NBC Sports Edge Forums

Immanuel Quickley 2020-2021 Outlook

Just now, perkinsfor3 said:

Hali. My favorite player in this class - Quickley maybe second. So there's that, but Haliburton has shown to be capable of racking up steals much more than Quickley. Both have good value in dynasty leagues though. 

I also like Hali more,he seems have better basketball IQ,playmaking ability and his game seems more fantasy friendly(good fg%,3s,assist and steal),he reminds me of Jason Kidd

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He played the whole 4th Knicks won He guarded Trae He scored more than Elf taking half the shots He is clearly their best PG Thibs loves him You should be ahead of these

If jorma says to drop you definitely know hes worth holding.  Some of you guys are so impatient. 11-1-2 in 15 minutes. How often is elfrid gonna be matched up against a rookie pg? The magic are o

Nah, the poster is rightfully shaming the lack of empathy you are displaying. It’s not acceptable to wish an injury upon people, and especially for your fantasy team of all things.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, fachowski said:

I compare him to Haliburton because they look composed as rookies. I can see the Chauncey comp though.

His 3 straight made free throws in the clutch was noteworthy (add the fact that he drew the foul on Trae Young by giving him a taste of his own medicine)

I get that. And even though it was expected that this draft would probably produce some very good role players, it's exciting to see Haliburton, Quickley and also Maldeon playing such an advanced game. All three could/should be good starters in the league soon. 

Edited by perkinsfor3
1 hour ago, Amendola96 said:

Do you think guys he's going to lose a bit of scoring potential with Alec Burks coming back? 

Not with him still being stuck in a walking boot. I'm starting to suspect the injury is worse than an ankle sprain.

1 minute ago, lethotjames23 said:

lol thibs is really gonna play payton 43 mins after quickley had a great game. what the f--- are these coaches

Yep...brutal...mad corny

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

lol thibs is really gonna play payton 43 mins after quickley had a great game. what the f--- are these coaches

As a Knicks fan it was the right move to play payton that much. He was playing well.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, EsTiLO said:

As a Knicks fan it was the right move to play payton that much. He was playing well.

only thibs plays guys 40+ minutes a game every night. that **** is  going to and has ended careers prematurely. doesn't matter how well they're playing. its ridiculous to ignore the science on that.

19 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

only thibs plays guys 40+ minutes a game every night. that **** is  going to and has ended careers prematurely. doesn't matter how well they're playing. its ridiculous to ignore the science on that.

Payton coulda had a slight breather. But he was playing well. He was feasting inside the paint.

29 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

That may be true and I know Thibs has mentioned about cutting back some of their practices to limit the extra stress but right now (as a Knicks fan) I’ll worry about that later and I’m just enjoying the W’s that’s coming in. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cozie said:

That may be true and I know Thibs has mentioned about cutting back some of their practices to limit the extra stress but right now (as a Knicks fan) I’ll worry about that later and I’m just enjoying the W’s that’s coming in. 

live like an hour outside of the city, its cool to see them playing well. just think he should reign that back a little, fantasy aside. especially when you have a prospect like quickley who needs some run

Edited by lethotjames23
37 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Well the hype died “Quickley”. Payton is the man.

Haha definitely seems to be the case.  Excited to see what he can do when he gets more playing time though, whenever that is.  Still avoid in deep leagues though?

13 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

believe it or not, coaches dont care about your fantasy team and want to win games lol

12 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

plenty of guys in the past have played huge minutes without issue and guys play low minutes and get injured. its not a "surefire" science as they would like you to believe. an injury can occur at any moment. love that he plays guys big minutes. these are professional athletes, they can endure 40 minutes of work for an evening

anyway, like i said, lets pump the brakes on the quickley train. hes a rookie coached by Thibs

Thibs did the right thing. Quickley looked lost right out of the bat. Better to pull him out of the game before he makes mistakes that will further sap his confidence.

They play the Thunder next. In comparison to how he looked against the Jazz, I expect a bounce back game.

27 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

believe it or not, coaches dont care about your fantasy team and want to win games lol

plenty of guys in the past have played huge minutes without issue and guys play low minutes and get injured. its not a "surefire" science as they would like you to believe. an injury can occur at any moment. love that he plays guys big minutes. these are professional athletes, they can endure 40 minutes of work for an evening

anyway, like i said, lets pump the brakes on the quickley train. hes a rookie coached by Thibs

i've grown up around knicks fans my entire life so to see you guys act so short sighted because you're so starved to win some games is not surprising lmao.

we'll see how playing randle 500 minutes a night turns out.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, fachowski said:

Thibs did the right thing. Quickley looked lost right out of the bat. Better to pull him out of the game before he makes mistakes that will further sap his confidence.

They play the Thunder next. In comparison to how he looked against the Jazz, I expect a bounce back game.

Yeah because he was coming back from injury and you let rookies make mistakes, that’s how they learn from them. Playing a rookie only 6 minutes and letting Payton get 40 minutes doesn’t help anybody except wear down your starting PG and give no experience to your rookie PG you just drafted.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yeah because he was coming back from injury and you let rookies make mistakes, that’s how they learn from them. Playing a rookie only 6 minutes and letting Payton get 40 minutes doesn’t help anybody except wear down your starting PG and give no experience to your rookie PG you just drafted.

I agree.

But Thibs played to win that game. I would bet that Quickley's getting a whole lot of film session before the next game.That's why I expect he'll get some run (blowout or otherwise) in the next game.

And besides, from the Hawks game, Thibs has shown that he'll play Quickley in a close game if he does well (Elf and Rivers were active in that game as well.)

• Like 1