks so far seem to be playing better overall.  I think Quickley looks to be in a position similar to Haliburton to get good minutes.  I was pretty surprised how he was able to get the referees to make calls for him so early in his career. I loved the story the announcers told of his mom threatening to not feeding him if he did not make his free throws. 

Edited by The Analyst
misspelling
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

I'm with you on that.  I think being a rookie is tough as it is, but PG and C are pretty rough to come into.  In fantasy I could care less if the guy starts or comes off the bench if they are valuable for whatever I got him at. I wasn't saying that he should start immediately or even for this year.  I think though based on the few games he looks like the best point guard they got longer term. Elf is not really a starter in this league except for a bad team like the Knicks.  He's a bit injury prone too.  The Knicks so far seem to be playing better overall.  I think Quickley looks to be in a position similar to Haliburton to get good minutes.  I was pretty surprised how he was able to get the referees to make calls for him so early in his career. I loved the story the announcers told of his mom threating to not feeding him if he did not make his free throws. 

sorry, wasnt implying you were the one saying he was goign to be the eventual starter. others on here based on the previous posts indicated that.

either way, lets hope he continues to get run, regardless of fantasy lol becuase hes fun to watch out there.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

he actually does. only reason why i picked him up during the game.

Lol. Yeah I don’t know what that guy is talking about, this kid looks amazingly poised for a rookie, on both ends of the floor. Already the best PG the Knicks had drafted in a very very very long time lol. 

He passed the eye test during his preseason games but I didn’t think much cause I thought Payton had the starting job locked.Watched the game other night where he completely took over in the 4th quarter and I had to run to ww. If anything he’s all eye test atm.   

As someone who owned Payton in a couple of leagues, I am very very nervous...feels like the clock is ticking. 

1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

Lol. Yeah I don’t know what that guy is talking about, this kid looks amazingly poised for a rookie, on both ends of the floor. Already the best PG the Knicks had drafted in a very very very long time lol. 

He passed the eye test during his preseason games but I didn’t think much cause I thought Payton had the starting job locked.Watched the game other night where he completely took over in the 4th quarter and I had to run to ww. If anything he’s all eye test atm.   

As someone who owned Payton in a couple of leagues, I am very very nervous...feels like the clock is ticking. 

The only thing about your last line is, they've been winning games lately with Payton playing a big role in them. Generally when you do that for Thibs, you get his trust for a while. 

He plays like a more athletic version of Haliburton.

And speaking of trust, Thibs played a rookie.. in the 4th quarter..in a close game..against a top seeded team (at that time at least). That's a whole lot of trust.

With that said, I do expect that he might get shut out in the next game by a Jazz defense that wants to bounce back after a loss.

43 minutes ago, fachowski said:

He plays like a more athletic version of Haliburton.

And speaking of trust, Thibs played a rookie.. in the 4th quarter..in a close game..against a top seeded team (at that time at least). That's a whole lot of trust.

With that said, I do expect that he might get shut out in the next game by a Jazz defense that wants to bounce back after a loss.

I'm seeing some Chauncey Billups in him. Quickley is just so smart about the way he moves and his positioning. Don't see much of a comparison with Haliburton tbh. I'm also seeing some Ron Artest in him, and that's a mix of the face plus the way he walks/runs. 

Definitely some Ron Artest as he is very uncomfortable for a PG, really does not pass the eye test with his coordination and movement. Might be better fit playing off the ball with occasional play making duties in the flow of the game sprinkled in. Not build for a play maker in this league for sure. More of a shooter-defensive presence-all around type of a guy.

2 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Definitely some Ron Artest as he is very uncomfortable for a PG, really does not pass the eye test with his coordination and movement. Might be better fit playing off the ball with occasional play making duties in the flow of the game sprinkled in. Not build for a play maker in this league for sure. More of a shooter-defensive presence-all around type of a guy.

He played off the ball mostly in college, but when he played on the ball he showed he was a very capable, albeit somewhat impatient, passer and playmaker. If Calipari would've played him at PG and showcased him a bit more, like he probably would've been at Kansas, where he initially signed, he probably would've been a lottery pick. He's a great ISO player, has great slashing ability and handles the ball really well, so saying he is very uncomfortable as a PG is nonsense, but we all know about your Ray Charles impersonations. What is actually remarkable is how well he handles being a PG in the NBA right away, which position should be his main focus. He also looks like a great fit with Randle, who's a very capable passer but not a great ballhandler. With Randle as a post playmaker, and Quickley's slashing ability (he's going to eat at the FT line - he is elite at drawing the foul, already), ability to find space and keep moving on offense and strong build, the Knicks finally have something to really start watching games for again - the IQ/Rivers/RJ/Randle/Mitch line up is going to do well for them. Quickley is not one to get a lot of steals, but his defenseis good and has a lot of upside. He has long arms (6-9 wingspan), good rfefexes and if he stays patient, he could become quite good on that end as well. He's already leading the team and communicating a lot - probably most, of anyone on that roster so far. The nickname IQ is sticking for more than one reason. As mentioned, I'd look at a Billups or a CJ or a Mitchell, maybe a Brogdon skill-wise to see his upside. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

He played off the ball mostly in college, but when he played on the ball he showed he was a very capable, albeit somewhat impatient, passer and playmaker. If Calipari would've played him at PG and showcased him a bit more, like he probably would've been at Kansas, where he initially signed, he probably would've been a lottery pick. He's a great ISO player, has great slashing ability and handles the ball really well, so saying he is very uncomfortable as a PG is nonsense, but we all know about your Ray Charles impersonations. What is actually remarkable is how well he handles being a PG in the NBA right away, which position should be his main focus. He also looks like a great fit with Randle, who's a very capable passer but not a great ballhandler. With Randle as a post playmaker, and Quickley's slashing ability (he's going to eat at the FT line - he is elite at drawing the foul, already), ability to find space and keep moving on offense and strong build, the Knicks finally have something to really start watching games for again - the IQ/Rivers/RJ/Randle/Mitch line up is going to do well for them. Quickley is not one to get a lot of steals, but his defenseis good and has a lot of upside. He has long arms (6-9 wingspan), good rfefexes and if he stays patient, he could become quite good on that end as well. He's already leading the team and communicating a lot - probably most, of anyone on that roster so far. The nickname IQ is sticking for more than one reason. As mentioned, I'd look at a Billups or a CJ or a Mitchell, maybe a Brogdon skill-wise to see his upside. 

Haliburton and him,Which one do you think will have higher fantasy upside?

Just now, kane said:

I  feel like I'm playing with fire in gambling on both of them at the same time...

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!! 🔥🔥🔥

8 minutes ago, kane said:

Hali. My favorite player in this class - Quickley maybe second. So there's that, but Haliburton has shown to be capable of racking up steals much more than Quickley. Both have good value in dynasty leagues though. 

12 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

I  feel like I'm playing with fire in gambling on both of them at the same time...

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!! 🔥🔥🔥

I have them both on my team. I'm going for "a rookies unleashed at the end of the season" special.

54 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

I'm seeing some Chauncey Billups in him. Quickley is just so smart about the way he moves and his positioning. Don't see much of a comparison with Haliburton tbh. I'm also seeing some Ron Artest in him, and that's a mix of the face plus the way he walks/runs. 

I compare him to Haliburton because they look composed as rookies. I can see the Chauncey comp though.

His 3 straight made free throws in the clutch was noteworthy (add the fact that he drew the foul on Trae Young by giving him a taste of his own medicine)

Edited by fachowski
  • Like 1